• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer coming back??

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"needed concessions"

Are you aware of what Palmer has demanded aside from a trade?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"needed concessions"

Are you aware of what Palmer has demanded aside from a trade?

not sure.. but that poster "hinted" MB promised CP a trade in the past and is now going back on their handshake deal by refusing to trade him this offseason. that's what throws a snag in the whole "one yr compromise" plan. they've already compromised according to that guy. also NFL contracts don't allow a written agreement for a future trade per that source.. he basically says that the issues are MB in general and how he treats players.. it's the bad weather, Palmer's injuries, and MB going back on promise after promise.. Palmer needs to play in a warm climate...

that's all stuff I've come up with by reading the guy's posts.. it's the telphone game where I'm reporting stuff that's been told to someone else etc.. I might not be remembering things correctly, and stuff might have been lost in translation, but it's something to that the effect (i think)

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Futball,

Any updates?

strange update today...

a poster said that MB wouldn't welcome Palmer back. the insider said that there was a "rumor" MB had called CP 3 times last week about returning. and that MB also had a meeting with Jordan the day of the last preseason game to discuss it...

that post magically disappeared. i hope he's not banned now. he was always giving solid info about the team, in a cyptic, non-chalant manner. also he had said more incriminating things that were never deleted, blocked etc...

really strange

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how that adds up. Brown calls Carson 3 times to ask about returning, and now, assuming Carson never returned his calls, Brown wouldn't welcome him back? Maybe he should get his head out of his ass, put his ego aside, and pick a damn direction for the team.

So, now what happens if Palmer returns before the 9th? Is Brown going to suck it up, force Palmer on the bench, and pay him $11.5 million because he's no longer welcome? Is Brown going to suck it up and trade him? Is he going to change his mind on the whim again and allow Palmer to play?

What a shame anyone has to deal with Brown.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how that adds up. Brown calls Carson 3 times to ask about returning, and now, assuming Carson never returned his calls, Brown wouldn't welcome him back? Maybe he should get his head out of his ass, put his ego aside, and pick a damn direction for the team.

So, now what happens if Palmer returns before the 9th? Is Brown going to suck it up, force Palmer on the bench, and pay him $11.5 million because he's no longer welcome? Is Brown going to suck it up and trade him? Is he going to change his mind on the whim again and allow Palmer to play?

What a shame anyone has to deal with Brown.

just to clarify, one of the posters said MB wouldn't welcome him back, and CP's pal responded by posting that info about the calls, meeeting with Jordan etc as a rebutal...

it's such a weird soap opera.
again, I know it sounds outlandish, but that guy definatley knows the Palmers and was posting inside info on the situation.. can't believe he was able to do so for so long on the team msg brd...

this personal opinion, but I bet Dalton and the team's offensive explosion last week has MB more confident they can move on without CP

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aha! I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the insider said Mike wouldn't welcome him back.

I'm hoping Dalton and the offense struggles next week. That way if Palmer does come back, there's no question who should be starting. Gruden's comments about Palmer having to earn the spot are likely just coach speak, but Dalton struggling would relieve any doubt.

If Palmer is back, he should be the starter without question. No reason to allow Dalton to blow the first 2 games of the season, and then throw Palmer in there and win enough to blow any chances of a good draft pick while already having blown any chances of a competitive season.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop. Stop it. Fucking stop.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just months ago, that was your typical response in an Ochocinco thread.

How emabarrassing for you.

Embarrassing that the Bengals actually made a trade?

I said Palmer wouldn't play either while the lot of ya's said I was crazy. How embarrassing for you people.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Embarrassing that the Bengals actually made a trade?

I said Palmer wouldn't play either while the lot of ya's said I was crazy. How embarrassing for you people.

Embarrassed you - like a petulent adolescent child - ran around posting the same drivel regarding Chad and being a Bengal because he was under contract. How did that work out for ya?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just months ago, that was your typical response in an Ochocinco thread.

How emabarrassing for you.

I understand the skepticism. i've just seen enough crazy shit posted there that leads me to believe a couple of people on their board know CP.. i can appreicate someone not beliving that as well

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I understand the skepticism. i've just seen enough crazy shit posted there that leads me to believe a couple of people on their board know CP.. i can appreicate someone not beliving that as well

Kramer is just a nuisance. Speaks only in absolutes and is almost always wrong, yet never learns.

As for Palmer, if he had submitted his official retirement papers I would agree there was no chance he'd come back. But given that he has no plan to submit them, it's obvious at some point he's going to play another card to try to be traded or stick it to Brown. Given that fact, it is absolutely within the realm of possibility the next card (and pretty much the only one he has left to play this season) he'd try to play is come back just days before the regular season starts and start collecting his $11.5 million guaranteed salary.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaks only in absolutes and is almost always wrong, yet never learns

Only a Sith lord speaks in absolutes......Kramer, are you a master of the dark side?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaks only in absolutes and is almost always wrong, yet never learns

Only a Sith lord speaks in absolutes......Kramer, are you a master of the dark side?

Did you choke to death?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did get a piece of chicken temporarily stuck in my throat.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I've been reading futball's board.

One of the "insiders" said a team is offering "multiple high draft picks and a RB", but Mike still refuses to listen. This rumor was backed by another "insider" (and before someone makes a joke about the "insiders", they seem respected on the board and more importantly, futball vouches for them).

FWIW

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't doubt it a bit. It's obvious that Mike Brown is a moron. He won't accept any trade IMO, even a ridiculous trade like multiple high picks. He has no desire to build a winning team, his only desire is to be "right".