• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC-12 officiating Oregon/Stanford game

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debatable both plays were extremely close. And that is a TD like 99.9% of the time.

No, it's not debatable and it wasn't extremely close. They explained the difference on both plays during the reviews.

The Oregon runner's foot hit the pylon and slow motion replay showed that the ball clearly hadn't crossed the goal line. Love never touched the pylon and the ball was clearly across the goal line when he stepped out of bounds.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safety was clear on several angles...Instant replay is inconsistent by nature. The pylon rule is asinine read above post. It did effect the game but as I said Oregon lost this game by failing to protect the ball and icing it

Wrong.

Do they get instant replay wrong sometimes? Yes.

Do PAC-12 refs suck and get lots of things wrong? Yes.

Do they get every single call wrong? No.

In this case, they got both of those calls right. Just because refs and replay officials have gotten things wrong in the past, doesn't mean they are wrong every single time or that they were wrong on those calls.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Do they get instant replay wrong sometimes? Yes.

Do PAC-12 refs suck and get lots of things wrong? Yes.

Do they get every single call wrong? No.

In this case, they got both of those calls right. Just because refs and replay officials have gotten things wrong in the past, doesn't mean they are wrong every single time or that they were wrong on those calls.
I mean we are both kind of wasting our time trying to logic OD jr. He'll have none of it.

But well said none the less.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we are both kind of wasting our time trying to logic OD jr. He'll have none of it.

But well said none the less.

Sometimes, I wish he'd pick another team. His shit can be embarrassing.

I think he'd make a great Oregon fan. lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, I wish he'd pick another team. His shit can be embarrassing.

I think he'd make a great Oregon fan. lol
He and AG both are already outstanding duck fans.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pylon thing on
I'm going to disagree and this is where @OregonDucks has a legit complaint. On any other play a player that is elevated. Is not ruled out of bounds until a portion of his body touches the white paint. Its not like he stepped on the pylon. His foot is elevated and grazes the pylon. While still elevated and plants in the field of play.

I'm not saying its not the way the rule is written. But the rule is flawed. By that standard a player going up to make a sideline catch with his body out of bounds. That manages to get a foot back in play and in bounds. Would be out of bounds. The Pylon is elevated 18 inches from the paint. Ticky tack call we don't see for good reason. When you know players most likely graze the pylons a good 10 times a game easy. Not surprised a PAC ref called it....But lets not pretend his foot wasn't elevated and he hit the white paint. This is something that needs to be corrected plain and simple.......WR doesn't touch the ground out of bounds

The ball has to cross the goal line in bounds. If the pylon is out of bounds by definition, the ball is tucked on the left side over the left foot that kicks the pylon while crossing the line, he is out of bounds. Pretty straight forward and not much you can argue about it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a wr thats foot is elevated 18 inches over the sideline is out of bounds regardless of whether his foot comes down in play........Well according to your logic

You have nothing to worry about. Washington will roll over Oregon. Game won't even be close
What you’re missing is the ball has to cross the goal line in bounds, what you’re saying about being able to continue in bounds as long as no part of the body touches out of bounds is irrelevant, the ball has to cross the goal line.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope CU can beat UCLA on Friday.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not debatable and it wasn't extremely close. They explained the difference on both plays during the reviews.

The Oregon players foot hit the pylon and slow motion replay showed that the ball clearly hadn't crossed the goal line. Love never touched the pylon and the ball was clearly across the goal line when he stepped out of bounds.
I don’t care what teams are involved.The wrs foot grazed the top of the pylon while it was elevated. It never touches the actual ground. The ball is across the goal line before his foot touches the ground in the field of play. This is why the pylon is considered in bounds in the NFL. If the pylon is going to function as an obstruction it’s a rule that needs to be corrected imo. Otherwise by that logic any player who’s elevated 18 inches or less over the sidelines is out of bounds..... The college football pylon rule is majorly flawed by design

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care what teams are involved.The wrs foot grazed the top of the pylon while it was elevated. It never touches the actual ground. The ball is across the goal line before his foot touches the ground in the field of play.

He didn't graze the fucking pylon. He kicked it. Even if he did graze it, that means he touched it which meant he was out of bounds. His foot then landing in bounds is no different than a guy stepping out of bounds on a run down the sidelines and then being in bounds the rest of the way. The ball gets placed where he stepped out.

This is why the pylon is considered in bounds in the NFL.

This isn't the NFL, it's college. The NFL has nothing to do with it.

If the pylon is going to function as an obstruction it’s a rule that needs to be corrected imo.

That' a different discussion. Whether the rule should be changed or not, doesn't change the fact that the refs got the call right in both cases.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you’re missing is the ball has to cross the goal line in bounds, what you’re saying about being able to continue in bounds as long as no part of the body touches out of bounds is irrelevant, the ball has to cross the goal line.
And that’s the problem the pylon should be used to gauge whether the ball is in bounds. It was determined the player was out of bounds when his foot grazed the top. If the pylon isn’t there. This plays no different than a wr straddling the sideline and never actually touching the paint. Using the pylon as a gauge for the balls one thing. Saying a players out of bounds for grazing the top of it while never hitting the actual paint on the ground... Kinda defeats the purpose of the pylon

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't graze the fucking pylon. He kicked it. Even if he did graze it, that means he touched it which meant he was out of bounds. His foot then landing in bounds is no different than a guy stepping out of bounds on a run down the sidelines and then being in bounds the rest of the way. The ball gets placed where he stepped out.

This isn't the NFL, it's college. The NFL has nothing to do with it.

