• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers to Portland

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this game lived up to the hype out here in Portland. The Blazers are gritty and are certainly for real.

Hell of a game by George. Unstoppable.

Just wasnt enough to get a win in Rip City.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this game lived up to the hype out here in Portland. The Blazers are gritty and are certainly for real.

Hell of a game by George. Unstoppable.

Just wasnt enough to get a win in Rip City.
Suns 2-1 on your wack ass Trail Blazers!!!!!!!

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope the league reviews those two nut shots to Hibbard. No contribution from Stephenson.

Botslayer, would you say what you saw in that game?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only watched most of the second half (gfs ruin sports time :D), and Lance was bad bad lance. I think he had no shots in the 1st half? fouled out with 1 for 3 shots and 2 points. He had 4 boards and 2 assists though but still.

George is going to win the MVP someday. The man is LBJ light at 23. He can score he defends better, he just needs to be better offensively. That will come with some experience, a LOT of studying and a lot more practice. If his desire can match LBJs fear of failing we might be talking about George vs LBJ in a few years. He is on the team to put him in contention for as long as Bird is in office.

As for the team strengths, I do not think you can take much away from this, it was pretty expected (imo) it would play out like this. Fatigue set in for the Pacers and that causes D to slip and when Portland is running a fast paced knock every thing down offense the Pacers are not going to keep up. Their high pick and roll D in the 4th seemed non existent which was all Portland runs, so I think that is most likely an issue of fatigue not poor coaching adjustments.

About Portland:

Great win for them, I hate their offense. They executed and took advantage of the situation.

They take a million long 2s early in the shot clock. Against the Pacers this is almost the only shot you have but they did it against the Lakers too. That offense is going to get eaten alive by good D in the playoffs...so by the Spurs and OKC. We will see where LAC, GSW and HOU are come play off time with their D.

I still think they are overrated and their coach did call time outs last night when Indy was making runs so that was a good sign. I think they will come in at a 5 seed, they are set up to do well in the regular season and so many other western teams are having troubles for various reasons the door is wide open for them.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the daily dime summed things up pretty well. There is a reason the Pacers immediately left the court after the game without any acknowledgement of any of the Portland players.

Still, a loss can sometimes be beneficial. I think the Pacers are pretty angry. I would hate to be Utah. Too bad we are not playing SA or OKC next.

Seriously, you did not see all the holding and hip checking? Or those two nut shots that actually resulted in Portland points? Not an excuse so much as an observation. We have been butt fucked by the refs in several games we have won. The real difference is that Lance must have been starting his period.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Portland seems to be for real. And they're not even playing the 7' 1" kid out of Illinois.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the daily dime summed things up pretty well. There is a reason the Pacers immediately left the court after the game without any acknowledgement of any of the Portland players.

Still, a loss can sometimes be beneficial. I think the Pacers are pretty angry. I would hate to be Utah. Too bad we are not playing SA or OKC next.

Seriously, you did not see all the holding and hip checking? Or those two nut shots that actually resulted in Portland points? Not an excuse so much as an observation. We have been butt fucked by the refs in several games we have won. The real difference is that Lance must have been starting his period.

I have to stream and I have given up on the refs being consistent or even good. I am making a bet tonight based on 3 refs all being horrible for the home team ATS, things like that I think are crooked.

Also LOL @Vogel

"They're a great offensive team and they made big shots all game long," Indiana coach Frank Vogel said of Portland. "Hopefully that's what it's going to take to beat this team -- making impossible shot after impossible shot."

Apparently he wasn't watching George hit "impossible" 3 after impossible 3 late in the game or his D not defend the high pick and roll.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, a lot of whining out of Indy over a loss in early December.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to stream and I have given up on the refs being consistent or even good. I am making a bet tonight based on 3 refs all being horrible for the home team ATS, things like that I think are crooked.

Also LOL @Vogel

"They're a great offensive team and they made big shots all game long," Indiana coach Frank Vogel said of Portland. "Hopefully that's what it's going to take to beat this team -- making impossible shot after impossible shot."

Apparently he wasn't watching George hit "impossible" 3 after impossible 3 late in the game or his D not defend the high pick and roll.

Vogel is smarter than you think. He took the high road. I am amazed the Pacers kept their mouths mostly shut. They might have been better off at the beginning of the 4th quarter getting "T'd" up a couple of times.

But, you have to credit Portland for hitting some big shots. And looks like George found another gear when he got pissed. That could bode well for the future. If you could not see how furious the Pacers were when they left the court, you might want to check your prescription.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about those refs though. My kid was a pretty good baller until he was injured. Might have even played division one. He hates complaining about officials and gets on me when I do. But he said it was pretty obvious and pointed out that this loss might be "good for the league." :scratch:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about those refs though. My kid was a pretty good baller until he was injured. Might have even played division one. He hates complaining about officials and gets on me when I do. But he said it was pretty obvious and pointed out that this loss might be "good for the league." :scratch:

Seriously? This is just funny. That is why you lost... the refs. This is why I dont frequent NBA boards.

Bunch of pansy fans whining about referees.

Sack up and deal with it. Indiana just wasnt as good as Portland last night. End of discussion.

Indy also got several favorable calls through the night.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogel is smarter than you think. He took the high road. I am amazed the Pacers kept their mouths mostly shut. They might have been better off at the beginning of the 4th quarter getting "T'd" up a couple of times.

But, you have to credit Portland for hitting some big shots. And looks like George found another gear when he got pissed. That could bode well for the future. If you could not see how furious the Pacers were when they left the court, you might want to check your prescription.

stream cut out with like 20 seconds left.

I didn't not even think of the high road option, not mentioning the refs or other BS.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? This is just funny. That is why you lost... the refs. This is why I dont frequent NBA boards.

Bunch of pansy fans whining about referees.

Sack up and deal with it. Indiana just wasnt as good as Portland last night. End of discussion.

Indy also got several favorable calls through the night.

You must be a basketball guru. But are you watching on a 10" screen? :lol: