• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTL/ESPN Magazine: Pats sent team employees into opponent's locker room to steal play sheets + more

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Roger Goodell straight away said that the league did not ask the Patriots to dismiss the ball boys, and it was the Patriots decision only.

But according to Pats fans, Goodell hates the Patriots and he is a liar, so that means nothing, right?
they

werent

fired

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, Goodell dropped the hammer on Brady and Belichick on Deflategate because he gave them a pass on Spygate and they cheated again. The details of Spygate in the ESPN story are awesome:

"During games, Adams sat in the coaches' box, with binoculars and notes of decoded signals, wearing a headset with a direct audio line to Belichick. Whenever Adams saw an opposing coach's signal he recognized, he'd say something like, "Watch for the Two Deep Blitz," and either that information was relayed to Brady or a play designed specifically to exploit the defense was called. A former Patriots employee who was directly involved in the taping system says "it helped our offense a lot," especially in divisional games in which there was a short amount of time between the first and second matchups, making it harder for opposing coaches to change signals."
"a former patriots employee"

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in a letter written by Troy Vincent.

So YES, Goodell was lying (again)
And YES, this is a great example on how misinformation stays, stays and stays.

Thanks for being that example..

Makes sense that Goodell would lie on national radio heard by the whole country. Btw, let me know when you find in the letter by Vincent that "the league asked the Patriots to suspend their employees".

Thanks for being delusional.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense that Goodell would lie on national radio heard by the whole country. Btw, let me know when you find in the letter by Vincent that "the league asked the Patriots to suspend their employees".

well, at least youre smart enough to say they were suspended and not fired.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you heard but there are some problems in the middle east too. I know....shocking? Where are the news outlets with this stuff?[/QUOTE]

Uh.. everywhere?? there's coverage about problems in the middle-east every single day, all over the place....

...methinks you'd have been better off NOT using that as your bright and shining example to prove a "point". . .

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? He has before. Rice Rice? He's basically been called a liar by Federal judges.

These two cannot be reinstated without the leagues permission.. Kind of odd for a "team" action.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you missed the sarcasm aspect of that post

:burt:

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? He has before. Rice Rice? He's basically been called a liar by Federal judges.

These two cannot be reinstated without the leagues permission.. Kind of odd for a "team" action.

Is he lying here? Pretty much doubt it. Hear his interview on Mike and Mike. He was pretty straight forward when asked about this. Mike and Mike and Cris Carter were surprised when they heard that. Maybe, sometimes misinformation does not always pertain to the Patriots.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read all of this thread so apologize if this has already been posted

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he lying here? Pretty much doubt it. Hear his interview on Mike and Mike. He was pretty straight forward when asked about this. Mike and Mike and Cris Carter were surprised when they heard that. Maybe, sometimes misinformation does not always pertain to the Patriots.

Well he has lied before, repeatedly, to the press, in the media and in court. so what can I say?

Adam Schefter of ESPN later reported that the suspensions came at the request of the league, but Goodell denied that on Tuesday.

“Absolutely not. That was a decision by the Patriots,” Goodell said.

If it were merely a team decision, it’s a bit hard to reconcile the league’s reference to the two men in their release outlining the punishments against the Patriots and Tom Brady in May. The league said that neither Jastremski nor McNally is eligible to be reinstated without the prior approval of the league, which isn’t usually the case when it comes to team-issued discipline.

Maybe we are in the realm of legalistic double-speak but if we're going to give Goodell such benefit of the doubt why not Tom "The Anointed One" Brady? Why is he less trustworthy than Goodell?

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has lied before, repeatedly, to the press, in the media and in court. so what can I say?

Maybe we are in the realm of legalistic double-speak but if we're going to give Goodell such benefit of the doubt why not Tom "The Anointed One" Brady? Why is he less trustworthy than Goodell?

Where are we giving Brady less benefit of doubt?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read all of this thread so apologize if this has already been posted

98.5 had ben volin on today

he had a lot of interesting things to say about "coincidence" of this new news.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Brady lied?

For deflategate? Or are you asking about something related to Spygate?

Regarding deflategate, I think Brady knew about the deflation, probably did not "order" the balls to be under legal limit but to be as low as possible. I just can't believe that one of the most influential people in the org had no idea about this at all.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For deflategate? Or are you asking about something related to Spygate?

Regarding deflategate, I think Brady knew about the deflation, probably did not "order" the balls to be under legal limit but to be as low as possible. I just can't believe that one of the most influential people in the org had no idea about this at all.

HAH! Well we agree on that! I think along those lines as well.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Illustrated is getting in on the action and now reporting that several teams contacted the Seahawks before the Super Bowl to warn them about the Patriots cheating and giving them helpful hints on what to watch out for. Seattle then hired a staff just for checking campuses that the players would be practicing, checking flight records, and checking those on staff to make sure they were not Patriot spies. Man the rest of the league does not like New England.

In other words, Seattle was spying on the Patriots, tracking their every move, and still couldn't beat them.