• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo awaz, I plan on reading a lot this summer. How do you like that Kindle thing? Is it worth it? As far as storage, battery life. I'll prolly be hitting the beach a lot on the weekends and just read... I figure one of these things may be a good investment.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another to that list. Storm of Swords is FANTASTIC. 1-3 are superbly plotted - and while many fans hate on Feast, I think the writing is top-notch.

Yeah, there's been some real fanboy hate for Feast and Dance, but I liked them. Not as much as Storm, but the story is still awesome.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only like 25% of the way through the first book. The reading is indeed very good. Hoping I can try and finish this book before Sunday. I can't believe APril 1st is almost here. :dance:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo awaz, I plan on reading a lot this summer. How do you like that Kindle thing? Is it worth it? As far as storage, battery life. I'll prolly be hitting the beach a lot on the weekends and just read... I figure one of these things may be a good investment.

its awesome. i have the kindle fire and it has my book on there obviously, plus it can do internet browsing and amazon's version of the itunes store.. that has tv shows and movies and stuff.. and a lot of the tv shows are 'free' if you have an amazon prime membership ($70/yr).. i actually didn't mean to have the latter, i guess i got signed up for it automatically after buying some school books.. but its pretty cool too.. watched the first 3 seasons of 24 in the past couple months

i think its about to get even better too.. there's an app that apparently lets your kindle act as a touch-screen external monitor for a computer.. the reviews were pretty good for it, i haven't tried it out yet though.. but from my understanding, you can basically access your computer anywhere you have a wireless connection and it runs off your computer so you can run anything you want

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 500 pages into the first book. I watched the first season last year but I want to catch up reading the first book now before season two starts. I got the weekend to finish :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOMORROW! OMG! OMG! OMG!

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of Thrones is a good series, George RR Martin is a fag though, I lost interest in this story waiting years for him to produce A Dance with Dragons, Good Author poor planner. I may pick up the last book and finish it, but I don't want to have to re read the rest to refresh my mind..

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of Thrones is a good series, George RR Martin is a fag though, I lost interest in this story waiting years for him to produce A Dance with Dragons, Good Author poor planner. I may pick up the last book and finish it, but I don't want to have to re read the rest to refresh my mind..

Yea, I just started reading the series... I heard he has huge gaps between books.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. R. R. Tolkien > Everyone

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book 3 is a tour de force. From a plot standpoint, there are not too many books that could stand up to it. You'll literally say holy shit/what the fuck or some variation with almost every page.

Also, as much as i love these books, i agree no one comes close to tolkien. Even grr martin would agree with that.

But here's the thing, why does everything always have to be compared to something else? Why not just enjoy/not enjoy something on its own merit. If its well written and entertaining,why can't it just stop at that?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, I know you havent seen all of Season One, but have you witnesses the season two trailers yet?

Or anyone for that matter? These trailers are bad ass.

Eh....not my thing. I mean, if I had HBO I'd probably watch it if there was nothing else on, but..... I don't, so I won't. lol

Enjoy bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book 3 is a tour de force. From a plot standpoint, there are not too many books that could stand up to it. You'll literally say holy shit/what the fuck or some variation with almost every page.

Also, as much as i love these books, i agree no one comes close to tolkien. Even grr martin would agree with that.

But here's the thing, why does everything always have to be compared to something else? Why not just enjoy/not enjoy something on its own merit. If its well written and entertaining,why can't it just stop at that?

I agree with this. I dont think it is possible to top Tolkien's work. I am enjoying this series very much so far, though I am still on the first book.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh....not my thing. I mean, if I had HBO I'd probably watch it if there was nothing else on, but..... I don't, so I won't. lol

Enjoy bro.

Anything well written having to do with "fantasy", I am all about.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, I was just pointing out that Orson Scott Card is a better fantasy writer, not taking nothing away from Martin, Fire and Ice is a great series. I think he just turned a lot of readers off by his long gaps between books, Dance of Dragons took forever though. I think I already know how the end turns out, I'm Sure Daenarys(sp) and John Stark end up being the Heroes somehow, Never know though, He seemed to kill off every one else,lol.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Natlie Dormer is so fucking hot. Mmm... mmm... mmm.