• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our offense will be fine...

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NFL QB says Bears offense is worst scheme in NFL

Kurt Warner and Sage Rosenfels are ripping the bears scheme pretty hard. Nagy is looking more and more like an idiot with each passing game, imo.
It does just look like we're trying to throw shit against the wall and see what sticks. No attempt to (for example) run the ball then run play action off of that, or establish a short passing game and hit a draw up the middle. We're not trying to exploit certain guys defensively. We're just a fucking mess, and that's on Nagy.

Even though we've struggled to run the ball, i wouldn't mind seeing us just try to establish the run now that Kyle Long is a distant memory. Make things simple, get the offensive line moving forward, play action off of that, get David Montgomery going a little bit, get some simple passes mixed in.

I also don't know why Cordarrelle Patterson gets so many snaps offensively while Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel are no where to be found. The one or two sweeps or reverses with Patterson aren't worth basically relegating two of the better receiving weapons to nothing. This offense is going nowhere if Anthony Miller can't be counted on for some production.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy looks like a stubborn asshole.

His excuse for not running the ball last week was complete shit. "Duh, we ran it twice and it didn't work so...fuck the run altogether, let's throw it 50 times with our QB that's struggling."

I am saying this right now...If Nagy doesn't stop acting like a stubborn ass, his tenure will end much sooner than later.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His excuse for not running the ball last week was complete shit. "Duh, we ran it twice and it didn't work so...fuck the run altogether, let's throw it 50 times with our QB that's struggling."

I am saying this right now...If Nagy doesn't stop acting like a stubborn ass, his tenure will end much sooner than later.
Bold statement......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing that we're at 3-3 and 15-8 under the Nagy regime and this is happening. I mean, we're not like horrible...and yes, that's because of the defense...but it's still hard to believe this is happening...where everyone that is in the know about football and/or our team can see the writing on the wall that were f*cked...but still...15-8...3-3...We should be at least somewhat happy, right? But no. Sports can be weird like that I guess.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that we're at 3-3 and 15-8 under the Nagy regime and this is happening. I mean, we're not like horrible...and yes, that's because of the defense...but it's still hard to believe this is happening...where everyone that is in the know about football and/or our team can see the writing on the wall that were f*cked...but still...15-8...3-3...We should be at least somewhat happy, right? But no. Sports can be weird like that I guess.
He can save himself, with a few good games, but so far this season he's been awful.

Go back to last year, and look at Mitch's GREAT games. In every one of them,(Green Bay, Detroit and Minnesota, late season) I will guarantee you that there were over 20 rushing attempts in those games.

I don't care if you have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers back there, you HAVE TO RUN THE BALL. This year, Nagy has abandoned it in almost every game, EARLY on too!

It's a fickle league. Winning cures all, and losing accentuates flaws.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but still...15-8...3-3...We should be at least somewhat happy, right? But no.
There are games we should have won IMO. Opening day Packers. Raiders in London and the banged-up Saints last week. Should we be 6-0? Too much to ask? Sorry, but Nagy seems lost. And he's supposed to teach Biscuit?

I think we're cursed along with the Browns, Lions and Jags.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That wasn't his excuse, though.

He sucked and needs to run more. However, it makes more sense than people give him credit for and no one is really stops to actually look at the context of the game script.

The first half starts:

Blocked punt for a safety, get the ball back and fumble immediately, short touchdown for Saints, Bears kick return for TD, Bears force Saints punt. The score is 9-7 Saints and you're already at the end of the first quarter and you haven't even been able to get into your offense.

The Bears were sitting at a 60-40% ratio of pass/run going into this drive which is pretty standard and balanced in the NFL. The Bears then go onto drive for a field goal to take a 10-9 lead. They don't get the ball back until the 6 minute mark. They go 3 and out after being setup with a 2nd and short. This is where Mitch missed a wide open Miller streaking downfield on 3rd down. Then, it's roughly the 2 minute mark heading into their next drive.

Let us not forget that Nagy is calling numerous RPO's and Trubisky's habit all year has been to pull these back looking to throw.

The second half starts:

Saints drive for a TD (19-10), Bears fumble immediately and are now down by two scores in the latter part of the third quarter before they touch the ball again. Again, after not being able to even run their offense. They get it back, run 3 plays and punt. Saints go down and score a TD. Now it's 26-10 heading into the 4th and there's just no way you're going to be doing anything other than throwing with that deficit at such a late point.

