• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Next QB needs to be...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was lost due to turnovers, bad QB play and bad corner play.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can draft a qb next year but only if they tear down how team. Turning this team over to a rookie qb means a few years of growing pains. Similar to what Foles went through earlier in the year. By the time that qb is ready the likes of Jason Peters McCoy Maclin Mathis will all be ready for aarp coverage. In other words the window with this group has one maybe two years left. Sure up the defensive secondary, get another linebacker or two and a right guard in the offseason. Chip,needs to review his 2013 game calling and get back to that. The innovative calls haven't been there all year. Straightened that out and next year is the year.
Dissagree 100%. This isnt 1990, rookie qbs with weapons win football games. Rg3, luck, wilson, kap even sanchez put up quality winning seasons their first few years. A rookie couldnt possibly be worse that what we have seen from the qb position this year.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is clearly a backup. We need Foles to be the man or we need to draft a qb. As bad as Fletcher played, with a better qb we still could have won.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is clearly a backup. We need Foles to be the man or we need to draft a qb. As bad as Fletcher played, with a better qb we still could have won.

Exactly and to be honest we should have blown them out just as we did the first game. We spotted them 7 points with the special teams gaffe at the start. Then after the dismal start we still managed to take the lead only to have Billy Davis screw it up again becuase after the lead he decided it would be smart to leave Fletcher on an island again.

Just as you said Wiz, Sanchez is clearly a backup. I still on on the Foles bandwagon and think in the draft we need to focus on the secondary.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissagree 100%. This isnt 1990, rookie qbs with weapons win football games. Rg3, luck, wilson, kap even sanchez put up quality winning seasons their first few years. A rookie couldnt possibly be worse that what we have seen from the qb position this year.

Not going to get a RGIII or Luck type where you are drafting, Kapernick didnt play until Smith got hurt in his rookie season and Wilson was simply catching lightening in a bottle. Rookie QBs are not ready to play at a Super Bowl winning level. In fact tell me the last rookie QB who won a Super Bowl?

So you are at least two years away by that point the stars on this team like Jason Peters, LeSean McCoy , Evan Mathis are going to be ready for AARP. You have to take your shot next year and it cant be with a rookie QB. It almost has to be with Foles. If not you are going to go through a true tear down an rebuild.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB isn't the problem if Nick Foles is healthy - yeah he had some TO issues this season but he was 5-2 when he got hurt and he was the leader of the offense - now after watching Mark Sanchez for six starts, people will really appreciate Nick for who he is - remember it's also his third year in the league and he's never had a full 16 game season to start so he has to be the starter next year for that alone - give him 16 games and he'll be the guy - losing him and DeMeco were major blows because they were the undisputed leaders of their respective groups - Nick was calm, cool, collected and he could make the big plays that Mark Sanchez doesn't - the deep ball has been extinct since Nick got hurt and now you see the effects of it

They don't need to waste their early picks on QB's or start trading up to get the specific QB's everyone's talking about - that didn't work so well in Washington didn't it?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden sure didn't help the situation.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick in trade is our best somewhat realistic option at QB in 2015 but it seems unlikely they would trade him this offseason. He would be my #1 target, but if we cant get him...I look to the draft. Not gonna get Mariota & wont draft Winston so that leaves Petty as the top prospect? Anyone like the Bama QB, I heard he is pretty damn good.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Brett Hundley.? Seems like he some potential & he does play in the Pac12.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brett Hundley is a very likely possibility. He'll probably go right around our pick.

Alas, I think he's not ready to be an NFL starter.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know for our offense though Chip may not view him as a project.....he runs the read option already.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sanchez is the answer. Though Foles seem expendable as well. Would love to get Winston but that's a pipe dream. Kind of wish they would have just drafted Manziel last year. Instead of wasting the pick on Smith.

The Eagles should give the Browns a couple draft picks for Manziel. Foles and Sanchez are busts.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly would eat Manziel alive.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick in trade is our best somewhat realistic option at QB in 2015 but it seems unlikely they would trade him this offseason. He would be my #1 target, but if we cant get him...I look to the draft. Not gonna get Mariota & wont draft Winston so that leaves Petty as the top prospect? Anyone like the Bama QB, I heard he is pretty damn good.

Have you seen kapernuck play lately the guy is worse than Sanchez

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles should give the Browns a couple draft picks for Manziel. Foles and Sanchez are busts.

Now you are just trolling. Foles was a third round pick. Sanchez was a free agent signed to a one year contract.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I'd hesitate on trading up for Mariota is if it's just a ridiculous asking price (which it likely would be), but not doing it because it didn't work out with RG3 doesn't mean it would play out the same with Mariota. RG3 turned out to be an egomaniac who's quick to throw everyone under the bus and isn't willing to put in the work on sharpening his game (like his footwork and such). Mariota by all accounts is the complete opposite of that. The kid not only has all the tools, but is all about his team and consistently looking to improve his game. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trade up trigger on him if the price isn't out of this world. I like Foles, but he simply doesn't fit this offense as Chip's Offense needs a mobile QB who can throw on the run to run his entire playbook. With Foles being immobile it limits the plays Chip is able to run.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are using the "Seahawk" D to stop our Offense.....

Cover 3 is a run stopping D scheme because you only have 1 deep safety & the SS is up in the box. Makes sense since we have Lesean Mccoy & Chip loves to run the ball.

Since this is a zone coverage with deep safety help, the deep bomb is pretty hard unless you go with 4 verticals and have good blocking. Not something you can do every play but there will be times you can get loose. The key here is good blocking & the QB being able to maneuver the pocket. Something neither Foles or Sanchez are very good at.

The main open area vs this type of scheme is the short outside route by a WR. Problem? Sanchez isnt very good outside the #s and its a well known fact. Foles is only ok there.

To beat this type of scheme, you need a strong armed passer with accuracy in the short game who can also maneuver the pocket well enough to hit the deep ones. We dont have that guy. LG has also been a huge problem area.

Start beating teams outside the numbers & hitting a few deep & teams will have to move on to a different D & wont be able to load up vs the run so much.

Basically...teams respect our run game (McCoy) & deep pass game (Maclin)...but not our short game (QB imo). They figure eventually Sanchez or Foles will make an error & they'd be right.

Chip has got to be seeing the same thing we all are. WE NEED A NEW QB! Thats just as important as getting him. First they better realize they need one.

Last edited by a moderator:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF (and that is a BIG IF) Chip decides to go all out to get Mariota, then I'm OK with 2 #1s + one more pick + Shady. Not giving up Cox or Kendricks for anything. He's better get at least 1 starting CB and Safety in free agency, so we can still add depth to the OL; LB; WR; RB; and secondary -players who have talent.