That' a different discussion. Whether the rule should be changed or not, doesn't change the fact that the refs got the call right in both cases.
Key word he kicked it... his foot hit the top of the pylon and came down in bounds. His foot was over a foot off the field. By your standard it’s no different than saying a player is out of bounds if they have a body part a foot over the paint. Otherwise you’re taking the pylon which is intended to gauge if the ball is in. And using it as an upright extension of out of bounds. The rule is completely flawed by design.

It’s not the NFL but it’s one of few things the NFL has correct for good reason. Otherwise you’re saying out of bounds is 18 inches higher on 4 parts of the field....

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s the problem the pylon should be used to gauge whether the ball is in bounds. It was determined the player was out of bounds when his foot grazed the top. If the pylon isn’t there. This plays no different than a wr straddling the sideline and never actually touching the paint. Using the pylon as a gauge for the balls one thing. Saying a players out of bounds for grazing the top of it while never hitting the actual paint on the ground... Kinda defeats the purpose of the pylon

No it doesn’t. The play is dead over the goal line. It’s not like running down the sideline where the play is still alive as long as you don’t come down out of bounds. Kicking the pylon with the ball tucked like it was showed the ball was out of bounds when he crossed the goal line (or rather, didn’t cross the goal line, because he was out of bounds). It’s not an obstruction, it served its purpose.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn’t. The play is dead over the goal line. It’s not like running down the sideline where the play is still alive as long as you don’t come down out of bounds. Kicking the pylon with the ball tucked like it was showed the ball was out of bounds when he crossed the goal line. It’s not an obstruction, it served its purpose.
His foot touches the top of the pylon which is where it was marked out of bounds. His foot comes down in bounds from that angle. If his foot plants in the end zone. I can’t say the ball didn’t shot inside the pylon or cross the line. Regardless I can’t buy grazing the top of a structure that stands over a foot above field level as out of bounds. If a players foot hits anything but the ground.....The rule needs revisions

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word he kicked it... his foot hit the top of the pylon and came down in bounds. His foot was over a foot off the field.

Doesn't matter. The way the current rule is, he was out of bounds.

By your standard it’s no different than saying a player is out of bounds if they have a body part a foot over the paint

1. It's not my standard, it's the NCAA's.

2. No, it's not. He made contact with an object that is out of bounds, therefore, he was out of bounds.

So again, if you think the rule needs to be changed, that should be your argument. Saying he wasn't out of bounds on that play is wrong by the definition of the rule.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. The way the current rule is, he was out of bounds.

1. It's not my standard, it's the NCAA's.

2. No, it's not. He made contact with an object that is out of bounds, therefore, he was out of bounds.

So again, if you think the rule needs to be changed, that should be your argument. Saying he wasn't out of bounds on that play is wrong by the definition of the rule.
I’m going to make it easy for you. If this same play happens on the sidelines. Where there is no pylon to obstruct the runner. The runner is still able to continue advancing the ball

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His foot touches the top of the pylon which is where it was marked out of bounds. His foot comes down in bounds from that angle. If his foot plants in the end zone. I can’t say the ball didn’t shot inside the pylon or cross the line. Regardless I can’t buy grazing the top of a structure that stands over a foot above field level as out of bounds. If a players foot hits anything but the ground.....The rule needs revisions

What?

oregon-pylon-review.jpg

It doesn’t get any clearer than this, the play is dead right there, doesn’t matter where his foot lands, out of bounds, right there. And it should be whether the pylon is there or not, the play doesn’t extend beyond that point when you’re advancing the ball. So if part of your body is out of bounds when you cross that line, the ball is dead wherever it is. If he streatched the ball out and ran for the goal line like he’s supposed to, instead of prancing toward the corner like some glitter helmet wearing bitch, there would be no issue.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's unfair they go to extra lengths to make it clear as day and entirely accurate what is, and is not in bounds at the point of scoring? :L You'd rather have more human interpretation instead of having something simple that takes it out of the refs hands? And yet what to tell us how often those same refs blow calls they are responsible for?
:burt:

Why the need to continue to white knight for OD/Oregon so much? It really is insane.

Duck runner just needed to put the ball out in front of him like everyone from pop warner up is taught to do and he scores, touching the pylon or not. He didn't do that and touched something OB before the ball crossed the plane. This is why they are taught to do this. He didn't and it cost them.

This really isn't that complicated.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to make it easy for you. If this same play happens on the sidelines. Where there is no pylon to obstruct the runner. The runner is still able to continue advancing the ball

That's because in that scenario, he doesn't make contact with an object that is out of bounds.

In that scenario, if a player was running along the sidelines and made contact with an object that is out of bounds...he'd be ruled out of bounds.

The problem isn't you making it easier for me, it's making it easier for yourself.

At this point, you're either trolling or a moron. Literally no one agrees with you and no matter how many different ways it's explained, you can't seem to grasp it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

oregon-pylon-review.jpg

It doesn’t get any clearer than this, the play is dead right there, doesn’t matter where his foot lands, out of bounds, right there. And it should be whether the pylon is there or not, the play doesn’t extend beyond that point when you’re advancing the ball.
I’ve got the gif version up....But you can clearly see in this pic the runners foot. Hits the top inside of the pylon. It never touches the ground or the white paint. His momentum actually carryschis foot into the end zone never touches white. Like I told Trojan fan. If this play happens on the sideline where there’s no pylon to obstruct a player. He’s allowed to advance the ball without question. The pylons good for gauging end zone dives....over a foot off the ground isn’t out of bounds by logic