• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer coming back??

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
there's a rumor...

this could be one awkward, rough season

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you hear this rumor?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Where did you hear this rumor?

The Bengals team message board. one of Palmer's contacts that posts there is strongly hinting they'll be a press conference shortly... I know that sounds sketchy, but I've learned not to doubt him... he didn't say if it's for another team or with the Bengals, but I'm assuming it's the latter

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the same guy that claimed he was an "insider" this past January? If so, I'd go ahead and just doubt him.

BTW..... Anyone else here the rumor about Katie B., Brett Favre and Bus Cook at Ruby's steakhouse. Reedy has tweeted about it, but it sounds absurd.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it the same guy that claimed he was an "insider" this past January? If so, I'd go ahead and just doubt him.
BTW..... Anyone else here the rumor about Katie B., Brett Favre and Bus Cook at Ruby's steakhouse. Reedy has tweeted about it, but it sounds absurd.

No, this is basically someone who only posts inside stuff about the Palmer brothers...

and he's usually dead-on...

he hinted Palmer's coming out of retirement. he didn't specify where he'll be playing for though

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

LOL. The same guy that a week or so before Brat was canned said Brat's job was absolutely set in stone.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One way or the other, please allow this Palmer saga to end.

Palmer, if you're going to retire, please fill out your paperwork and make it official. If you're going to come back, please come back now.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And just for the record, I would love for Palmer to come back to the Bengals.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One way or the other, please allow this Palmer saga to end.

Palmer, if you're going to retire, please fill out your paperwork and make it official. If you're going to come back, please come back now.

Mortensen said he's in "retirement mode." he's not going to file...

I want it to end one way or the other.. I was actually getting ready for the Luck sweepstakes..

Favre or Palmer hurt the chances, even if they struggle

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we could guarantee Luck, I'd say screw Palmer, but I think our schedule is just easy enough that we'll miss out on him.

I would hate Favre here. How desperate would you have to be to come to the Bengals.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In a perfect world, Palmer comes back, tutors Dalton, and MB agrees to trade him after the season.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely no problem with Palmer, or what he has done, but can't imagine his mentoring Dalton as any kind of good situation......

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The easy thing would be to restructure his contract to a 1 year deal and allow him to walk after the season.

No way Palmer would pass that up.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also no way MB would ever do the easy thing.....just sayin'

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we could guarantee Luck, I'd say screw Palmer, but I think our schedule is just easy enough that we'll miss out on him.

I would hate Favre here. How desperate would you have to be to come to the Bengals.

Gruden (the real one) used to coach the Favre-era Packers. there's a connection..

plus it's the ultimate ego trip for Favre. if he loses here nobody cares... if he wins at 47 with the MB Bengals nobody can argue his legacy.. he's the GOAT!!!

there's no way he's signing here (i think), but that'd be interesting stuff...

my dream scenario is that Luck refuses to play here unless MB makes legit changes, so MB finally gives in to somone.. i think the Favre scenario is more realistic actually

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden (the real one) used to coach the Favre-era Packers. there's a connection..

plus it's the ultimate ego trip for Favre. if he loses here nobody cares... if he wins at 47 with the MB Bengals nobody can argue his legacy.. he's the GOAT!!!

there's no way he's signing here (i think), but that'd be interesting stuff...

my dream scenario is that Luck refuses to play here unless MB makes legit changes, so MB finally gives in to somone.. i think the Favre scenario is more realistic actually

BTW welcome, futbal....

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The easy thing would be to restructure his contract to a 1 year deal and allow him to walk after the season.

No way Palmer would pass that up.

To be honest I wish they just would have traded him after the lockout. that would have been best longterm assuming his value was as high as has been suggested...

playing one more season is a decent compromise at this stage.

but he'll have to learn a new offense in a couple of weeks, and he'll only be here during a rebuilding yr