• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Cap Runneth Over

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3 million over.

Yes, you can carry an overage in the offseason. Yes they can recoup 4.9 million for Pronger on LTIR.

Hexy inherited a mess of a cap situation for the next couple of seasons. They Flyers need to shed the Vinny, or Grossmann's contract this year just to have cap flexibility.

Is it time to stop trying to move Vinny and look to move someone else to get relief? No one is willing to take on Vinny's four years without the Flyers eating up to half the contract and possible add a pick. Grossmann may actually be able to be moved for picks or less expensive player in return with no money being eaten. Or Coburn...who could bring in more parts in return at much less $$$.

Balancing Act.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone hates the idea, but, at this point, I'd probably give a mid round pick if a team is willing to eat Vinny's entire salary in a trade. It will suck short term, but will benefit us later.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per the cap article that was posted yesterday they need to be at the max during training camp to take full advantage of ltir so they may feel no need to do anything now. I'm sure teams will have injuries and come calling for help later on. Remember the saying sell high....