• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Cincinnati Bengals Superbowl Thread

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to being the Charlie Brown of the NFL

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to being the Charlie Brown of the NFL
Except snoopy is the qb, which is fun, and Woodstock and his friends are blocking for him. So snoopy gets sacked by the red Barron.

If we don’t make the playoffs next year, it will be because we didn’t protect joe. There are free agents and draft picks who can help

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just the beginning Bengals fans. Barring injury the future looks good.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's all good, Great year for a change. Better fix the OL. Spend some $

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a ride boys. Hell of a ride.

I am hopeful that this is just the start, but in reality I do worry. This is a franchise that for 30 years has refused to pay OL, especially interior OL. This team MUST sign 2 top tier OL (LG and C, IMO). If Carmen is the answer at RG, then he needs to be given every single opportunity to get that job, but they need another lower tier/backup option available. OT will likely be taken care of in the draft, as some other backup options.

They've killed the market on defense the past 2 years, and they will need to replace or re-sign Hill or Ogunjobi (won't do both, and that is fine) and replace a DB (Apple is a F/A and he should not be retained). So, they will need to get some help still on defense, but with a SHIT ton of capital, a guy like Burrow and Chase and Higgins, and the cap expected to really take off over the next few years lessening the worries about a potential contract for both Burrow and Chase - this team has got to show they are serious about winning. They've got to spend on the interior OL - and it has to be top tier guys - and they will have to pay them.

If they don't - I don't know that I can blame Palmer for his recent comments. This is a franchise that for 30 years has refused to invest in F/A at the interior OL, and that includes retaining some of the best that they were good enough to draft. Will this change? I'm hopeful, but skeptical.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This core group has redefined the Bengals franchise. That’s not going to change from here. They’ve got Burrow leading a talented group that can play with anybody, the assets to only get better and a front office that is low-key savvy with contracts and cap management to keep things going for a long time. These Bengals were ahead of schedule and will get every team’s best shot from now on, but with a top-five passer leading the program, it’s hard not to turn an optimistic eye to the future while appreciating that the 2021 season is the one that was a turning point 30 years in the making.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were dead after Boyd’s drop

That drop was critical and late in the fourth, I believe. Would have been the game changer if they scored. I gotta see the game replay as soon as it's on.

I knew the Rams would not blow out Burrow and the Bengals and took the four points. Bengals will be a top team for years.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to be MIA.... I made it to the game - Experienced all the highs and all the lows. And I remembered why I haven't actually attended a game in-person in 8 years. Some things are really cool to see live (how fast Chase is... how fast Burrow makes a decision and throws), but other things suck live (hard to keep track of trends and see which penalties are killers. I went away last night convinced that Tyler Boyd's drop was the worst play of the game, but watching it on replay I'm not sure he makes the first down, so maybe it doesn't matter.

The Bengals biggest issues this year were turnovers (which they somehow solved in the postseason), a shitty short yardage offense, and a shaky redzone offense. Those last two issues were the ones that killed us last night. If this team can make 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 it's a different game. Obviously, this all points to the one issue we all knew was a problem coming into the season (o-line).

To me, it's amazing how good the D was in the postseason - Until that last drive, they held Cupp to 50 yards receiving.... And they were on the field the entire 2nd half.

Here's to a good offseason. Hell of a ride boys.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone acts like Mixon was some sure thing to get a first down on third or fourth down hasn’t watched how poor they are at short yardage all year.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to be MIA.... I made it to the game - Experienced all the highs and all the lows. And I remembered why I haven't actually attended a game in-person in 8 years. Some things are really cool to see live (how fast Chase is... how fast Burrow makes a decision and throws), but other things suck live (hard to keep track of trends and see which penalties are killers. I went away last night convinced that Tyler Boyd's drop was the worst play of the game, but watching it on replay I'm not sure he makes the first down, so maybe it doesn't matter.

The Bengals biggest issues this year were turnovers (which they somehow solved in the postseason), a shitty short yardage offense, and a shaky redzone offense. Those last two issues were the ones that killed us last night. If this team can make 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 it's a different game. Obviously, this all points to the one issue we all knew was a problem coming into the season (o-line).

To me, it's amazing how good the D was in the postseason - Until that last drive, they held Cupp to 50 yards receiving.... And they were on the field the entire 2nd half.

Here's to a good offseason. Hell of a ride boys.
How’s that stadium?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How’s that stadium?
I thought it was amazing. The sound system is very loud and I heard it can be fairly annoying during a regular home game, but I didn't feel it was too overbearing during the SB. I was in the upper deck on the Bengals sideline. The sight lines are incredible for being that high up and the gigantic scoreboard is basically eye-level up there so only plays like field goals, I just watched the TV.

