• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overturned - Brady suspension vacated. Let's hear you bitch and moan. Crow $2 a plate

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that the NFL drops the case entirely and the owners will mandate the clown commissioner to develop a new disciplinary protocol going forward that is independent of the commissioner's office and present it to the owners within 90 days.

The NFL has had enough black eyes on discipline thanks to Goodell. Why set yourself up for another legal beating?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gonna go grab lunch and relish the sports talk radio on my break in my car.

:hammer::thumper:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the NFL to appeal, and I expect the NFL to lose that appeal. Only 20% of judgements are ever overturned. So that should be the end of it, but it won't be. This will be brought up against Brady forever now whether he is really innocent or not. Sort of like Sherman beating his drug test on a technicality still gets brought up whenever someone has a bone to pick with him.
just like braun mlb wasn't he mvp and was dirty while doing it ? pats fans think this means something tom brady will go down in history for deflategate .

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the NFL to appeal, and I expect the NFL to lose that appeal. Only 20% of judgements are ever overturned. So that should be the end of it, but it won't be. This will be brought up against Brady forever now whether he is really innocent or not. Sort of like Sherman beating his drug test on a technicality still gets brought up whenever someone has a bone to pick with him.

Yeah getting off like this actually is going to tarnish Brady's legacy more IMO than if he would have just served the suspension.

People hate cheaters....but they hate cheaters who get away with it a lot, lot more.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on his writing style, not his opinions, that is incredibly hard to believe.

Well he spent time being a law student, and freely admitted that. In fact when he first joined KFFL he may have even been a high school student, I don't remember for sure. I've obviously never seen his degree or anything, but I believe him.

Not that I necessarily agree with him on everything. And even if he is better informed than me, I disagree with him here. But I still believe he's a lawyer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The collective bargaining agreement is written to give Goodell EXACTLY just that type of authority when it comes to the integrity of the game.
Correct,
However, in overturning the suspension, the courts have ruled that the coomissioner must fairly hear the appeal. Goodell did not fairly hear the appeal.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Goodell has a hard-on for Brady and the PAtriots and was trying to bring them down"

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q! You made the jump!

I'm pissed off about this ruling but seeing you here is my silver lining!

Duck!

Wow, you were missed pre-draft when the Wolves got the top pick.

I'm only here cause our college football league moved here. I was happy on a board without any forums besides fantasy football (which i no longer play).

These pats fans are just as bad, maybe worse than the KFFL guys....and as I told APK...this board isn't nearly as conservative as the KFFL guys said it was.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I hope not. Killing the offseason was one thing. God knows we don't want to be hearing about this during the season...Imagine if it's appealed, the Pats have another big year and it gets reversed right before the playoffs??? What a disaster that would be...[/QUOTE

I can't think of a better scenario.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well smashing his phone to pieces certainly didnt help

I wouldn't give my cell phone to a bunch of lawyers, either. No fucking way.

What if my wife found out that the number for "Dan's Auto Body" is actually a chick I met skiing last season?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that never happened

smart people know this

The tapes were destroyed. That actually happened. And there's a good reason for it. There was more on them than what was claimed. NFL personnel already told the Panthers GM that.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tapes were destroyed. That actually happened. And there's a good reason for it. There was more on them than what was claimed. NFL personnel already told the Panthers GM that.

Wrong, and wrong.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Goodell is wishing he hadn't burned those tapes of the Pats filming teams now that this verdict went against him. He's probably going to be looking for some payback.
Can you imagine the disdain Goodell has against the Pats now?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harsh

U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell went too far in affirming punishment of the Super Bowl-winning quarterback, criticizing him for dispensing "his own brand of industrial justice." Brady has insisted he played no role in a conspiracy to deflate footballs below the allowable limit at last season's AFC Championship Game.

Wow, that is pretty harsh, but accurate.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I hope not. Killing the offseason was one thing. God knows we don't want to be hearing about this during the season...Imagine if it's appealed, the Pats have another big year and it gets reversed right before the playoffs??? What a disaster that would be...

I hope not as well but this if the NFL we are talking about. The aren't going to want more egg of their faces because of this

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't need to be though. They can reverse engineer into it if they so chose. I suspect the NFL didn't want to do that because they knew from what they already had that there was likely nothing there.

I'm just saying we won't ever truly know. Just like we won't truly know about Ray Rice and the "sports coat"

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he spent time being a law student, and freely admitted that. In fact when he first joined KFFL he may have even been a high school student, I don't remember for sure. I've obviously never seen his degree or anything, but I believe him.

Not that I necessarily agree with him on everything. And even if he is better informed than me, I disagree with him here. But I still believe he's a lawyer.

Yeah you go in for a jaywalk violation with this guy as your lawyer and next thing , your on deathrow

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they never filmed a practice.

this is a fact

its why espn apologized again, a few weeks ago