• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12> SEC

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a mixed bag. I dont hate the SEC. I respect that the conference has had multiple teams win the NC over the years. As I said before though having that team in a given year does not make them the best conference in that year. lacking that team doesnt meam they werent the best either. look at last season. ACC had the champ but would anyone call them the best? on the other hand SEC was still arguably the best.
I dont hate the SEC fans in fact Tennessee was probably my favorite trip I have taken around the country (15 stadiums coast to coast) I hate the blind fans that claim the bottom teams in the SEC would win other conferences. the ones that claim dominance in games that were close. that say things like 5-7 Tennessee can upset 11-2 South Carolina 23-21 because any team in the SEC can beat another on any given Saturday and thats why the conference is the best but lose to Oregon 59-14 because Tennessee is just a bottom SEC team and arent very good anyway. that WSU can lose to Auburn by 7 31-24 and the SEC is dominant and the Pac 12 sucks but Auburn beats Mississippi by 8 30-22 and it was a close conference battle.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the thread about how many AP top25 teams your team plays. Started going off about t-shirt fans and I don't know what else.

He's pretty much gone, as if he keeps it up past Monday he'll be perma'd and I don't see him changing. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

I found it. He tried that same shit last season with FSU and we all got involved against Authority. He is an ass of the first order and you're right, he's not gonna make a full season unless he changes.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a mixed bag. I dont hate the SEC. I respect that the conference has had multiple teams win the NC over the years. As I said before though having that team in a given year does not make them the best conference in that year. lacking that team doesnt meam they werent the best either. look at last season. ACC had the champ but would anyone call them the best? on the other hand SEC was still arguably the best.
I dont hate the SEC fans in fact Tennessee was probably my favorite trip I have taken around the country (15 stadiums coast to coast) I hate the blind fans that claim the bottom teams in the SEC would win other conferences. the ones that claim dominance in games that were close. that say things like 5-7 Tennessee can upset 11-2 South Carolina 23-21 because any team in the SEC can beat another on any given Saturday and thats why the conference is the best but lose to Oregon 59-14 because Tennessee is just a bottom SEC team and arent very good anyway. that WSU can lose to Auburn by 7 31-24 and the SEC is dominant and the Pac 12 sucks but Auburn beats Mississippi by 8 30-22 and it was a close conference battle.

Blindsquirrel(16).jpg

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep telling yourself that and I'll keep laughing at you SEC fanboys for taking the bait. Every. Single. Time.
I'm with 4Down on this ... for someone who doesn't care about it, you seem to get involved in every thread about it.

As to you laughing, who gives a shit. You are probably a well meaning nice guy that I will never meet other than anonymously in an Internet forum, so why would I care if you are laughing at me. I am sure I have been laughed at by better, and that didn't mean anything either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing about in conference games is that teams you play every year build specifically for other teams in the conference. And this applies to all conferences, not just the SEC. Take a little over-looking by the team and that's what you get - upsets. That's why they are called trap games. I think Arizona last year with Oregon is a good example of that. Nobody thinks Arizona was the better team despite the score because of it.

As for WSU and Auburn, Auburn improved over the year. Stuff like that is the bane of computer rankings.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the blind fans that claim the bottom teams in the SEC would win other conferences.
You really don't hear that any more. I've heard it argued in the past, but you would be hard fit to find someone where on SportsHoopla trying to convince every one that Ky would win the B1G.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I see. So, criticizing the SEC is "fun and lighthearted" as long as it's from a fellow SEC fan and sometimes has a little "hate" in there if it's a rival. But if it's a fan of a team from another conference, it's just hate and jealousy.

:pound::pound::pound:
Don't know about anyone else, but you can criticize all you want. I like the debate. But, why do you criticize it if not for those reasons? I'm just curious.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about anyone else, but you can criticize all you want. I like the debate. But, why do you criticize it if not for those reasons? I'm just curious.
Law, you and I have had a few discussions where we end up either on the same side, or at least mutually understanding the other. Same with BB2 and a few others like you. If you want to have a real discussion with TF12 or anyone else it's easy enough to do. When certain posters come off like know-it-all, angry, or bitter posters or are simply easy to get their panties in a wad you get some of this. Maybe we all just want to see if we push them far enough will they sooner or later 'get it' and lighten up and have some fun with it or not.

