• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers to Portland

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 of Indy's 5 game road trip and 5 games in 8 days.

Portland is also on a back to back and were away for the first but get to come home for the 2nd.

After watching the 4th quarter of the Portland game in LA I am having a really hard time not hammering the shit out of Indy -1.5.

Indy's 1 loss came on a back to back but they have won 3 other back to backs, 2 of the 2nd legs were on the road none were both on the road.

Portland has been much more impressive on their back to backs winning all of them and against very good teams in SA, @GSW (no Iggy), SAC for both legs (tougher than it sounds), @BK (LOL but it was part of their 4 game east coast road trip).

I kind of like Portland, I hope POR coach was just being arrogant by not calling a time out to right the flailing ship of his young team as they turned into the chucking bastards of poor basketball IQ last night. If he thought that was good basketball then lord help that team, they won't make the playoffs.

Indy will also be starting this game at 1am ET.

Every one is betting Indy and the Over so far, I am going to let that play out and look to take the opposite in both cases. Probably tease the Under with a few other bets I really like today, small card but lot's to love on it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note I forgot to mention, the home team in this matchup has won the last 6 but I did not put a lot of stock in this becase the last meeting was last January and neither team was then what they are now.

Who do you guys like? Any thing standing out at you?

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no predictions. Seems like the Pacers can do some of the dumbest shit on offence and depend on their defense to bail them out. We shall see.

Yeah, I really meant offence.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this little gem, all signs point to the over and Por ATS.

Both teams play better O with no days rest but POR actually allows fewer points as well where Indy's D slips by OVER 10 POINTS.

The second part is labeled poorly but Indy ATS is 1-2 when on 0 days rest and facing an opponent on 0 days rest where portland when both teams are on 0 days rest is 3-0 ATS.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no predictions. Seems like the Pacers can do some of the dumbest shit on offence and depend on their defense to bail them out. We shall see.

Yeah, I really meant offence.

Feel free to talk about what ever, it is the game thread I am just going through the morning lines and find this game fascinating for some reason so now cluttering this thread with those stats :D

I think the pacers are considerably better but in this situation POR has been lights out.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Blazers win here in my OP, but the NBA aint called the "FixedBA" for nuttin. Portlands Matthews is lights out from treball land and Bantoms 9 points, 9 rebbies and 9 assists in LaLaLand shows solid team play.

Terrific matchup here tho.

GL in whatever direction ya choose.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to talk about what ever, it is the game thread I am just going through the morning lines and find this game fascinating for some reason so now cluttering this thread with those stats :D

I think the pacers are considerably better but in this situation POR has been lights out.

One of the problems I always have in predicting outcomes is our "box of chocolates" Lance Stephenson. When he is "good" Lance it is very difficult to beat the Pacers. When he is "bad" Lance and has to be sat down there are a lot of imponderables. How well will Scola, Watson and even Johnson take up the slack?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you have mentioned (I think you) when this team grows up they are going to be a force. As of lately Lance has been good lance though right?

Looking at their contracts they should be able to do it with out going into the luxury, Bird is a genius.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you have mentioned (I think you) when this team grows up they are going to be a force. As of lately Lance has been good lance though right?

Looking at their contracts they should be able to do it with out going into the luxury, Bird is a genius.

Bird has hit more home runs than swings and a miss.

When Lance is pushing the ball up the floor and not turning it over, they are nearly unbeatable. Teams are noticing it is much better to play his right hand. If that kid takes the time and effort to learn to go left, carnage will ensue.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tix....

Will be a huge test for Portland.

Cant wait!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap! You're a Blazers fan. For whatever reason I haven't seen many of those on the Sportshoopla boards. Nice to see another Blazers fan.

Ya generally I dont pay a lick of attention to the NBA until after the Civil War.

But it has been easy to watch and like this Blazers team early in the season this year.

Used to have season tix... Had em for 5 years then let them go after the Roy fallout.

May pick up a half season again. I am not a band wagon whatsoever, but just not a HUGE enough NBA fan to spend that kind of bacon on a losing team. Still go to their games every year, at leat a handful no matter how terrible. But when they are playing good I like to get out an watch em at the Rose Garden... (will not call it Moda Center...):lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ya generally I dont pay a lick of attention to the NBA until after the Civil War.

But it has been easy to watch and like this Blazers team early in the season this year.

Used to have season tix... Had em for 5 years then let them go after the Roy fallout.

May pick up a half season again. I am not a band wagon whatsoever, but just not a HUGE enough NBA fan to spend that kind of bacon on a losing team. Still go to their games every year, at leat a handful no matter how terrible. But when they are playing good I like to get out an watch em at the Rose Garden... (will not call it Moda Center...):lol:
:yahoo:Right on! Rose Garden is a MUCH better name than Moda Center!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland finally has a functioning big front line with bench reserves, tozz in Lillard, W Mathews, Bantom and Coach Stott.

The jelly is jellin.

Robin Lopez is what this team was missing and with Freeland being able to rebound while he in there it helps this team a ton.
Mo Williams was a huge addition, Robinson has exceeded my expectations.

Letting Matthews, Batum, Aldridge, Lillard to be what they want to be.... Playmakers and scorers.

Have you noticed how well Stotts has coached these guys? I havent seen a Blazer in years play defense in the post like this seaoson... ANd not just Lopez as that was expected but even Freeland.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Lopez is what this team was missing and with Freeland being able to rebound while he in there it helps this team a ton.
Mo Williams was a huge addition, Robinson has exceeded my expectations.

Letting Matthews, Batum, Aldridge, Lillard to be what they want to be.... Playmakers and scorers.

Have you noticed how well Stotts has coached these guys? I havent seen a Blazer in years play defense in the post like this seaoson... ANd not just Lopez as that was expected but even Freeland.

Pretty much says it all Mamba...AND I always thought they never played defense in that league, when they said they did, it was mostly because the other team just missed their open shots.

Good read.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that POR being better with no days rest would mean that the negative effects of their moronic coach is such a hindrance that it is better if they play on no rest with no coaching.

Not surprised.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indy will also be starting this game at 1am ET.

Retard comment of the month....

That must be a first... 1 AM.

My ticket says 7 PM... Had no idea there was a 6 hour time buffer from EAST coast to West coast...

:L

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yup, I got the time wrong, so "retarded" :rollseyes: