• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU RB Charged - Faces 1 Year in Prison

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making assumptions again. Supposedly someone in his group made a gay slur. We don't know if it was him. She initiated the physical contact. She committed assault first. The fact that the DA is pussing out on pressing charges on her as well is the cop out.

Did you skim over the parts where I said:

Bad move; she was wrong; her push and slap warrant misdemeanor charge; etc...??? I said all if those in one post.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making assumptions again. Supposedly someone in his group made a gay slur. We don't know if it was him. She initiated the physical contact. She committed assault first. The fact that the DA is pussing out on pressing charges on her as well is the cop out.

You have been saying that for weeks about this very subject. How many time did you tell Hizzle he was "assuming" Mixon hit her? Given the charges and the video it is probably time you stopped. Kid committed a horrible act. As a fan it is possible to defend the kid, but condemn the act. You don't lose your fanhood by being reasonable.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been saying that for weeks about this very subject. How many time did you tell Hizzle he was "assuming" Mixon hit her? Given the charges and the video it is probably time you stopped. Kid committed a horrible act. As a fan it is possible to defend the kid, but condemn the act. You don't lose your fanhood by being reasonable.

I don't get your point. I've already stated he messed up big time and should at the very least be red shirted this season, have to do counseling, community service, and spend lots of time with the strength and conditioning coach.

Everything up to this point has been an assumption. Tell me how I'm wrong. Now we've seen the investigators report and it's clear he did hit her. He did go overboard, and he was in the wrong, as was the girl, but he escalated it to an unacceptable level. However, none of us know exactly what lead to the altercation. The reports are it was started by a gay slur. We don't know for certain if it was him. The girl was intoxicated, and may have assumed it was him. Maybe it was. If so, dumb move. Reports also indicate she called him a n***er. Just as bad, and if she did its understandable that might elicit an emotional response from him.

I'm making no excuses for this kid. He messed up at every pass. He had no business being out at 2am. Nothing good happens then. If he indeed was the one who uttered the supposed gay slur, dumb move again. Screwed up yet again when he let whatever she said elicit an emotional response from him. By that time, it should've been obvious the situation was going downhill fast and he should've removed himself from the situation. Lastly, he made a huge mistake in escalating the physical response to her slap. A push, or open hand slap in response would've been a mistake too (though deserved), but to cold cock her like that was just not acceptable. He deserves some repercussions for his actions, but so does she. I don't believe this 18 year old kid's college football career that hasn't even started should be brought to a screeching halt. He screwed up and should face consequences, but use it as a teaching moment.

In any event, I said from the start just sit back and wait for the facts to come out before passing judgement. That's what I did and now that the facts have come out I've assessed what I feel is a fair judgement of the situation. Would you disagree?

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get your point. I've already stated he messed up big time and should at the very least be red shirted this season, have to do counseling, community service, and spend lots of time with the strength and conditioning coach.

Everything up to this point has been an assumption. Tell me how I'm wrong. Now we've seen the investigators report and it's clear he did hit her. He did go overboard, and he was in the wrong, as was the girl, but he escalated it to an unacceptable level. However, none of us know exactly what lead to the altercation. The reports are it was started by a gay slur. We don't know for certain if it was him. The girl was intoxicated, and may have assumed it was him. Maybe it was. If so, dumb move. Reports also indicate she called him a n***er. Just as bad, and if she did its understandable that might elicit an emotional response from him.

I'm making no excuses for this kid. He messed up at every pass. He had no business being out at 2am. Nothing good happens then. If he indeed was the one who uttered the supposed gay slur, dumb move again. Screwed up yet again when he let whatever she said elicit an emotional response from him. By that time, it should've been obvious the situation was going downhill fast and he should've removed himself from the situation. Lastly, he made a huge mistake in escalating the physical response to her slap. A push, or open hand slap in response would've been a mistake too (though deserved), but to cold cock her like that was just not acceptable. He deserves some repercussions for his actions, but so does she. I don't believe this 18 year old kid's college football career that hasn't even started should be brought to a screeching halt. He screwed up and should face consequences, but use it as a teaching moment.

In any event, I said from the start just sit back and wait for the facts to come out before passing judgement. That's what I did and now that the facts have come out I've assessed what I feel is a fair judgement of the situation. Would you disagree?

