• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers @ Bengals game thread

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, weird shit like that happens all the time (meaning teams from the same city winning it all in the same year). All I'm saying is if the Reds win the World Series, I'm buying tickets to the Superbowl the next day.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, weird shit like that happens all the time (meaning teams from the same city winning it all in the same year). All I'm saying is if the Reds win the World Series, I'm buying tickets to the Superbowl the next day.

I don't trust the Reds against any of the contenders.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
celebrated with Remi Martin VSOP with a splash of Lime....Try it out....I call it a "Sexy Dia" after this fine honey that I met that introduced me to it....Good stuff.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust the Reds against any of the contenders.

8-11 vs St Louis
8-8 vs Pittsburgh
4-3 vs Los Angeles
3-4 vs Atlanta

They won 3 of the last 4 vs the Cards, the last 3 vs the Dodgers, who came in to that series the hottest team in baseball, and just won an important series on the road vs the Pirates. They split 4 in Atlanta in July while the Braves were on a hot streak. I actually believe they match up pretty well vs all the contenders. For some reason the Cards have had their number, but maybe the last series reversed the trend. Actually all five contending teams are closely matched, so anything can happen.

UDFlyers90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kettle One Vodka for me yesterday. Great tailgate. Awesome win!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all here enjoyed yesterday's victory as much as I did. Years of being Bengals fans tends to make us cynical, and it's just too easy to let the cynic in us overtake the homer. Yesterday was a day for the homers. Even a generally pessimistic one like me.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all here enjoyed yesterday's victory as much as I did. Years of being Bengals fans tends to make us cynical, and it's just too easy to let the cynic in us overtake the homer. Yesterday was a day for the homers. Even a generally pessimistic one like me.

Well, be a little bit more of a homer and quit blaming Dalton for all the offensive problems. The WR's need to learn how to get open downfield. They have sucked this year with getting any seperation beyond 10 yards.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, be a little bit more of a homer and quit blaming Dalton for all the offensive problems. The WR's need to learn how to get open downfield. They have sucked this year with getting any seperation beyond 10 yards.

I don't blame Dalton for all the problems, but he is the quarterback, and as the quarterback he must bear the brunt of the problems. I also think part of the problem has been Green, who is way too talented to be underachieving the way he has this year. Green-Ellis gets way too many snaps.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Dalton for all the problems, but he is the quarterback, and as the quarterback he must bear the brunt of the problems. I also think part of the problem has been Green, who is way too talented to be underachieving the way he has this year. Green-Ellis gets way too many snaps.

Gio should get 15+ carries a game, 5+ touches per game in the passing game. BJGE should only get the ball when Gio needs a breather, maybe here and there on 3rd and short or at GL situations.

Eifert is the same way, offense is so much less exciting without Gio and Eifert on the field.

He is the QB, but a QB can't and shouldn't throw a football to a guy blanketed like white on rice. I am not just speaking about Green either. Nobody seems to be able to get seperation from defenders more than 10-15 yards downfield. Dalton will not throw a pass to a guy that heavily covered when their has to be someone else not as well covered, and that usually means check downs to the RB or the TE's. And that disappoints some people for some reason.

COME ON ANDY CHUCK THAT BALL TO A DOUBLE COVERED GUY!! HE IS THE ONLY ONE FURTHER DOWNFIELD, BUT DAMN IT, WE NEED TO THROW THE BALL DEEP MORE OFTEN, SO CHCUKC IT TO HIM ANYWAYS! OH DAMN IT, YOU THREW AND INT, YOU FUCKING BOZO, HOW COULD YOU NOT COMPLETE A PASS TO A GUY WHO HAD HIS DICK IN ONE GUY, AND HAD ANOTHER GUY WITH THEIR DICK IN HIS ASS? HUH HUH? cOME ON ANDY, YOU BLOW!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-11 vs St Louis
8-8 vs Pittsburgh
4-3 vs Los Angeles
3-4 vs Atlanta

They won 3 of the last 4 vs the Cards, the last 3 vs the Dodgers, who came in to that series the hottest team in baseball, and just won an important series on the road vs the Pirates. They split 4 in Atlanta in July while the Braves were on a hot streak. I actually believe they match up pretty well vs all the contenders. For some reason the Cards have had their number, but maybe the last series reversed the trend. Actually all five contending teams are closely matched, so anything can happen.

My 'trust' has nothing to do with data. It has everything to do with being a Cincinnati fan.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 'trust' has nothing to do with data. It has everything to do with being a Cincinnati fan.

I feel you. It's hard to overcome the Cincinnati fan cynicism. Friday's miracle comeback though, combined with an equally miraculous comeback by our Bengals yesterday, has resparked the homer in me. God help me but I've become hopeful that the Reds just might make a run this year, and maybe the Bengals can too.

Did I say that?:omg:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you. It's hard to overcome the Cincinnati fan cynicism. Friday's miracle comeback though, combined with an equally miraculous comeback by our Bengals yesterday, has resparked the homer in me. God help me but I've become hopeful that the Reds just might make a run this year, and maybe the Bengals can too.

Did I say that?:omg:

The Reds and Pirates are 2 games behind the Cardinals, with the Nats 5 games behind in the wildcard, and 6 to play, they have win all of their remaining games, and they are hot lately. The Washington Nationals play the St. Louis Cardinals now with the playoffs on the line, against a team that knocked them from the playoffs last year.

The Reds play the Mets who are okay but sort of packing it in a bit, and the Pirates play the Cubs, who have packed it in. Reds have to keep pace with the Pirates before our final 3 game series against the Pirates.

It is possible going into that 3 game series with the Pirates, the Reds and Pirates could be tied for 1st place with the Cardinals a game back.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect the Reds to overtake the Cards this week. I just want the home game against the Pirates, then on to deal with the Braves. I know we can beat the Pirates, and I think we match up ok with the Braves, too. Then ultimately I want a showdown with the dirty birds for the NL Championship. That would be so intense! I know it's just the homer in me. I can't help myself.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect the Reds to overtake the Cards this week. I just want the home game against the Pirates, then on to deal with the Braves. I know we can beat the Pirates, and I think we match up ok with the Braves, too. Then ultimately I want a showdown with the dirty birds for the NL Championship. That would be so intense! I know it's just the homer in me. I can't help myself.

I will be honest, I want nothing to do with the Cardinals.

I am praying for a week that sees the Reds sweep the Mets and take two out of 3 from the Pirates, the Cardinals get swept by the Nationals, fighting for their lives, and then the Cardinals and Pirates play in the one game playoff, and the Pirates beat the Cardinals.

Pirates play the Braves and win, and the Reds play the Dodgers and win, then have a NL Championship series of the Pirates versus the Reds who now has home field advantage in that game.