• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer coming back??

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled the Michael Strahan maneuver either.

Honestly, and I know I'm in the minority, I want Palmer back. Dalton needs a mentor and I don't want to watch the Bengals lose 16 games. One year, agree to trade, win-win for everybody including the fans, organization, and Palmer.

If you don't want the Bengals to lose all 16 games then you're part of the problem. I want all the home games blacked out and an 0-16 season. I want boos. I want bags on peoples heads. Anything less than that will be a failed season.

Carson Palmer can go fuck his mother too. They do that shit out in NoCal anyways.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which ones you want? ;)

Judging by everything that has gone, on and then the tweet/post whatever it was about his brother being screwed over by MB....I just can't see it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want the Bengals to lose all 16 games then you're part of the problem. I want all the home games blacked out and an 0-16 season. I want boos. I want bags on peoples heads. Anything less than that will be a failed season.

Carson Palmer can go fuck his mother too. They do that shit out in NoCal anyways.

Damn? You been out to Cali to check that stuff out Kramer? euch.

Agreed though, until there is massive failure of biblical proportions, Mike Brown will never do a thing. And this won't take a 1 year catastrophic failure. It's going to take 2 or 3 years of 0-16 and 1-15 seasons to do anything. The sad thing is...that won't happen with parity in today's NFL. The Bengals always screw it up by winning 2 or 3 of thier games in December and then everyone talks about how they finished the season strong and are looking forward to next year. Then they draft some highly rated Mel Kiper product and everyone is in an uproar because THIS guy is going to be THE guy...like Ki-Jana...Like Akili...Like Perry...Like...

and on...and on...and on...it goes. Anyone else feel lik Bill Murray in Groundhog day?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, it's starting to become clearer to me.

He comes back, essentially ending his threat to retire.... and there is this confusion, do we let him anywhere near our "face of the future Red/Green show"? I think not. If he comes back, he forces the bengals hand to trade or release him. Carson might be smarter than we think... ouch.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Which ones you want? ;)

Judging by everything that has gone, on and then the tweet/post whatever it was about his brother being screwed over by MB....I just can't see it.

These guys love playing the game. I'd imagine it's pretty difficult to watch the Bengals playing right now. Combine that with Willie's cryptic tweets and futball's inside source, and it really is not that far out of the realm of possibility.

As for his brother, as I said before, if Carson comes back now, he'd be directly responsible for his brother getting the boot. I would not put it passed Carson to wait until the Bengals inevitably cut JP before announcing he's coming back.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be on to something Flaming.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys love playing the game. I'd imagine it's pretty difficult to watch the Bengals playing right now. Combine that with Willie's cryptic tweets and futball's inside source, and it really is not that far out of the realm of possibility.

I don't think it was hard to watch them get blasted on by the lions first, 2nd, and 3rd teamers. He probably saw Suh rip Dalton's head off and think back to his broken nose last year and thought: "Damn..I'm glad that is not me out there".

As for his brother, as I said before, if Carson comes back now, he'd be directly responsible for his brother getting the boot. I would not put it passed Carson to wait until the Bengals inevitably cut JP before announcing he's coming back.

Carson coming back now or later wouldn't affect that. Even if he came back now do you think he would be "ready" to play at all? He would show up and dress in shorts each practice and sit on the sideline with an "unknown" ailment to keep him out of practice, thus the need for JP to still be around..until the end anyway.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure he wasn't enjoying watching the abysmal o-line, but I'm sure he'd still love to be out there. I agree with Doug that I don't think the o-line (or lack thereof) had anything to do with his desire to get out of Cincinnati.

If he came back now - even for the last preseason game - I guarantee he'd be the Week 1 starter. That's besides the point though since even without Carson we have 4 QB's on the roster: Dalton, Gradkowsi, Lefevour, and JP. It's only a matter of time until JP gets canned for the other 3.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd also like to add that if Palmer has or ever has had plans to come back, you can probably guarantee he's gotten his hands on a copy of the playbook.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, it's starting to become clearer to me.

He comes back, essentially ending his threat to retire.... and there is this confusion, do we let him anywhere near our "face of the future Red/Green show"? I think not. If he comes back, he forces the bengals hand to trade or release him. Carson might be smarter than we think... ouch.

No amount of duct tape can fix this mess.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny

That sounds like a good stunt for fans this year.

anything that involves duct tape.

:pb:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
futball,

1) Do people on the other board not recognize this person as a possible inside source? I read the thread and nobody paid any attention to his comment.

2) If someone had pressed the guy, would he have put forth more than a cryptic sentence.

3) How the hell can you read that board? I had trouble making it through one thread.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
futball,

1) Do people on the other board not recognize this person as a possible inside source? I read the thread and nobody paid any attention to his comment.

2) If someone had pressed the guy, would he have put forth more than a cryptic sentence.

3) How the hell can you read that board? I had trouble making it through one thread.

1) some of them do I'm sure. He never says "I know Carson", "I talk to Jordan", etc. He actually downplays it when he's called out on it.

2) I think he's intentionally cryptic about some of the insider info

3) I peruse their board every once in awhile. it's a good source for news on the team. i started paying attention to that guy's posts in particular as he kept dropping info about the Palmer situation before it would hit the media. even if he's wrong on this one I'm sure he's legit overall

Last edited by a moderator:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, a couple of people on their board who "know Palmer" (i'm speculating, but it seems that way) were making it sound as though the possibilty was definatley there. one of them specifically alluded to things getting closer a couple of days back

I'm not sure if Dalton and the "offensive explosion" today hurts the chances of it happening

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it will actually help the chances. I believe it could work one of two ways: 1) it could make Palmer more desperate to come back sooner rather than later, so his "spotlight" isn't taken and/or so he doesn't have to actually "earn" his way back assuming Dalton has another good game next week, and 2) we all know Brown is probably creaming himself right now with Dalton's performance, so if Dalton is playing well, the higher the probability - albeit higher than zero isn't really saying much - Brown would be willing to trade Palmer if he were to come back during this "high".

Anyways, keep us posted with anything you hear. With the regular season just over 2 weeks away, I'm getting anxious...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it will actually help the chances. I believe it could work one of two ways: 1) it could make Palmer more desperate to come back sooner rather than later, so his "spotlight" isn't taken and/or so he doesn't have to actually "earn" his way back assuming Dalton has another good game next week, and 2) we all know Brown is probably creaming himself right now with Dalton's performance, so if Dalton is playing well, the higher the probability - albeit higher than zero isn't really saying much - Brown would be willing to trade Palmer if he were to come back during this "high".

Anyways, keep us posted with anything you hear. With the regular season just over 2 weeks away, I'm getting anxious...

Agree with everything posted here, but just a different take..

if MB gets a sudden burst of confidence in Dalton he might be less likely to give the needed concessions to bring Palmer back.. that's not from the "insiders", but more or less my own speculation..

your take might be right though