The surrounding area sucks and there was nothing to do outside the stadium if you weren't paying up for a pregame party (which I was not willing to do after dropping money on tickets). It took about 30 minutes to get there in an Uber from a hotel that was 3 miles from the game. I probably would have walked if it were a typical LA day, but it was mid 80s. The stadium never felt hot.

Bengals fans were amazing. So many of them in town for the game. Playing against a "home" team is fairly interesting because 90% of every hotel was filled with Bengal fans.... And the bars and restaurants felt like they were all taken over by Bengals fans. Fans of LA teams have had it good (Lakers, Dodgers, USC, etc)..... Maybe its the laid back nature of the fanbase or the entitlement of being a fan of teams that win championships, but they seemed fairly disinterested in their accomplishment. Happy to have won, but no tears flowing or anything like that. If the Bengals would have won, there might have been a ritualistic suicide on the 50.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone acts like Mixon was some sure thing to get a first down on third or fourth down hasn’t watched how poor they are at short yardage all year.
I agree. I have a sneaking suspicion that next year we will lean on Chris Evans in all third down situations - Whether we run it to him or pass it to him out of the backfield.

The other thing that is confusing to me is that out of all the short yardage situations, why didn't we run the jet sweep to Chase? This was the Rams go-to play when they absolutely needed a 4th and 1 and knew they were struggling to run against our front. We know it's in Taylor's playbook and it neutralizes the Rams obvious advantages..... Plus, Chase is built like a running back - I have faith in him to move the sticks.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have a sneaking suspicion that next year we will lean on Chris Evans in all third down situations - Whether we run it to him or pass it to him out of the backfield.

The other thing that is confusing to me is that out of all the short yardage situations, why didn't we run the jet sweep to Chase? This was the Rams go-to play when they absolutely needed a 4th and 1 and knew they were struggling to run against our front. We know it's in Taylor's playbook and it neutralizes the Rams obvious advantages..... Plus, Chase is built like a running back - I have faith in him to move the sticks.
Just have Burrow run a sneak

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was amazing. The sound system is very loud and I heard it can be fairly annoying during a regular home game, but I didn't feel it was too overbearing during the SB. I was in the upper deck on the Bengals sideline. The sight lines are incredible for being that high up and the gigantic scoreboard is basically eye-level up there so only plays like field goals, I just watched the TV.

The surrounding area sucks and there was nothing to do outside the stadium if you weren't paying up for a pregame party (which I was not willing to do after dropping money on tickets). It took about 30 minutes to get there in an Uber from a hotel that was 3 miles from the game. I probably would have walked if it were a typical LA day, but it was mid 80s. The stadium never felt hot.

Bengals fans were amazing. So many of them in town for the game. Playing against a "home" team is fairly interesting because 90% of every hotel was filled with Bengal fans.... And the bars and restaurants felt like they were all taken over by Bengals fans. Fans of LA teams have had it good (Lakers, Dodgers, USC, etc)..... Maybe its the laid back nature of the fanbase or the entitlement of being a fan of teams that win championships, but they seemed fairly disinterested in their accomplishment. Happy to have won, but no tears flowing or anything like that. If the Bengals would have won, there might have been a ritualistic suicide on the 50.
I should have went. By Thursday ticket prices were low enough for me to justify spending the money but I didn’t have the time to put the logistics of a trip together

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

They were in a 2 minute offense. You can't waste a timeout or burn clock on switching personnel there. I have zero issue with either play call at the end of the game. It came down to a weak OL against 2 HOF caliber pass rushers and a phantom pass interference call at the end of the game

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have went. By Thursday ticket prices were low enough for me to justify spending the money but I didn’t have the time to put the logistics of a trip together
I got some luck. I bought flights the night of the AFC Championship and they were pretty cheap. Picked up a hotel with points and then waited on tickets. As you said, the tickets were at their cheapest about 3 days before and I would have paid that rate. I ended up scoring some face-value tickets from a season-ticket holder friend of the family that couldn't travel and was willing to part with them.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and 1.....OL a weakness. You have to make a better decision there. you have to pick that up. if I was to nit pick

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't - but when the game is on the line, you are going to your best guys, not backups.

You can get away with that stuff in week 1 and week 5 and even week 15. Not in the Super Bowl.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that 3rd down and 1 or 2 I would have had Chase in motion and handed off to him on the fly and see if he couldn't make a guy miss for a single yard. Chase at full speed and one yard to go, I like his chances. Perine at the heart of the defense on 3rd, and then a pass play on 4th and short make it fn tough and I like that a lot less. Have to be perfect and hope no one drops it like Boyd did on the pass play.