It was beyond that. It was clear the moment his lawyer claimed self-defense that he used force against a woman, despite the "assumption" claims. Doesn't matter, season is here shortly. Time to move on to football arguments

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was beyond that. It was clear the moment his lawyer claimed self-defense that he used force against a woman, despite the "assumption" claims. Doesn't matter, season is here shortly. Time to move on to football arguments

Yes, I did not deny that he did use force once that happened. At that point my question was what level of force he used and whether it was justified. In this case, it was clearly excessive. The "assumption" claims were appropriate because none of us knew exactly how the events unfolded, but plenty (especially your fellow horns) had already determined exactly what happened and were prepared to be judge, jury, and executioner without waiting for the facts to come out.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Mixon being held accountable and paying a reasonable price for his transgression. No problem at all. What does bother me is she is getting off scot-free.

1. She is a serial drug user and that is against the law in Oklahoma.
2. And she is still a minor insofar as legally using alcohol.
3. She currently has two open cases in Cleveland County.
4. She was found guilty of using fake identification.
5. She is currently in violation of a previous court order.

If I had all 5 of those facts going against me, I laid a hand on another person first (for whatever reason) and also called them a racial slur, you can bet your sweet ass the DA would have hit me with something in this situation.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Mixon being held accountable and paying a reasonable price for his transgression. No problem at all. What does bother me is she is getting off scot-free.

1. She is a serial drug user and that is against the law in Oklahoma.
2. And she is still a minor insofar as legally using alcohol.
3. She currently has two open cases in Cleveland County.
4. She was found guilty of using fake identification.
5. She is currently in violation of a previous court order.

If I had all 5 of those facts going against me, I laid a hand on another person first (for whatever reason) and also called them a racial slur, you can bet your sweet ass the DA would have hit me with something in this situation.

Damn, with all that going against her the guys should have just pulled her in the alley and gang raped her because she clearly deserves something like that given her history.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing he is only being charged with what the DA believes he has the best chance at getting a conviction on.

Mixon was struck first. She initiated the physical altercation.

How long does the physical altercation continue if he merely pushes her away or slaps her back (i.e. uses constraint)? Would others have jumped in to assist her had he not dropped her and ended the confrontation?

If anything this should tell you that you can NEVER win against a female. The longer you stay in the confrontation, the more likely you are going to get into trouble. There are double standards regarding verbal, mental, emotional, and physical abuses.
A victim card for a female is a powerful weapon for "You poor little thing". A victim card for a male = "Suck it up you Pussy".

As a male, Mixon should have taken her verbal and physical abuses, tucked tail, ran, and faced the humiliation from others as being a wimp. She of course would have been lauded as a tough chick for making a tough athlete back down and run.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this chick hot?

If so, has Larry Flynt been contacted?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man they grow the boys up in Oklahoma to be a bunch of weak ass women beating pussies. Where I am from you don't hit girls. They are the weaker sex and you don't hit them. No if, thens, or buts. A real man never hits a girl. Much less crushes her face. LoL at the pussy boys defending that trash kid just bc he plays football. You guys are pa-thetic.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this chick hot?

If so, has Larry Flynt been contacted?

amelia-rae-molitor.jpg

w300-a279a20f50bbea24e6f6c7c859769714.jpg

4333678_G.jpg

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry needs to do work.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man they grow the boys up in Oklahoma to be a bunch of weak ass women beating pussies. Where I am from you don't hit girls. They are the weaker sex and you don't hit them. No if, thens, or buts. A real man never hits a girl. Much less crushes her face. LoL at the pussy boys defending that trash kid just bc he plays football. You guys are pa-thetic.

No ifs, ANDS, or buts, you flaming moron.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, with all that going against her the guys should have just pulled her in the alley and gang raped her because she clearly deserves something like that given her history.

:lame:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck off. You're just trying to start shit, you keyboard tough guy white knight.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.acjic.alabama.gov/file-2013_domestic.pdf

Domestic violence was indicated in 3,186 offenses reported. 2,872 were aggravated assaults.
79% of the victims were females, and 21% were males. 52% of the victims were black, and 48% were white. In 79% the offender was male.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L Ohh, that SEC edukashen.....