• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Next QB needs to be...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are using the "Seahawk" D to stop our Offense...

We have only played one teams since the Seahawks game. The Cowboys defense did not stop our offense......Mark Sanchez did. He missed so many open receivers it is not even funny and on top of that we still put up 24 points.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget trading up. Get a CB, S and LB and we'll only need to score 14.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is what they will likely try, for the simple reason that it is easier and safer than trying a trade up. Plus, they probably want to use Foles for one more year and decide whether he can be the guy going forward, since he got hurt this year and has an incomplete grade.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Logic is not any fun here Wiz.....

We had the Seahawks defense we are probably still undefeated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, our d is legit, but not built to be "shut down" like Seattle's is.

We are built to attack the edges and force the action toward the linebackers. Seattle is a rigid across the front, give nothing anywhere type of defense. You dont build defenses like that, they luckily fall in your lap. We do not and will not have a dominant defense like that because its about personality and nastiness.

We can however be top 5 with 2 solid corners, a safety, another MLB, and we need a pig dt. Beau allen is not a nose, he should be on the end next to an immovable rock. Just because hes 320+ doesn't mean he has the game personality to be a nose, he would be a quicker version of ngata if he played end.

But I digress. We NEED a qb, we cannot be and will not be Seattle.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can use the Seahawks D, but they don't have the Seahawks secondary. We should be able to beat teams doing that--if Sanchez doesn't stink up the joint.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, our d is legit, but not built to be "shut down" like Seattle's is.

Both the Green Bay game and this last Dallas game showed that the secondary NEEDS to be fixed in order for it to be legit in the first place. Or at least legit enough to be competitive come playoff time.

[/quote]
We can however be top 5 with 2 solid corners, a safety, another MLB, and we need a pig dt. Beau allen is not a nose, he should be on the end next to an immovable rock. Just because hes 320+ doesn't mean he has the game personality to be a nose, he would be a quicker version of ngata if he played end.

But I digress. We NEED a qb, we cannot be and will not be Seattle.[/QUOTE]

And with the paragraph above, you already are stating the defense is NOT legit.

Second, simply count the needs you have mentioned there - even without DT, which I think is about the LEAST of our problems on defense.

With the defense as is, you only have a shot if you have a top tier QB (Andrew Luck minimum). Unfortunately those rarely if ever appear on the FA market, and for the foreseeable future they will NOT be available to us in the draft, unless you pull a Redskins - and then still you have to have luck with Mariota panning out, and the rest of the team NOT collapsing within the next 4 seasons (since you WILL lack higher draft picks needed to fix holes there).

So the sole solution dictated by circumstances is see whatever you can get at QB in the draft or FA, and plug holes elsewhere. The needs as I see them (not necessarily in the correct order):

QB: Unless Foles had a really bad year this year - and it is the anomaly - he is NOT the long term answer. Sanchez has shown he is not. Which means drafting a QB is pretty much mandatory - which sucks, since pickings seem slim in the draft.

OG: I am willing to gamble that Jason Peters will survive for one more season at least. Herremans is all but done, Mathis is getting there in age as well, and somehow seems to have more hick-ups as well. Waiting another season with addressing the O-line is IMHO not an option. Gardner is doing okay, but he seems to have too many f-ups. A somewhat 'cheat' - if a top level OT prospect is available where we pick - would be to pick that OT, have him play RG, and when Peterson declines/retires have him or Johnson slide over to LT (and in the latter case move him to RT).

OLB: Cole might be gone after this season, and these last few games has looked plain bad... It is unfortunate, but I think age is catching up with him. Which leaves Barwin and - if resigned - Graham as adequate to good starters. First on the depth chart behind them would probably be Marcus Smith. Something which does NOT instill confidence. If Graham and Cole are both gone, we immediately have a glaring hole there...

ILB: Age is catching up with Ryans - assuming he can get back from this injury in the first place - which was seen even before he went down, apart from the fact that he might be a salary cap casualty. Mathews and Acho are adequate at best, but a liability on coverage. Not sure I would be happy with Goode as starter either.

CB: CB is an utter disaster. Fletcher and Williams are clearly limited, and might be gone after this season. They have clearly shown NOT to be the answer. Boykin has looked bad way too often this season, and Carroll does not seem to be the answer. Worst case scenario - and I think we are pretty close to that - is that we currently have ONE marginal starting outside CB, and ONE adequate at best nickle and dime CB. That is it.

S: That Nate Allen is a starter on the Eagles is as much an indictment on the rest of the safeties in the rest of this league as much as anything else. Jenkins, after his very hot start, has looked rather average of late. Allen (and Jenkins) lack the ability to play in the scheme against top level WR's with the CB's we have. It is patently clear what the coaches think of the other safeties on the roster. The limitations of Allen and Jenkins are only exposed even more by the limitations of our CB's.

So by my count the needs are (at a minimum):

QB: 1
OLB: 1
ILB: 1
OG: 1
CB: 3
S: 1

So 8 serious needs I think are there... and depending on FA it might even get far worse (D-line depth).