• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC-12 officiating Oregon/Stanford game

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because in that scenario, he doesn't make contact with an object that is out of bounds.

In that scenario, if a player was running along the sidelines and made contact with an object that is out of bounds...he'd be ruled out of bounds.

The problem isn't you making it easier for me, it' making it easier for yourself.

At this point, you're either trolling or a moron. Literally no one agrees with you and no matter how many different ways it's explained, you can't seem to grasp it.
Key sentence he isn’t making contact with a object. The pylon is good for gauging TD dives . Calling a player out of bounds for grazing the top of an object. That stands over a foot off the ground. Is absurd by nature. You’re saying there’s 4 points on a field where out of bounds is 18 inches higher than the rest of the field

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got the gif version up....But you can clearly see in this pic the runners foot. Hits the top inside of the pylon. It never touches the ground or the white paint. His momentum actually carryschis foot into the end zone never touches white. Like I told Trojan fan. If this play happens on the sideline where there’s no pylon to obstruct a player. He’s allowed to advance the ball without question. The pylons good for gauging end zone dives....over a foot off the ground isn’t out of bounds by logic

And like I explained to you, this is different than if the play happens on the sideline. That’s why the pylon is there and not lining the entire field.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key sentence he isn’t making contact with a object. The pylon is good for gauging TD dives . Calling a player out of bounds for grazing the top of an object. That stands over a foot off the ground. Is absurd by nature. You’re saying there’s 4 points on a field where out of bounds is 18 inches higher than the rest of the field

The pylon is an object that is out of bounds. He made contact with it, therefore, by rule, he is out of bounds.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got the gif version up....But you can clearly see in this pic the runners foot. Hits the top inside of the pylon. It never touches the ground or the white paint. His momentum actually carryschis foot into the end zone never touches white. Like I told Trojan fan. If this play happens on the sideline where there’s no pylon to obstruct a player. He’s allowed to advance the ball without question. The pylons good for gauging end zone dives....over a foot off the ground isn’t out of bounds by logic
The second he touches the pylon the play is dead, it’s like touch the ground with the knee or touching out of bounds (because it is out of bounds) it doesn’t matter how much of your foot touches out of bounds you are out of bounds.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pylon is an object that is out of bounds. He made contact with it, therefore, by rule, he is out of bounds.
The oregon player was 18 inches off the ground when he fumbled.He was laying on an object must have been down......

I know the pylon rule. Which is why i said it needs to be corrected. If you cant see how absurd the rule is by design.......Its simple logic you said yourself his foot hit an elevated "object" not the paint...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. The version you have posted does not clearly show where his foot lands and whether or not any part of his foot is actually touching the white line. You projected that it did or saw something in another video perhaps, but the one you posted does not explicitly show where his foot lands.

And it's entirely irrelevant. He touched OB before the ball crossed the plane. Extend the ball out next time and it's a non issue. It's that easy.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second he touches the pylon the play is dead, it’s like touch the ground with the knee or touching out of bounds (because it is out of bounds) it doesn’t matter how much of your foot touches out of bounds you are out of bounds.
Which is why they should revise it and use the NFL format. Pylons elevated use it to gauge diving plays nothing more

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why they should revise it and use the NFL format. Pylons elevated use it to gauge diving plays nothing more
As someone already pointed out, the NFL has adjusted their rules to be similar to the college rules.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. The version you have posted does not clearly show where his foot lands and whether or not any part of his foot is actually touching the white line. You projected that it did or saw something in another video perhaps, but the one you posted does not explicitly show where his foot lands.

And it's entirely irrelevant. He touched OB before the ball crossed the plane. Extend the ball out next time and it's a non issue. It's that easy.
I get you hate the ducks. And I can find a clip where his foot lands in a bit.Ball crosses the plane before his foot touches the ground. But like I said if a players foot is elevated over out of bounds. Running down the sideline but never touches the paint. The play continues. Last time I'm saying it. The pylon is an elevated object. It should be utilized the same way the NFL utilizes it. To gauge diving TD plays. Not as an elevated extension of OB. If you cant see the flaw here I cant help you.....

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer we keep using it to determine every aspect of where a player and the ball are while crossing the goal line. I feel like you’re still not getting, or ignoring the part about unlike down the sideline between the end zones, it matters at that point.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone already pointed out, the NFL has adjusted their rules to be similar to the college rules.
In the end the equivalent of the current pylon rule.May as well go full AFL and fence in OB point blank....

maxresdefault.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end the equivalent of the current pylon rule.May as well go full AFL and fence in OB point blank....

maxresdefault.jpg
I guess we should just let players on the sideline to start knocking the ball back in play and catch people that are jumping out of bounds and carry them back inbounds.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we should just let players on the sideline to start knocking the ball back in play and catch people that are jumping out of bounds and carry them back inbounds.
Play would be out of bounds player touched an elevated object....They need to build a wall

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play would be out of bounds player touched an elevated object....They need to build a wall
You are the one who wants hitting objects that are out of bounds to be okay. Let me guess, you also want to let quarterbacks to bounce forward passes to receivers too.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that this has been hashed out...where is this week's Oregon pre-game setup thread. I'm waiting with much anticipation...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking with other Duck fans today, it was a well agreed upon answer that the officiating for the Oregon/Stanford game was awful. There were more than one time where the officials blew a call or didn't call something they should have. Also, they didn't review plays that should have been reviewed.

What a shame.

It was a hard fought game by the Ducks, that Oregon dominated the offensive and defensive lines. Ducks completely controlled the game at the line of scrimmage. Ducks defense held Love to less than 100 yards rushing. Yet in a game so dominated by Oregon the officials seemed to keep the Cardinal in the game and ultimately became Oregon's greatest opponent in this game.
Look 1 post up...I don't have all week

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one who wants hitting objects that are out of bounds to be okay. Let me guess, you also want to let quarterbacks to bounce forward passes to receivers too.
Nope what I said is grazing the top of a pylon with ones foot. Which stands 18 inches above the actual field.And the white paint that indicates out of bounds on the rest of a level field. In no way should be considered out of bounds. Your post actually supports my stance. If the an elevated Pylon is considered out of bounds. May as well build the wall......