• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon snow just took control of the wildlings

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is a book spoiler/reference please don't drop any more "hints".

I am not really even sure what Mattola meant by "taking control of the wildlings".:noidea: I guess he was referring to the final scene. Yeah, kinda surprising.

No more "hints". Promise, on my oath as a Brother of the Night's Watch.

But I will say this. I am really looking forward to this Season. :clap: I particularly like the Imp and Spider plot line.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Danerys looked awfully young last night. Maybe it was the new hair style :noidea:. She looked much younger than she has in the past few Seasons.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a boring hour of television.

I kept picturing Nonis' head on top of Mance's burning body, and Brian Burke's head on top of Jon Snow's when he arrowed him, much in the same way Burkie is going to save Nonis by hiring him for a role on the Flames.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Danerys looked awfully young last night. Maybe it was the new hair style :noidea:. She looked much younger than she has in the past few Seasons.

I thought so too. Particularly when she was in bed talking to the Dutch guy she looked practically underage to me.

That was a boring hour of television.

Yep, I agree. I like it but its not my favorite show. To me there are 3-4 really good episodes a season and the rest are fair to bad. Last nights was not a good one.

Then I followed it by watching Mad Men which was little better. Yes, lets spend more time focused on Megan's family.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree. I like it but its not my favorite show. To me there are 3-4 really good episodes a season and the rest are fair to bad. Last nights was not a good one.
Pretty much my thoughts. There were a few more episodes in the early seasons that I dug but last year and (so far) this first ep has been pretty un-engaging to me.

Then I followed it by watching Mad Men which was little better. Yes, lets spend more time focused on Megan's family.
LMAO This! I scream for joy when her mother shows up on the show. Combining it with Roger's moustache is a stroke of genius.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany's scenes have always been my least favorite and I think I know why, she's pretty much the only one that doesn't have comedic relief/quick talking characters. Stannis at least has the Onion Knight, Kings Landing has plenty of smart asses, Baelish, the Hound, the supporting Night's Watch, etc. They all have somebody to lessen the tension or liven up a scene. Dany doesn't really have that supporting character.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany's scenes have always been my least favorite and I think I know why, she's pretty much the only one that doesn't have comedic relief/quick talking characters. Stannis at least has the Onion Knight, Kings Landing has plenty of smart asses, Baelish, the Hound, the supporting Night's Watch, etc. They all have somebody to lessen the tension or liven up a scene. Dany doesn't really have that supporting character.

To add to that, Tyrion and Varys could injust some much needed life into this story arc.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just that perv Jorah who is old enough to be her grandfather.

But you are right. All of Dany's scenes are very 'heavy'. All business with that young lady. Hell, even after Dario just finishes rolling off of her, they get all serious about opening fighting pits.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the 1st season, I found her lunatic brother Viserys (a.k.a. Mad King Jr.) to be very amusing in a despicable sort of way. I loved how condescending he was to basically everyone, but especially towards the Dothraki culture, and his irrational sense of entitlement. Drogo was okay too but always thought that character was a bit over-rated.
Jorah, Selmy, and Grey Worm are also okay. I really don't care for Daario at all but it seems he's intended to be the closest thing to comic relief out of all her councillors, especially with the new actor.

I find her entire Merreen storyline to be pretty boring in general. Great, she freed some slaves. Didn't she do that twice already? But they are building towards something and her storyline should get much more interesting this season, especially towards the end. Keep an eye on Hizdar zo Loraq. I'm interested to see how this character develops on TV. I wouldn't expect much comic relief from him though.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent point! Lord Friend Zone didn't have a lot of witty one liners.

513c9ba2ac9021fac4257e9bbe6623bc.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really enjoyed last night's episode. Some really cool scenes, they covered a lot of ground with that one and a lot of wheels have been set in motion.

- Love having Bronn back, especially teaming up with Jaime? That is likely going to become my favorite storyline.

- Arya's trip looks like it is going to pay dividends.

- Khaleesi needing protection after her ruling was a cool, well done scene. Seeing Drogon at the end was also a nice touch.

- I could watch an entire season of Varys and Tyrion going back and forth

- Brienne effing shit up was also fun to watch, and Sansa has fallen completely under Littlefinger's spell

-Jon Snow passing up on becoming Lord of Winterfell, gotta be tough, the election was predictable but still awesome. Sam's speech was well done.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Oh and Cersei's making enemies on the council now, liked that Tywin's brother was every bit as quick witted and unimpressed by Cersei as he was.

All around, excellent episode in my opinion.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is all the sexy this season? The fuck you think I'm watching for HBO, the mayor from The Wire's creepy smirk?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Khaleesi needing protection after her ruling was a cool, well done scene. Seeing Drogon at the end was also a nice touch.

that was some great symbolism .. yes he was back ... but she couldnt control him or stop him from flying away ... just like she cant control what is happening in Meereen

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really enjoyed last night's episode. Some really cool scenes, they covered a lot of ground with that one and a lot of wheels have been set in motion.

- Love having Bronn back, especially teaming up with Jaime? That is likely going to become my favorite storyline.

- Arya's trip looks like it is going to pay dividends.

- I could watch an entire season of Varys and Tyrion going back and forth

- Brienne effing shit up was also fun to watch, and Sansa has fallen completely under Littlefinger's spell

-Jon Snow passing up on becoming Lord of Winterfell, gotta be tough, the election was predictable but still awesome. Sam's speech was well done.

Littlefinger is the only person who has shown to actually care about her. She has no one left. I don't think it is as much of his spell as it is her seeing it as her finally being in a place to have a future that's not of torment.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Littlefinger is the only person who has shown to actually care about her. She has no one left. I don't think it is as much of his spell as it is her seeing it as her finally being in a place to have a future that's not of torment.

Touche.