• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overturned - Brady suspension vacated. Let's hear you bitch and moan. Crow $2 a plate

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not angry. I'm bemused by the fact that because you are disappointed in the result, to make yourself feel better you claim to have "called it". So what say you have the appeal? Let's see those powers of prognostication at work.

just add it to the list of shit only the patriots can get away with

"better be careful what you say in the locker room. they are listening"
-peyton manning

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not angry. I'm bemused by the fact that because you are disappointed in the result, to make yourself feel better you claim to have "called it". So what say you have the appeal? Let's see those powers of prognostication at work.
"look at what rock does"

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaron hernandez to take the patriots to court

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giselle has decided to shave her Adams Apple in celebration!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I believe the league will fight this and it will continue. The CBA gave Goodell the power, which is stupid and I don't see why they agreed to that in the first place.

The NFL f'd themselves imo. IF they called the Patriots and Brady out when this actually happened then Brady probably would be suspended 2 games and this wouldn't have been as big of a deal as BOTH sides is making this out to be.

Maybe, but I hope not. Killing the offseason was one thing. God knows we don't want to be hearing about this during the season...Imagine if it's appealed, the Pats have another big year and it gets reversed right before the playoffs??? What a disaster that would be...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the NFL to appeal, and I expect the NFL to lose that appeal. Only 20% of judgements are ever overturned. So that should be the end of it, but it won't be. This will be brought up against Brady forever now whether he is really innocent or not. Sort of like Sherman beating his drug test on a technicality still gets brought up whenever someone has a bone to pick with him.

I agree. Berman didn't vacate the suspension because he thinks Goodell is a dick and a buffoon.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Effective immediately, Wide Receivers at NE camp are no longer required to run further than 6 yards"

Reggie Wayne is getting a little long in the tooth anyway.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing my point. The Judge questioned Goodell's decision to suspend for 4 games for an infraction not specifically mentioned in the CBA. Does the CBA have a catchall phrase on how these can be handled with regards to suspension or fine? Or just some language like at the Commish's discretion? I can't imagine it's not covered at all in the CBA and if it is how much power is he given to make a decision? Steroids have nothing to do with it. Those are specifically covered in the CBA. If the CBA puts the decision on the length of suspension for "all other infractions" up to Goodell, then he can use any comparison he sees fit - steroids, past precendent, his "best judgement" (there's an oxymoron). So I am wondering how those are mentioned in the CBA.

It is, in article 46. That is the catchall.

It's very similar to the "in the best interests of the game clause" as in the SCOTUS case which A's owner Finley vs. Commission Kuhn. Where the commissioner was able to stop the sale of players under the "best interests of baseball."

This case is a HUGE blow against that clause as well.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it bizarre you equate losing a SB to a participation award.

Why? It's meaningless to get there and choke against an inferior team.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just add it to the list of shit only the patriots can get away with

"better be careful what you say in the locker room. they are listening"
-peyton manning

He's a paranoid loon.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Goodell is wishing he hadn't burned those tapes of the Pats filming teams now that this verdict went against him. He's probably going to be looking for some payback.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing my point. The Judge questioned Goodell's decision to suspend for 4 games for an infraction not specifically mentioned in the CBA. Does the CBA have a catchall phrase on how these can be handled with regards to suspension or fine? Or just some language like at the Commish's discretion? I can't imagine it's not covered at all in the CBA and if it is how much power is he given to make a decision? Steroids have nothing to do with it. Those are specifically covered in the CBA. If the CBA puts the decision on the length of suspension for "all other infractions" up to Goodell, then he can use any comparison he sees fit - steroids, past precendent, his "best judgement" (there's an oxymoron). So I am wondering how those are mentioned in the CBA.

He also cited numerous equipment infractions and their penalties, non-cooperation and their penalties. So he felt the uniqueness of this offense as claimed by the NFL was not valid.

If the CBA has set penalties for such infractions it doesn't mean Goodell can ignore those in favor of something else because it's convenient..

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It's meaningless to get there and choke against an inferior team.

Q! You made the jump!

I'm pissed off about this ruling but seeing you here is my silver lining!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Goodell is wishing he hadn't burned those tapes of the Pats filming teams now that this verdict went against him. He's probably going to be looking for some payback.
that never happened

smart people know this