• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated Actors/Actresses

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fear-and-loathing.jpg

nuff said

Brilliant !!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first saw Leo in Whats Eating Gilbert Grape I thought it was an actual mentally challenged child...

whats-eating-gilbert-grape.jpg

Amazing job by Leo... and just a kid...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great actor, but he's been around a lot longer than these guys. Not over rated in the least, even in Bosom Buddies he was good..lol

Was just at my comments about range. I think Depp may show off the ability to rival him as he does more movies though.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if he has been mentioned but Clooney seems to be a bit overrated. He is the same thing in every movie...

Dont get me wrong, I like several of his movies and like him. The only possible Oscar nomination that is worthy was The Descendants.

ALso I love to look at Jen Aniston and enjoy her movies, but cmon. Its Rachel from friends in every movie but one or two.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also writes his own movies (which tend to be really good). That makes him about ten times more talented than most actors in Hollywood. Plus, he isn't highly regarded at all.

The most overrated actor is Daniel Day-Lewis. It's not because he is a bad actor. He is a quite good actor, maybe top ten in the world. His problem is that he gets ridiculous praise for every part, even when they are unspectacular. Look at Lincoln...he played a guy whose nobody has ever heard. He had an accent that didn't remotely resemble a Midwest accent. He acted like a bumbling fool for most of the movie. He gets one good monologue and it is suddenly a "legendary performance." He's had one truly legendary performance (There Will Be Blood), and even that was a shitty movie. Gangs of New York was good, but he outshone by Liam Neeson, much like Tommy Lee Jones stole the screen from him in Lincoln. When you are only in one movie every five years and you get outshone in 2/3 of them, you aren't the Best Actor of your generation. The best actor alive today is Michael Shannon, so DDL can't possibly live up to his reputation.

Other overrated actors, IMO, are Sean Penn, Russell Crowe, Michael Caine (in old age...much less so when he was younger), and Kevin Spacey.

:L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanks is 56 Depp is 50....:noidea:

I bet Depp has had at least as many movies as Hanks

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't notice the Kevin spacey comment, but he is great in some good movies. Also, house of cards is one of the better "TV" series I've seen, and spacey as Francis underwood is one of the best characters I've seen.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Hanks is 56 Depp is 50....:noidea:

I bet Depp has had at least as many movies as Hanks

Now that I think of it, you're right. Depp was in the first Nightmare on Elm Street, and 21 Jump Street(TV Series).
About the same time frame as Bosom Buddies, for Hanks.