• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not a fair observation from one game. They take shots down field... And ironically last year a common criticism was trying to go down field too much. Also disagree with the “would just throw the ball up” observation. He made some great throws in that game.

I've noticed this from all the games. The Huskies have really been working the sidelines pretty hard on their passing attempts. The PA comebackers have been quite successful. I'd just like to see them work the route tree a bit more, and my concern is that they're not working the entire field over concerns regarding Browning's arm strength.

When I say "would just throw the ball up," I mean he would take shots on go-routes. His throws there have all been excellent. I don't dispute that. He throws a great deep ball, but that doesn't mean he has velocity on his throws. He did have some great throws against Utah, I'm just talking about his limitations in general.

I don't think he's having a bad season, I don't think he should be replaced. I'm just saying that he's the equivalent of what you call in the NFL a game manager. He's not going to win you games against Alabama, Penn State, etc. but he's not going to lose it for you either.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning isn't getting any help from Hamdan and his shitty play calling and the OL which is a mess atm. With that said, Petersen isn't going to fire Hamdan in mid season and the OL isn't going to gel overnight. Something needs to give.

Not sure if it's Hamdan or what.

I'm trying to give Hamdan time before I start begging for Jonathan Smith back, but he has called some really stupid plays.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet there are not many people on this forum who played or coached above the high school level, and given the age demographics on this website that was a long time ago. I don't believe that's a reason to dismiss someone's opinion.

I played football my entire life up until graduating high school and I don't think that makes my opinions more or less valid than someone who never played a snap at any level. Hell, I learned more about football playing video games than I did actually being out on the field.

It's beside the point, but you can bring up valid concerns/criticisms even if you never played or coached the game.

See I hate the excuse that people use saying you never played professionally. Fans aren't as dumb as they were when there was one camera angle for the fans. And let's just take the 2 COY finalists in the NFL last year, one played football and one didn't. Granted the Eagles won the SB but the Rams are the darlings of the NFL. Just run through the Pac12 coaching tree how many coaches have more football playing experience than most of this board. Most everyone here has more football played than Mike Leach.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's Hamdan or what.

I'm trying to give Hamdan time before I start begging for Jonathan Smith back, but he has called some really stupid plays.
If Hamdan doesn't get his shit together by the end of this season I'd like to see Petersen go after Beau Baldwin or Kellen Moore for the OC position.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see how I don’t put all leftover vcash on Stanford this weekend if the line is still around -2. But there’s a reason I typically stick to vcash for these matters...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet there are not many people on this forum who played or coached above the high school level, and given the age demographics on this website that was a long time ago. I don't believe that's a reason to dismiss someone's opinion.

I played football my entire life up until graduating high school and I don't think that makes my opinions more or less valid than someone who never played a snap at any level. Hell, I learned more about football playing video games than I did actually being out on the field.

It's beside the point, but you can bring up valid concerns/criticisms even if you never played or coached the game.
you really gotta learn when someone is busting someone's balls man.

But if we are keeping it real, those who even played at the high school level know it's really hard to tell why a play went wrong unless you are inside that huddle. You don't know what was called. You don't know what the game plan was or how that play was designed to stack up against specific defenses. You don't know who the intended targets were or how the protections were designed. Those who played have a bit more appreciation for just how complex that is. It's one of the reasons most former players don't like to question play callers or go for the low lying fruit and bang on the QB's without obvious cause.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really gotta learn when someone is busting someone's balls man.

But if we are keeping it real, those who even played at the high school level know it's really hard to tell why a play went wrong unless you are inside that huddle. You don't know what was called. You don't know what the game plan was or how that play was designed to stack up against specific defenses. You don't know who the intended targets were or how the protections were designed. Those who played have a bit more appreciation for just how complex that is. It's one of the reasons most former players don't like to question play callers or go for the low lying fruit and bang on the QB's without obvious cause.
Granted I didn't play football after high school but I know a truck when I see it.

t880_hero_resized.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but we're all a bunch of people on the internet whose highest level of playing or coaching is probably the high school level.
That still trumps someone who's top skill level is playing Madden.

And no, I'm not saying my opinions are better than anyone else's. I was just busting the balls of AG who was posting some hacks diatribe saying basically UW is done and this season is all Oregon or Stanford because Browning sucks. I left it to the reader to decide if I was busting on AG or the author of his article. Either way works. :heh: