• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carson had a good game last night. Only had the one INT, but that wasn't his fault, and the fumble. He had 2 nice TD passes and some good looking deep balls. My concern at this point is that the Raiders are going to go 9-7, missing the playoffs, or even wind up making it and losing in the 1st round, giving us a low 20's pick, then wind up similar next year giving us a mid to late 2nd round pick.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering who was finally going to bring Carson up today....he looked good throwing the ball downfield last night.....he's always been best when his running game is working and he throws less passes, throwing a higher percentage downfield.....he had plenty of zip on the ball last night, and looks to have a couple of deep threats.....of course it was only one game....I only watched until midway through the third quarter, but saw both of his td passes and I think when I went to bed he was something like 10-12 for 250+.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He missed his first 2 passes, then hit 10 in a row. He did have a pick, but that was on the coaches IMO. Michael Bush had just broken off a 30-some odd yard run and was clearly tired, yet they jumped into the no-huddle, and Bush basically fell down trying to block, allowing Carson to be hit as he threw.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm shocked Flaming didn't start this thread.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He deff played a solid game. good arm, had time, i mean...you guys cant forget he was the #1 pick and given a 120 million dollar contract to be a QB...so, when he plays well once in a while...Its not like the Apocalypse.

Andy Dalton threw 3 tds last weekend, matt moore toosed 3 last weekend, and even Shaun Hill threw 3 Tds in a game last year

point is, i didnt care about losing the 200 on the bet I made, I didnt care that Carson played well, I cared that the Bengals get a worse pick with every radier win

That being said...God the AFC west denfeses are horrible. Cant believe we lost to fucking denver. Marv shoulda attempted that FG to win the game.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some good plays, but his offense was rather swell. I didn't get to see the whole game, due to a late supper, and taking care of kids and wife, well whatever. I saw Bush take a screen pass a great distance, that sure helped Palmer. I saw a receiver bobble a catch, but do a good enough job securing it that the refs didn't mess with it. I saw Palmer make 2 kinds of passes, over the top, and screen passes. did he throw any slant passes at all? It's like he was still running the Bratowski scheme or something. But, it looks like he's having more fun, anything is more fun than run,run, shovel pass, punt.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On a side note, God, do I wish we had Michael Bush instead of Cedric Benson.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind the key to Carson's success last night was the huge game Michael Bush was having.....he's never been great at the play action fake, but when the running game goes off they're going to bite anyway, and that first long one he hit to Moore the safety bit and left the corner one on one and Moore burned him....great catch too, caught the back end of the ball...I don't know how he held on.....did you guys see the 55 yard screen pass to Bush? Seemed like the whole side of the Charger defense left the field, and Bush was 30 yards downfield with the ball before anyone got close to him.....I don't think I've ever seen a defensive team play a screen pass worse.....

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ive seen a D play worse, tho not a on screen..but similar

shall yee recall the famous Brad Smith/Shon green shovel passes in the 2009 playoffs vs Cincy

embarrassing. I think Smith fake pitched left to no one, pitched to green...and he was gone. has to still be the longest gain of greens career

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen a D play worse, tho not a on screen..but similar

shall yee recall the famous Brad Smith/Shon green shovel passes in the 2009 playoffs vs Cincy

embarrassing. I think Smith fake pitched left to no one, pitched to green...and he was gone. has to still be the longest gain of greens career

I still remember that. that was ridiculous.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deff played a solid game. good arm, had time, i mean...you guys cant forget he was the #1 pick and given a 120 million dollar contract to be a QB...so, when he plays well once in a while...Its not like the Apocalypse.

Andy Dalton threw 3 tds last weekend, matt moore toosed 3 last weekend, and even Shaun Hill threw 3 Tds in a game last year

point is, i didnt care about losing the 200 on the bet I made, I didnt care that Carson played well, I cared that the Bengals get a worse pick with every radier win

That being said...God the AFC west denfeses are horrible. Cant believe we lost to fucking denver. Marv shoulda attempted that FG to win the game.

Yeah the West is directy opposite of the North.....San Diego's defense was highly ranked vs the pass, but they weren't there last night....we should never lose to any team in the West.....if defense wins then we should be in good stead if we make the playoffs.....

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He played well. Looked pretty mobile in the pocket (for Carson at least) and made some really nice throws. Only criticism would be that he doesnt seem to have a good feel for pressure but that could be a rust thing. I was dissapointed as I'm with Bip...er I mean Tobias that I see each Raider loss as higher pick. Was also shocked by how uninspired and bad the Chargers looked (particularly Rivers...who I thought was going to make a similar leap this year to what Aaron Rodgers made last year). Palmer was clearly the better QB on the field. How Norv Turner still has a job after so many years of getting nothing outta that roster is beyond me.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson had a good game last night. Only had the one INT, but that wasn't his fault, and the fumble. He had 2 nice TD passes and some good looking deep balls. My concern at this point is that the Raiders are going to go 9-7, missing the playoffs, or even wind up making it and losing in the 1st round, giving us a low 20's pick, then wind up similar next year giving us a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Mid irst and mid second is much better than seeing Carson sit at home on teh couch and us get nothing. Look at what we have done with our first and second round picks the last couple years.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm shocked Flaming didn't start this thread.

Meh. I was lurking around even during the game. Everyone already knows my feelings towards Carson's game. Yesterday was no different than I expected, though a little better. No need to rehash all that stuff, I'm not Bip. It was one game (though 2 imo because he played well against the Broncos).

And as I said in that other thread a couple weeks ago, I'm hoping the Raiders make it to the AFCC game. I've said it many times before, they started 4-2 because of their run game, and they won last night mostly as a product of their run game. If Hue can keep himself under control (unlike the previous 2 games) and run the air out of the ball, then whether a crappy Palmer is out there or Campbell, it won't matter much. They'll be winning games. And now they've set themselves up as the front runner in the division. Who gives a crap if they keep losing, but still make the playoffs 7-9. I would rather they play well enough to have a shot at the AFCC game (unless they meet the Bengals at any point) to get us that 1st round pick.

As for Carson's game, he reminded me a lot of 2005. He had very good pocket awareness minus the play on the fumble, ran the no-huddle effectively, he was going through his progressions (the analysts broke down several plays), he still had that ugly play action and a couple ugly pump fakes, he had good zip on the ball, and his accuracy was unbelievable.

The above said, Hue is an idiot. All day it was run the ball or a 20+ yard pass along the sideline. Way to protect your QB! You're only asking for the team to make mistakes with that kind of playcalling. What happened to the short passing game or the intermediate routes? Those are bread and butter for every great offense, and a great way to not only keep the defense unbalanced along with the long ball, but a way to milk the clock when leading. Not everybody's pass rush or run defense is going to be as bad as San Diego's.

All that said, when McFadden returns and DHB gets up to speed, that'll be a potent offense.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still don't see them as contenders for the AFCCG, so the more they win, the lower our pick gets.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is no team in the AFC that is head and shoulders above anyone else. The AFC is wide open. I wouldn't say any team doesn't have a chance to make it to the AFCCG.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Once again Spot on.

The Colts
Browns
Jags
Broncos
Dolphins
Titans
Chiefs