• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pace's offseason to-do list

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should be on Ryan Pace's offseason to-do list?

Aside from a direct suggestion to sign Whitehair to an extension, this is kind of a generalized wish list, but it goes to show that in today's NFL, one cannot rest on one's laurels. Things are way too fluid, so 12-4 be damned. Complacency is not an option.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to bring back Callahan. Hopefully we can get Amos back. I don’t see any big time free agents signing here this offseason though. We might get someone like Suh on a 1 year deal like the article states, but I don’t even know where you would add a big time FA that wouldn’t be somewhat redundant. I see us drafting and signing depth. We already have a solid secondary with startable players coming off the bench in McManus and Tolliver. Our DLine/OLBs are the strength of the defense, but could use some depth signings. We probably have the best current ILB tandem in the game. We have plenty of above average pass catching weapons, a solid OLine that might shed Massie for the project coward. We were one of the rare teams in the nfl where we had a strength at every position on the field on d and o. Pace’s goal should be trying to bring back the whole gang.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-sign Amos #1
Re-sign Callahan #2
Re-sign Lynch, if you can (but I think Vic and the kid have a thing for each other - he may follow to Denver)

I don't see us bringing back Massie, but if we can get him for a good price - he is an above average NFL tackle. IMO

Don't break the bank on any FA's besides that. Just keep everything intact. Make a couple of cost-effective signings and draft BPA.

Hunt's a wild card - if Nagy truly thinks he's going to play a part in taking the offense to the next level.... fuck it. He'll come cheap given his situation.

I like this team and I think we can win with them. Give them another shot.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-sign Amos #1
Re-sign Callahan #2
Re-sign Lynch, if you can (but I think Vic and the kid have a thing for each other - he may follow to Denver)

I don't see us bringing back Massie, but if we can get him for a good price - he is an above average NFL tackle. IMO

Don't break the bank on any FA's besides that. Just keep everything intact. Make a couple of cost-effective signings and draft BPA.

Hunt's a wild card - if Nagy truly thinks he's going to play a part in taking the offense to the next level.... fuck it. He'll come cheap given his situation.

I'd reverse that and make Callahan #1, Amos, #2, but I can see why you have it your way. I agree that Massie is probably going to be the toughest to re-sign. And yes to Hunt, fuck the PC crowd.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd reverse that and make Callahan #1, Amos, #2, but I can see why you have it your way. I agree that Massie is probably going to be the toughest to re-sign. And yes to Hunt, fuck the PC crowd.

I'm with rich on this one. Safety is a more important position.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 1 is f*cking Christmas. All the rest is chedda.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-sign Amos #1
Re-sign Callahan #2

You're going to have to pick between the two... Money wise, I'm guessing re signing will have to pick from only one of Callahan and Amos. Lynch is gone. Agreed on Massie, he gone. Even with cutting a bunch of players (Sims, etc...), you still won't have enough to sign both Callahan and Amos.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think the pricetag for Callahan will be that high, due to the position. Could be wrong but I think they can both be retained.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm so confused when people say this.

Adrian Amos was literally considered the best safety in all of the NFL in 2017 by many different outlets. 1st team all-pro on PFF and Football Outsiders. Dude is a monster...

Callahan is a good player. However, we all saw that even Sherrick McMannis looked good in that role. McMannis has had multiple opportunities to be a DB in the NFL and has been quite subpar. He's a career special teamer. When you have a front seven and DB's like we do around you as a nickel. Your job becomes quite simple and you can really play without inhibitions. It's easy to be a good blitzing nickel when the opposition has a world of other problems to handle while trying to attack the passer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to have to pick between the two... Money wise, I'm guessing re signing will have to pick from only one of Callahan and Amos. Lynch is gone. Agreed on Massie, he gone. Even with cutting a bunch of players (Sims, etc...), you still won't have enough to sign both Callahan and Amos.

Lynch will be cheap, though. That's why I think he could stay.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so confused when people say this.

Adrian Amos was literally considered the best safety in all of the NFL in 2017 by many different outlets. 1st team all-pro on PFF and Football Outsiders. Dude is a monster...

Callahan is a good player. However, we all saw that even Sherrick McMannis looked good in that role. McMannis has had multiple opportunities to be a DB in the NFL and has been quite subpar. He's a career special teamer. When you have a front seven and DB's like we do around you as a nickel. Your job becomes quite simple and you can really play without inhibitions. It's easy to be a good blitzing nickel when the opposition has a world of other problems to handle while trying to attack the passer.

No need to be confused. McMannis impressed everyone with his surprisingly solid play last year, but based on previous seasons performances from scrimmage, there's no guarantee that he has reached the next level and can replace Callahan without missing a beat. Plus he'll be 32 years old before this coming season ends. Callahan will be turning 28. There, end of confusion.