• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed this from all the games. The Huskies have really been working the sidelines pretty hard on their passing attempts. The PA comebackers have been quite successful. I'd just like to see them work the route tree a bit more, and my concern is that they're not working the entire field over concerns regarding Browning's arm strength.

When I say "would just throw the ball up," I mean he would take shots on go-routes. His throws there have all been excellent. I don't dispute that. He throws a great deep ball, but that doesn't mean he has velocity on his throws. He did have some great throws against Utah, I'm just talking about his limitations in general.

I don't think he's having a bad season, I don't think he should be replaced. I'm just saying that he's the equivalent of what you call in the NFL a game manager. He's not going to win you games against Alabama, Penn State, etc. but he's not going to lose it for you either.
He's entirely and obviously missing Pettis and Ross more and more.

I'm not saying he doesn't have blame, but he's not the type of QB that can elevate his team/players. UW has a couple of work horse receivers that are emerging, but he does NOT have that big play WR that can go fight for a 50/50 ball or command a double team. I would bet he would look more like what we came to expect if he had such a weapon.

There are a couple of younger kids that have that potential. It's still early and they seem to be easing some of those kids into reps.

What I don't get (well there are several, but yeah) is why they were working on those short quick route plays in spring and were finding success, only to seem to abandon it in the regular season. Browning can read a defense and coverage, get through progressions pretty fast, and takes care enough over the middle not to put it where an LB can camp and jump a route.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see how I don’t put all leftover vcash on Stanford this weekend if the line is still around -2. But there’s a reason I typically stick to vcash for these matters...
I like your moxy here, but no way I can drop anything on a game when I've only seen one of the two teams actually play. The ducks have only held 3 scrimmages so far. They haven't looked that dangerous, but we all know you can't get these kids full effort against such scrub opponents. You just can't. And we know they haven't had to show any of their money plays yet. No way I'll drop anything on it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really gotta learn when someone is busting someone's balls man.

But if we are keeping it real, those who even played at the high school level know it's really hard to tell why a play went wrong unless you are inside that huddle. You don't know what was called. You don't know what the game plan was or how that play was designed to stack up against specific defenses. You don't know who the intended targets were or how the protections were designed. Those who played have a bit more appreciation for just how complex that is. It's one of the reasons most former players don't like to question play callers or go for the low lying fruit and bang on the QB's without obvious cause.

I had no issue with you busting balls. I was just going off on a tangent.

My point was just that you don't have to play a snap of football to understand all of those intricacies.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no issue with you busting balls. I was just going off on a tangent.

My point was just that you don't have to play a snap of football to understand all of those intricacies.
Well certainly there are some who do get it that never played and some that did that will still go for low lying fruit. It isn't some magic bullet or something. There are plenty of clueless fans though, whether they played or not.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, small potatoes to me where I have no sympathy for the chicks he made feel uncomfortable. But the AD department was accused of being chauvinistic and the new AD cleaned house so Gesser kind of had to go. Which sucks because I want him as the next HC or involved in the staff as he turned the local doormat HS into a contender. Leach sells his system, Gesser is the only person in my opinion (though Ryan Leaf is starting to) that sells Pullman over a gimmick or some sister of the poor sell.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just called the Ute WR's and they said they are fine. Harry/Wilkins combo= I noted what you said. Do not forget about Williams and Darby either. You did not mention once about how good our Defense is. I think they are going to correct the mistakes they had against SDSU.
Here we come! I won't predict a score until later this week.

I like your passion. I also hope Sparky can bridle that passion a little.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DngduZoUwAAVFu1.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right you ASU sumb1tches. We gonna attack ur ass with Boeing fighter jets! :P

asu4.jpg