Nagy's excuse was not that he "ran twice and gave up". It was that vs a defense like the Saints that nobody has ran on. What he wanted to do was pass to back defenders off of the ball a bit to setup the run. However, Trubisky at no point is able to convert on rudimentary 3rd down passes to extend drives. Also, that the game script made it difficult to run a lot. These are not (in the least) inaccurate statements.

There's only two drives in the game script that I look at and can say "you have to try and run there" where they didn't. That's the mid-2nd quarter drive where they get 8 yards on the first play and stall out (again, even though it's Mitch's fault this drive stalled). Then, the drive mid-3rd quarter where they go 3 and out.

On the other drives, they either tried and punted (opening drive). Tried and fumbled... or they were in situations with the clock or deficit that permit running.

Again... Nagy has stunk, but it's simply not as bad as it is being made out to be. Mitch hits rudimentary throws and the conversation is a lot different this week. Not saying we win, but it's close and we run more as a result.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does just look like we're trying to throw shit against the wall and see what sticks. No attempt to (for example) run the ball then run play action off of that, or establish a short passing game and hit a draw up the middle. We're not trying to exploit certain guys defensively. We're just a fucking mess, and that's on Nagy.

Even though we've struggled to run the ball, i wouldn't mind seeing us just try to establish the run now that Kyle Long is a distant memory. Make things simple, get the offensive line moving forward, play action off of that, get David Montgomery going a little bit, get some simple passes mixed in.

I also don't know why Cordarrelle Patterson gets so many snaps offensively while Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel are no where to be found. The one or two sweeps or reverses with Patterson aren't worth basically relegating two of the better receiving weapons to nothing. This offense is going nowhere if Anthony Miller can't be counted on for some production.

The Chargers are a mess at DT and have been getting gashed by the run all season. I feel like what's going to happen is Nagy is going to run Montgomery a lot Sunday. We'll see a relative amount of success and then everyone will go "See what happens when you run!". Then, we'll play Philly who is great against the run (putrid against the pass) and thing will just kind of go back to the way it was.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't his excuse, though.

He sucked and needs to run more. However, it makes more sense than people give him credit for and no one is really stops to actually look at the context of the game script.

The first half starts:

Blocked punt for a safety, get the ball back and fumble immediately, short touchdown for Saints, Bears kick return for TD, Bears force Saints punt. The score is 9-7 Saints and you're already at the end of the first quarter and you haven't even been able to get into your offense.

The Bears were sitting at a 60-40% ratio of pass/run going into this drive which is pretty standard and balanced in the NFL. The Bears then go onto drive for a field goal to take a 10-9 lead. They don't get the ball back until the 6 minute mark. They go 3 and out after being setup with a 2nd and short. This is where Mitch missed a wide open Miller streaking downfield on 3rd down. Then, it's roughly the 2 minute mark heading into their next drive.

Let us not forget that Nagy is calling numerous RPO's and Trubisky's habit all year has been to pull these back looking to throw.

The second half starts:

Saints drive for a TD (19-10), Bears fumble immediately and are now down by two scores in the latter part of the third quarter before they touch the ball again. Again, after not being able to even run their offense. They get it back, run 3 plays and punt. Saints go down and score a TD. Now it's 26-10 heading into the 4th and there's just no way you're going to be doing anything other than throwing with that deficit at such a late point.

Nagy's excuse was not that he "ran twice and gave up". It was that vs a defense like the Saints that nobody has ran on. What he wanted to do was pass to back defenders off of the ball a bit to setup the run. However, Trubisky at no point is able to convert on rudimentary 3rd down passes to extend drives. Also, that the game script made it difficult to run a lot. These are not (in the least) inaccurate statements.

There's only two drives in the game script that I look at and can say "you have to try and run there" where they didn't. That's the mid-2nd quarter drive where they get 8 yards on the first play and stall out (again, even though it's Mitch's fault this drive stalled). Then, the drive mid-3rd quarter where they go 3 and out.

On the other drives, they either tried and punted (opening drive). Tried and fumbled... or they were in situations with the clock or deficit that permit running.

Again... Nagy has stunk, but it's simply not as bad as it is being made out to be. Mitch hits rudimentary throws and the conversation is a lot different this week. Not saying we win, but it's close and we run more as a result.

Bro, I love you, but I ain't reading that tonight.