• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our SoS may not be as tough as predicted

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Schedule Is Here! OK, Calm Down Heres What You Need to Know

Grantland has a good article regarding the 2015 strength of schedule for the 32 NFL teams. Instead of simply using the opponents' 2014 W-L, they instead use a point differential formula, and while it isn't perfect, it reflects a more accurate picture of how opponents did last season.

Almost every team has a similar SoS rank regardless of which formula is used, with the exception of the Seahawks.

Using straight W-L records, on paper we have the 4th toughest schedule, but when you factor in point differentials, Grantland has us with the 11th toughest schedule. Both rankings should be taken with a grain of salt for obvious reasons but its nice to know that, at least with some metrics, our road to Superbowl 50 might not be as tough as some predict.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it, the team with the toughest schedule is like the Browns or the Jags. Pretty much every game they're playing a superior team. On the flip, every team we play is not as good as us.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that is because the AFCN played the AFCS and the NFCS last year. Remember the first half of last year when every team in that division had a good record but they had only played the Falcons, Jags, Bucs and Texans?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much concerned about strength of schedule.

I look at it sorta like the how Rorshach was when he was put in prison. "I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!" Having the Seahawks on their schedule is far worse for them than the Seahawks having to face anyone else.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much concerned about strength of schedule.

I look at it sorta like the how Rorshach was when he was put in prison. "I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!" Having the Seahawks on their schedule is far worse for them than the Seahawks having to face anyone else.
Dang right!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the Dolphins schedule (link on fins board) They have made improvements but a pessimistic view gives them 5 or 6 wins. That is an ugly schedule for an 8-8 team. They go 8-8 again this year would be a miracle!
Think you guys have it bad?