• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Next QB needs to be...

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Petty.

6'3 230 lbs.
Baylor (RS) Sr.

Good Arm, Great accuracy, Command of the pocket and this kid can find the open receiver.

Flat out he will be the best PLAYER in the upcoming draft, but he will get outshined by the big names like mariotta and possibly Winston.

Petty will begin around a mid 3rd during the Sr bowl and will climb to a late 1st round pick by draft day. We might have to move up to get him but this kid is Aaron Rogers part Deux.

Check him out.

Bryce Petty - Baylor Bears - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

I know this is dallas week but I just finished watching his tape and needed to beat wings to endorsing this kid :suds:

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy fellas

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are reportedly scouting him, our scouts have been spotted at his games. Of course they are also at games for Brett Hundley and several other QBs.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like him but Baylor tends to inflate the qb values a bit.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sanchize > Bryce Petty

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sanchez is the answer. Though Foles seem expendable as well. Would love to get Winston but that's a pipe dream. Kind of wish they would have just drafted Manziel last year. Instead of wasting the pick on Smith.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston?????? Leaf II.

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petty would be great. A definite upgrade over Sanchez, but I'm not sure about Foles. Mariota is the best in the class, but may fizzle out due to being on a horrible team.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speedy your late to the party bro.....been talking about Petty as a perfect fit for us for weeks. in the running college thread we have going at the top of this page.... I'll cut and paste my initial comments here

here is what I said in that thread above
Watching Bryce Petty yet again....There is not a doubt in my mind Bryce Petty could absolutely 100% run Chip Kellys offense...Why do I say that, well watch Baylor play, it looks like Chips offense. Plenty of read option, Bubble screen, WR screens, wheel routes and extremely quick with the reads, and the tempo. Petty shows a big arm, solid accuracy, and the key is the ball is out of his hand quickly.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like him but Baylor tends to inflate the qb values a bit.

RG III for one. Second, the schedule Baylor plays seems to do them - and by extension their QB's - a lot of favours numbers wise...

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speedy your late to the party bro.....been talking about Petty as a perfect fit for us for weeks. in the running college thread we have going at the top of this page.... I'll cut and paste my initial comments here

here is what I said in that thread above
Watching Bryce Petty yet again....There is not a doubt in my mind Bryce Petty could absolutely 100% run Chip Kellys offense...Why do I say that, well watch Baylor play, it looks like Chips offense. Plenty of read option, Bubble screen, WR screens, wheel routes and extremely quick with the reads, and the tempo. Petty shows a big arm, solid accuracy, and the key is the ball is out of his hand quickly.
Damn you wingman! Lol its that time of year for me. Right before bowl season I start watching film on guys. When petty is hot, there isnt a throw he cant make, or a defense that can stop him.

Winston... no thanks, that kid is a headcase. I know head cases when I see them. Aside from all his troubles, immaturity, arrogance permeates through that kid. Hes got trouble written all over him and he seems to not care about how he hurts his team, and will do or say anything to get out of trouble and its very disengenuous.

Mariotta is a biiiiig ? In my book. Im having a hard time seeing his ability to pick out the mismatch, find the open man and throwing guys open.

I dont care about a guys numbers, that means shit to me. Same with marcus smith, numbers looked great, but the tools to succeed at doing the job we need him to do are not showing up on film.

If I had to compare them

Winston = The attitude of a more immature rg3, talent of jeff George.

Mariotta = slightly faster Donovan mcnabb.

Bryce petty = Aaron rogers clone.

Imho

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG III for one. Second, the schedule Baylor plays seems to do them - and by extension their QB's - a lot of favours numbers wise...
No way, baylor isnt exactly Bob leech's TTU. And petty absolutely dismantled the best defense in college football

510 yards, 6 TDs and over 150 qb rating. Petty pretty much strapped that team on his back and put up serious points to come back and win that game.

Trust me bro, petty has it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Petty = Aaron Rogers hmmmm well maybe in college.....I wouldn't quite compare any young QB to Arron Rogers the best QB in the NFL right now.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Petty = Aaron Rogers hmmmm well maybe in college.....I wouldn't quite compare any young QB to Arron Rogers the best QB in the NFL right now.
Potentially I mean. He moves well, and can make some sick throws.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Petty a lot as well for our system ... the problem with QB's is that they always go earlier than they should. It wouldn't shock me at all if Petty end up projected in the late 1st. Would those of you who really like him be fine with him in Round 1?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Petty a lot as well for our system ... the problem with QB's is that they always go earlier than they should. It wouldn't shock me at all if Petty end up projected in the late 1st. Would those of you who really like him be fine with him in Round 1?

Rey - I wouldn't be shocked if he went top 15 in the draft....Blake Bortles was a 3 rounder this time last year....and shot up the boards, and Bridgewater was a high #1 and shot way down the boards. I think Petty is a perfect fit for our offense.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are drafting around pick 23 or 24, I think hes a steal. Id be willing to go up to mid 1st to get him. The only thing keeping this offense from being legendary is the QB position.

Petty in RD1 with foles under the gun is a win/win.

On defense, I think we are only three players away from being elite.

Two corners and a safety.

If we can sign a corner, draft petty, maybe trade for a safety and draft another corner we could have a complete football team.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd be cool with Petty in Rd 1 if he checks out in his private workout (which I'm sure will happen). My questions with him are in taking snaps from Center (which I don't remember ever seeing him do) and how he deals with throws under pressure. I've watched some Baylor games this year, but I will pull up a few more games from now till the draft. We absolutely have to find a QB who fits the system (Sanchez is mediocre at best and Foles is immobile) for Chip's Offense to click on all cylinders. If Petty's that guy then I'm down for doing everything needed to snag him.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd be cool with Petty in Rd 1 if he checks out in his private workout (which I'm sure will happen). My questions with him are in taking snaps from Center (which I don't remember ever seeing him do) and how he deals with throws under pressure. I've watched some Baylor games this year, but I will pull up a few more games from now till the draft. We absolutely have to find a QB who fits the system (Sanchez is mediocre at best and Foles is immobile) for Chip's Offense to click on all cylinders. If Petty's that guy then I'm down for doing everything needed to snag him.

Rey the Cotton Bowl against Mich St will tell us plenty.