• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to save some time...

-Game of Thrones is awesome
-Jeff uses "your" when referring to "you are"
-Everyone loves Tyrion
-Most of us want to fuck most of the hot actresses in the series

If time is money. You owe me like $17.40. I accept PayPal.

There are some hot ones for sure but I bet my pick for one of the most attractive would not be who most people would pick. I think Mama Stark is very attractive. Now if I was going to be stranded on an island with one of them I may not choose her, I might choose someone younger and hotter, but I do like her.

I might choose the giant too, she could grab coconuts from the trees without leaving the ground. Handy.

I don't think its awesome. Overall I liked it, some of them a lot, but some I found slow and dull.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. That is debatable.

Agreed.

And it still wasn't a spoiler. There's absolutely nothing plot related to take away from what I just said, trust me, they still have no idea who is going to win, who is going to die, who is NOT going to die...
\

And new POV characters arrive in the later books, so if they're still early on in the series they don't even know who's a POV character and who isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Everyone loves Tyrion

Oh. And Sly learned the hard way to stay away from the fan sites if you haven't finished the books.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Everyone loves Tyrion

Your going to meet you're end for those comments.

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit that is really far away. 8 freaking months wow

Yeah, but as a series junkie there's always good stuff to watch :) Summer times are slow but there are a few shows I follow.. Weeds, Workaholics and Futurama... and of course I'm reading the books as well.. 250 pages into A Storm Of Swords: Steel and Snow

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost done with A Clash of Kings. When I get to A Storm of Swords, I will not be able to put it down because it will all be new. It has taken me many months just to finish the first two. I guarantee I will be done with A Storm of Swords in under a month.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the fan sites will murder your experience.

My parents have the book series. Didn't want to spoil anything, so I didn't glance at any of the text, but they did have an interesting appendix with notes and such. Thought I'd learn a little bit more about the Game of Thrones universe, and before I know it, I've read about one of the main character's deaths.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost done with A Clash of Kings. When I get to A Storm of Swords, I will not be able to put it down because it will all be new. It has taken me many months just to finish the first two. I guarantee I will be done with A Storm of Swords in under a month.

I'm in the same boat. Watched the series before I started the books, so everything in these first two is basically old hat, sans a few differences between the books and show. I'm around page 600 of Storm of Swords and I'm just trying to push through the last few hundred pages so I can get into some new material.