• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers signed Cedric Benson to a 1-year contract

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
according to Adam Schefter. This was originally announced as a likely move yesterday or the day before but today it became official.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move by the Packers. They probably have the weakest backfield in the NFL.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be a fantasy sleeper 1000+ yards you can book it now just dont start em week one GOOOO Niners lol

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Packers offense just got deadlier! If everyone stays healthy I'm not sure how teams will be able to slow them down this year.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Great pickup for the pack

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Packers offense just got deadlier! If everyone stays healthy I'm not sure how teams will be able to slow them down this year.

The Packers, until I see something else in that system that makes me think otherwise, slow themselves down more than I would like if I were a Packers backer. Cedric Benson, along with that line and their fascination with and coordination of their passing game, does not make me think they will be leaps and bounds scarier than they were last year without a change in mindset and a few changes in personnel. I'm holding out until I see the new changes with their coaching staff before I really get too animated talking about it with anybody, but right now they do not scare me more than htey did last year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Packers, until I see something else in that system that makes me think otherwise, slow themselves down more than I would like if I were a Packers backer. Cedric Benson, along with that line and their fascination with and coordination of their passing game, does not make me think they will be leaps and bounds scarier than they were last year without a change in mindset and a few changes in personnel. I'm holding out until I see the new changes with their coaching staff before I really get too animated talking about it with anybody, but right now they do not scare me more than htey did last year.

You have more knowledge of their coaching changes and issues pertaining to their front office than most of us. I didn't know they had a few changes here and there with their coaching staff at all (since McCarthy does their play calling I was under the impression everything would be intact from a year ago). What are the current risk factors that you're refering to Pozz?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You have more knowledge of their coaching changes and issues pertaining to their front office than most of us. I didn't know they had a few changes here and there with their coaching staff at all (since McCarthy does their play calling I was under the impression everything would be intact from a year ago). What are the current risk factors that you're refering to Pozz?

Looks like you forgot about the Dolphins hiring Joe Philbin as HC who used to be the OC for the Packers. Also, the Raiders hired Reggie McKenzie as GM who used to be the Director of Player Personnel for the Packers

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Jerry Fontenot shifted from RBs coach to TEs coach. He was previously asst OL coach as well. Ben McAdoo shifted from TEs coach (last 6 years) to QBs coach. They also named Alex Van Pelt as their RBs coach. He was with TB the last 2 years as their QBs coach and spent 4 years in Buffalo and held a few different titles there. Reggie McKenzie took the GM job in Oakland.

Player development, organization and relating and handling players were key things that Philbin brought to the table and took control of in his time there and has been something that other people have felt are not any of McCarthy's strongest attributes as a coach. I'm not saying McCarthy's play-calling, which has been another issue with many in the past, can't get better with the new pieces, but until I see something different and a more concentrated effort in developing a ground game, line play, more diverse run schemes, I'll hold firm with my opinions on that offense, in player development, etc..

Last edited by a moderator: