• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like the moves so far, but we still need to get help for our young QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good moves to set up a better future. Now we need to focus on getting guys for the offense that will help Fields grow. This year we are not competing for much. 8-8 would be the high side, 4 wins would get us a nice draft pick. Seems were not dollar stupid with the new staff.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Pringle,St.Brown and Lucas are just not gonna cut it.....
With the money saved from Mack,sure would of thought we would have gotten atleast one big name.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is about the future. Were not competing. Get the picks and cap fixed while getting Fields ready for the following season. Pace/Nagy left us screwed, old and no good picks, with bad contracts on guys who will be to old by the time were ready to compete. This season is about getting us out from under. Fresh start the following year. Plus well have some top picks encase Fields needs replaced or top picks to build around him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the money saved from Mack,sure would of thought we would have gotten atleast one big name.....
This was initially my thinking too, but after learning about our cap space for next year, it does kinda make sense that Poles is gearing up for '23

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was initially my thinking too, but after learning about our cap space for next year, it does kinda make sense that Poles is gearing up for '23

Thats understandable,but damn,we cant fill all our needs with a few draft picks.....
It would have been nice too see a big name from freeagency to that can start the process this year and not have to be counted on next season.....
And from what Ive heard,this years draft class is deep with wrs.....
It would be nice if we got a decent olineman in freeagency.....but not sure without looking if theres any decent ones left thats available....
Hate to see JF get killed out there.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats understandable,but damn,we cant fill all our needs with a few draft picks.....
It would have been nice too see a big name from freeagency to that can start the process this year and not have to be counted on next season.....
And from what Ive heard,this years draft class is deep with wrs.....
It would be nice if we got a decent olineman in freeagency.....but not sure without looking if theres any decent ones left thats available....
Hate to see JF get killed out there.....
I didn't want us to splurge on a Davante Adams, but I definitely thought we would land a bigger name than Byron Pringle or St. Brown. I also, like you, thought we would attack the Oline in free agency. In fact, we lost probably our best lineman in Daniels.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want us to splurge on a Davante Adams, but I definitely thought we would land a bigger name than Byron Pringle or St. Brown. I also, like you, thought we would attack the Oline in free agency. In fact, we lost probably our best lineman in Daniels.

I almost knew Davante and Godwin were not coming our way,and most likely Williams was not,but there were a couple of names out there I had thought of,Schuster being one of them......

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost AR, Fields needs somebody to throw to.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're kidding, right? Do you really think "one big name" is going to put the Bears back into the playoffs? If you've paid attention to the last 5 years, they've tried the splashy moves deal with make, trade up for Trubisky and Fields and where exactly has it gotten them? They need to build a team that has depth, and that's most of the problem with the "one big name" as they can get hurt, and do as you saw with Mack and that really leaves a void. The Bears need to build an Oline and get some depth on their D....that is where they should start...and I'm guessing that's where they will...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding, right? Do you really think "one big name" is going to put the Bears back into the playoffs? If you've paid attention to the last 5 years, they've tried the splashy moves deal with make, trade up for Trubisky and Fields and where exactly has it gotten them? They need to build a team that has depth, and that's most of the problem with the "one big name" as they can get hurt, and do as you saw with Mack and that really leaves a void. The Bears need to build an Oline and get some depth on their D....that is where they should start...and I'm guessing that's where they will...
I mean, whatever Pace did - it did get us to the playoffs twice and a division title once. That 2018 team was far from being "one guy" either. That was actually the most well rounded and complete Bears team I've ever seen. They were 12-4 and literally handed away their 4 losses. All coming in the final seconds. No joke, go look at those games. That team could have literally been 16-0 VERY easily. Blew a 20 point lead versus you guys in week 1. Somehow magically figured out how to blow a 14 point lead to Brock Osweiler in Miami and lose on a Cody Parkey miss in overtime. Have Kevin White get tackled on the one as time expired vs New England. Lose another game in overtime that Chase Daniel had to start vs a bad Giants team.

Just... per usual... they didn't have a damn QB and we lost a 16-15 heartbreaker of a playoff game that I don't think many would dispute that we should have won. Just let a Philly team hang around and it burned us. That defense was good on a generational level. Had a really good line that year, ran the ball well, good weapons...

That team was REALLY good and I will always be left wondering what the hell happens if Parkey just sends that kick one more inch to the right.

I definitely do agree that we aren't one good wide receiver from being a playoff team, though. This team, as it stands, sucks. It would take a lot of things going right for the Bears to be a playoff team in 2022.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working on the Oline is a great first step in helping Fields out. Rest can come later.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working on the Oline is a great first step in helping Fields out. Rest can come later.
I honestly thought that if there was any significant action Poles would take to date, it would have been with the OL. I've been on the road this past week, so I'm not sure if we've recently signed anyone, but to my knowledge, so far we've signed one, but also lost one. And yes, I also realize that Poles could be loading up for next year when we're fat & sassy in cap space. Still, I'd have liked to see more action with those who will protect JF this season.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do I really think one big names is gonna put us to the top.....?.......Rome was not built in a day,so they need to start somewheres.....
You dont ttrade away a huge cap hit and not try to redeem something out of it.....
ARob was our best wr and we end up with a lower tier wr......
Mack gets traded,we end up with lesser talent with possible injury......
We need olineman,we got rid of one,and we pick up one with lesser talent.....

Bears need to go thru freeagency to get a couple bigger name players to pick up the void of not much for draft picks,especially with no no.1....

And to get depth,you need starters first,not drop your starters for lesser talent.

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought that if there was any significant action Poles would take to date, it would have been with the OL. I've been on the road this past week, so I'm not sure if we've recently signed anyone, but to my knowledge, so far we've signed one, but also lost one. And yes, I also realize that Poles could be loading up for next year when we're fat & sassy in cap space. Still, I'd have liked to see more action with those who will protect JF this season.

Our latest no name big signing.......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes one big name would do it. If the name was Brady or AR or any top QB. GB has proven that.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really making any head-turning moves in FA. Still have issues on the OLine which need to be addressed.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are gonna stink this year...Just what it is. Hopefully 2023's roster will be better and 2022 will have some positive breakthroughs for Fields.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really making any head-turning moves in FA. Still have issues on the OLine which need to be addressed.

Im guessing they are waiting for the draft fot ol and wr.....JF is probably not happy.

Bears told O-Gun we are not signing you.....

Im with Jiddy,we are gonna suck donkey balls......
Not sure why we cant start part of the process this year rather than wait.....