• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer coming back??

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I've been reading futball's board.

One of the "insiders" said a team is offering "multiple high draft picks and a RB", but Mike still refuses to listen. This rumor was backed by another "insider" (and before someone makes a joke about the "insiders", they seem respected on the board and more importantly, futball vouches for them).

FWIW

I started reading their board because they blocked espn's at work.. Bengals247 and jsr18 are the two I mention. I'm not sure they have inside connections to the org, but just Palmer(s) in particular...

247 is a bit more glib with details..

as far as Palmer's value he said there was a "rumour" Carrol and the Seahwaks offered a 1st, 3rd and a player but were told the Raiders had a better offer on the table.. that was a long time ago though..
with all the missed camp I can't imagine anything like that still being on the table

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
another thing to add is I think they give purely the Palmer perspective.. it's not balanced.. if you heard info from people who knew MB only I'm sure there would be an inherent bias from that direction too..

it still interesting info

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I don't really care for anything other than trade rumors or info regarding Palmer's return.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not so sure about the jsr18 guy. He seems to either 1) repeat the same thing over and over again that his sources say Palmer is coming back, or 2) agree with whatever BengalsFan247 says. Either way, worthless to me. Too vague.

That said,

I'm convinced BengalFan247 is legit. Last week he had mentioned Brown called Carson's reps 3 times in the week prior to Game 3 of the preseason, and that he met with Jordan right before Game 3, all in the hopes of getting Palmer back.

Last night, this article came out:

Sources: Bengals reached out to Carson Palmer's reps last week | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

The Bengals met with quarterback Carson Palmer immediately before training camp began, and reached out to his representatives again last week, sources confirmed to The Enquirer.

The Bengals made another call to Palmer’s representatives last week, according to league sources, before they released Palmer’s younger brother, Jordan.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well if this is true Palmer already went back on his"reported" word of saying that he will never step foot inside PBS again. I may be in the minority, but I want Carson back. Preferably, he starts for us, but I would be satisfied if he just showed up, rode the bench, and took a bunch of money from that cheap SOB Mike Brown on principle.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't make the playoffs with Carson last year, we won't make the playoffs with Carson this year.

no playoffs == it doesn't matter.

The only plus I can factor in, is if he comes back, Brown will finally trade him, or he can take gradkowski's place as Dalton's mentor. Either way, he's gone next season.

as for how I feel about it personally --> :deadhorse:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well if this is true Palmer already went back on his"reported" word of saying that he will never step foot inside PBS again. I may be in the minority, but I want Carson back. Preferably, he starts for us, but I would be satisfied if he just showed up, rode the bench, and took a bunch of money from that cheap SOB Mike Brown on principle.

Anything and everything that has been said by either side has been in an attempt to show the other side how serious they are in the hopes the other side folds. I wouldn't get stuck on that. That plus like you said, it was hearsay at best.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We didn't make the playoffs with Carson last year, we won't make the playoffs with Carson this year.

The only plus I can factor in, is if he comes back, Brown will finally trade him, or he can take gradkowski's place as Dalton's mentor. Either way, he's gone next season.

There's little to no correlation between last season and this season. This holds true in most cases, and especially this one.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anything and everything that has been said by either side has been in an attempt to show the other side how serious they are in the hopes the other side folds. I wouldn't get stuck on that. That plus like you said, it was hearsay at best.

Oh absolutely. I don't believe for a minute that Carson will retire and leave that much money on the table, no matter how much he has. I also don't believe Mike Brown will pay one of the highest paid guys in the league to sit the bench and mentor. Carson may not play this year, but his career isn't over. It's just more or less over with the Bengals, give or take a year.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We're not making the playoffs for awhile and it has more so to do with the boss and not the employees. I've watched the Bengals put together a lot of shitty seasons, pretty much 4 out of every five years of my life. I just don't want to watch a historically bad team. I'm a very mild dude, except when the Bengals are embarrassing. Then I turn green, rip my shirt, and spit when I talk.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not making the playoffs for awhile and it has more so to do with the boss and not the employees. I've watched the Bengals put together a lot of shitty seasons, pretty much 4 out of every five years of my life. I just don't want to watch a historically bad team. I'm a very mild dude, except when the Bengals are embarrassing. Then I turn green, rip my shirt, and spit when I talk.

So, you turn into Hulk Hogan? Hmmmmm:csb:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not so sure about the jsr18 guy. He seems to either 1) repeat the same thing over and over again that his sources say Palmer is coming back, or 2) agree with whatever BengalsFan247 says. Either way, worthless to me. Too vague.

That said,

I'm convinced BengalFan247 is legit. Last week he had mentioned Brown called Carson's reps 3 times in the week prior to Game 3 of the preseason, and that he met with Jordan right before Game 3, all in the hopes of getting Palmer back.

Last night, this article came out:

Sources: Bengals reached out to Carson Palmer's reps last week | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Both are legit imo, but 247 is much more candid...

247 says the 49ers offered the world for Palmer. I'm thinking at least a 1st rd pick plus tons of other picks and/or players.

He also said Palmer's offered to buy out his contract. restructre his deal.. MB simply wont budge... this is personal

Last edited by a moderator:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
247 is a bit more glib with details..

as far as Palmer's value he said there was a "rumour" Carrol and the Seahwaks offered a 1st, 3rd and a player but were told the Raiders had a better offer on the table.. that was a long time ago though..
with all the missed camp I can't imagine anything like that still being on the table

This guy was spot on

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This guy was spot on

Again, he called the Bengals opening talks with the Raiders before anyone else...yeseterday at 5 PM. Sirius is the only other one that had it. And, none of the major news organizations picked it up until today.

But all that's nice and dandy since we have no use for him anymore.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again, he called the Bengals opening talks with the Raiders before anyone else...yeseterday at 5 PM. Sirius is the only other one that had it. And, none of the major news organizations picked it up until today.

But all that's nice and dandy since we have no use for him anymore.

He also said the Niners offered a 1st a 3rd and Gore a week before the season.. I'm not sure which deal I like more.. It all depends on whether the Raiders win a playoff game to make it a 1st instead of 2nd in 2013...

How funny would it be if the Bengals and Raiders faced each other in the playoffs. even if the Bengals lose they get an extra 1st

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Andy Freeland brought that up on FootballPros. He said if the Bengals and Raiders played in the playoffs, the Bengals would be rewarded for losing.