I don't speak for TF12, but I've read/posted around him for a few years and know he's a pretty mellow guy that doesn't take any of this stuff personally or very seriously. Well unless you bring up 7 sark :whistle:, but the SEC? Naw, he's not bothered by any of you or what some of you spew when you are looking to taunt the non SEC schools.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Law, you and I have had a few discussions where we end up either on the same side, or at least mutually understanding the other. Same with BB2 and a few others like you. If you want to have a real discussion with TF12 or anyone else it's easy enough to do. When certain posters come off like know-it-all, angry, or bitter posters or are simply easy to get their panties in a wad you get some of this. Maybe we all just want to see if we push them far enough will they sooner or later 'get it' and lighten up and have some fun with it or not.

I don't speak for TF12, but I've read/posted around him for a few years and know he's a pretty mellow guy that doesn't take any of this stuff personally or very seriously. Well unless you bring up 7 sark :whistle:, but the SEC? Naw, he's not bothered by any of you or what some of you spew when you are looking to taunt the non SEC schools.
Yes, dog breath :rollseyes: , we tend to get to mutual agreement, even if to disagree most often. I rarely take any of this personally. Only once last year did I get going with some Auburn dumbass who eventually got banned. Kind of pissed at myself that I let him get under my skin. I'd tailgate with most anyone here and have a good time, I'm guessing.

Can't wait for this coming week.

1346043808913_5096650.png

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz and Law Dawg,

How are you flea ridden mutts doing this evening.

Get a room doggies....

:suds:

*drank plorst

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz and Law Dawg,

How are you flea ridden mutts doing this evening.

Get a room doggies....

:suds:

*drank plorst

And people wonder why I'm not for team Pac... :tsk:

:lol:

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just LOL'd.

According to Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet so I apologize if this is a duplicate thread

The programming pom-pom wavers at CBS and ESPN don’t want to hear it. Paul Finebaum’s collection of crazies doesn’t want to hear it. The “SEC! SEC! SEC!” chanters don’t want to hear it.

But hear this: The Pac-12 should be the premier conference in college football in 2014. To quote Jim Morrison, the West is the best.

In a watershed year when access to the national title is broader than ever, Larry Scott’s league has three important things going for it:

• The deepest pool of proven coaches it has ever had.

• The finest collection of quarterbacks in the nation. By a wide margin.

• The toughest schedules anywhere, in a year when strength of schedule (allegedly) will matter more than ever.

Ten of the 12 teams have a returning starter. Six of them threw for more than 3,000 yards in 2013. Five of them accounted for 34 or more touchdowns. Of the top 20 national returnees in pass efficiency, five are from the Pac-12.

“I don't think there is a conference that's close in terms of the quality of quarterbacks,” Mora said.

Something else that’s nearly all good: the Pac-12 schedules. This could be a huge factor in the College Football Playoff race if the selection committee practices what it has preached.

At present, no other power-five conference plays nine league games and a league championship game. The divisional champions will endure a 10-game gauntlet.
And then there is the non-conference slate. This is not a league full of teams looking to exclusively schedule FCS and low-end FBS softies. Among the non-conference games: UCLA against Texas in Arlington; Utah at Michigan; Michigan State at Oregon; and three Pac-12 teams (USC, Stanford and Arizona State) take on Notre Dame.

All total, 29.7 percent of the league’s non-conference games are against teams from power-five conferences or Notre Dame. The SEC, by comparison, plays 19.6 percent of its non-league games against power-five opponents.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/move-...ion-s-best-football-conference-140558951.html

People don't want to believe, they're just haters. In the past 10 years, look at the Heisman's, look at who's won the national title. It's not hard to see.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is the champ, no matter if FSU won the national title. Look at the ACC title game, FSU played DUKE without Jabari Parker. lls Texas A&M beat Duke in the bowl, A&M was like the 5 or 6th best team in the SEC. Pac 12. lmao

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is the champ, no matter if FSU won the national title. Look at the ACC title game, FSU played DUKE without Jabari Parker. lls Texas A&M beat Duke in the bowl, A&M was like the 5 or 6th best team in the SEC. Pac 12. lmao

Jabari Parker? Dude he played on the Duke BASKETBALL TEAM. Not the Football team. If you meant Jamison Crowder that would be a negative ghost rider. He played in the ACC CCG. SO who on earth are you talking about?

Trying to compare the ACC title game to the bowl game is not really fair. aTm won by 4. FSU won by 38.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jabari Parker??

:susp: