• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pace: NE up-tempo offense "borderline illegal. But it's smart. I wish we would do it"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I completely agree Chris - But, running such an offense takes a QB that we simply do not have.

If you thought I was saying San Francisco should run it, I wasn't. That was the quote from Pace in the article. Notice the quotation marks.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thought I was saying San Francisco should run it, I wasn't. That was the quote from Pace in the article. Notice the quotation marks.

Yep, I did think that - missed the q-marks

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HTML:
I completely agree Chris - But, running such an offense takes a QB that we simply do not have.

smith is smart enough to remember a series of plays to pull this off. could give us a big advanatage.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HTML:

smith is smart enough to remember a series of plays to pull this off. could give us a big advanatage.

Smart enough to remember - yes!.....Smart enough to execute - (imo) no!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HTML:

yeah, because the difference at being great at the no huddle and not is simply remembering the plays. :frusty:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we tried to go no huddle though we shouldn't do it when it's fourth and long because he'll get confused and only throw the ball for a three yard completion.

Wait scratch that - he'll still do that anyway.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we tried to go no huddle though we shouldn't do it when it's fourth and long because he'll get confused and only throw the ball for a three yard completion.

Wait scratch that - he'll still do that anyway.

I hated that, I don't think he thought that was going to get him a first down through good blocking; it was like he thought, "well, we're not going to get it so it would be smarter to push them back 7 yards." To me, in that situation, it would be smarter to go for first down and let the defense worry about those 7 yards if you don't get it. :facepalm:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated that, I don't think he thought that was going to get him a first down through good blocking; it was like he thought, "well, we're not going to get it so it would be smarter to push them back 7 yards." To me, in that situation, it would be smarter to go for first down and let the defense worry about those 7 yards if you don't get it. :facepalm:

The decision to go for it was bold; the decision to throw a 3-Yd flat was just inane. I get it that Akers was off on Sunday but if you are playing the percentages then Akers has an astronomically better chance of converting a 52-yd FG than Vernon has of taking a 3yd flat for an additional 13 yards.

Effectively we gave the Giants "missed FG field position" without attempting the damn FG! Just ridiculous! I agree, on that play either you "go for it" and call a deep underneath designed to pick-up 15+ yards, or you locate an iso and throw a pass inside the 10, you punt or you actually attempt the FG. You don't throw a fricken 3yd flat. Grr!

/rant

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think once Tolzien takes over as our QB in a couple of years we will be ready. Kaep has a cannon yes but I think that Tolzien will surpass him and be our QB I really like that guy. He plays well