• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont particularly like dany chapters, but holy shit does she show up for season finales (though, that read a lot more intense)

i suspect i'll have both the 3rd and 4th books done by next season, so ill be ahead of the game rather than right along with it

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I read A Clash of Kings, because otherwise this episode wouldn't have made much sense at all.

Why is there no Roose or Ramsay Bolton in the show? The burning of Winterfell must seem like a giant WTF to a non-reader.

Why is there no Jojen and Meera or Bran/Summer story?

What is up with the non-canon Robb getting married crap? Unless they just skipped farther along in the story than I've read, I don't know where they're going with this.

I don't really like the way they fucked with the Jon/Halfhand story either.

i think they must know that a lot of these "endings" wouls not make much sense right now. i think as readers we are actually a bit more confused because we know what is supposed to happen. in some wierd way, that knowledge is actually more cumbersome as we try to fit what we have seen into this box.

but if we think of this from a different perspective, as only the season finale of a stand alone tv show, and we think of all these questions from that context, you could imagine that these are all meant to be vague, leaving you guessing heading into next season, as that curiosity should hopefully bring you back to find out

1) who did burn winterfell and where are they now? and what of theon?

2) what exactly are john's intentions? in the book it is even not 100% clear even when we have his pov. the show could be more interesting from a drama standpoint if we have no idea. is he really a traitor?

3) i actually think the robb stuff makes more sense. in the book he just disappears for several chapters thn randomly comes back married with some cockamamie story to explain it all. i like seeing it happen (not to mention that oona is hot).

anyway, i guess the point is i am willing to suspend my book knowledge to see where this goes...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when seasons end. No hockey. No Game of Thrones. :pout:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a long Summer. I can't wait till I can utter the words "Winter is coming".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they must know that a lot of these "endings" wouls not make much sense right now. i think as readers we are actually a bit more confused because we know what is supposed to happen. in some wierd way, that knowledge is actually more cumbersome as we try to fit what we have seen into this box.

but if we think of this from a different perspective, as only the season finale of a stand alone tv show, and we think of all these questions from that context, you could imagine that these are all meant to be vague, leaving you guessing heading into next season, as that curiosity should hopefully bring you back to find out

1) who did burn winterfell and where are they now? and what of theon?

2) what exactly are john's intentions? in the book it is even not 100% clear even when we have his pov. the show could be more interesting from a drama standpoint if we have no idea. is he really a traitor?

3) i actually think the robb stuff makes more sense. in the book he just disappears for several chapters thn randomly comes back married with some cockamamie story to explain it all. i like seeing it happen (not to mention that oona is hot).

anyway, i guess the point is i am willing to suspend my book knowledge to see where this goes...

Good post, makes sense

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Walker: "Sam Tarly, you fat pansy, you don't deserve death by my blade."

Honestly though, I can't fucking wait to finish the reading before next season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has not read the books, I was a bit confused by the Winterfell scenes. I assumed the Iron Islands guys burned it on their way out, but then where were the 500 men that were supposed to take it? So I kind of overlooked that.

The Jon Snow angle is pretty easy to understand. He said 1 man inside the army is worth 1000 fighting against it, so he'll probably try to take it down from the inside.

Curious to see how Tyrion rebounds from the current setbacks.

If I'm the King of Qarth I'm trying to escape once I see what they're doing. Wouldn't you rather die fighting and hopefully get a quick death rather than the drawn out death of starving to death in the dark?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luv the finale. The Dragon lady is 2/2 on endings...

WhiteWalkers!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the king of Qarth... how appropiate.... just saying.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luv the finale. The Dragon lady is 2/2 on endings...

WhiteWalkers!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the king of Qarth... how appropiate.... just saying.

sucks that chick had to go though.. she's attractive..

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is smoking hot.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, poor Sansa. Got the shaft on that deal. Should have gone with The Hound when she had the chance.

well, she was happy to get out of the deal, until she realized that joffrey is gonna fuck her anyway, figuratively and literally.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joffrey can't handle the new to be queen.... she's going to fuck him with his sceptor.

or have her brother fuck him....

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, poor Sansa. Got the shaft on that deal. Should have gone with The Hound when she had the chance.

Yeah, I think she was just fine with it. I actually thought that Sersei (sp?) was doing her a huge favor and showed a little kindness for maybe the first time ever. Especially with how she talked about the life of being queen in a loveless marriage in the previous episode.

Alright, since the season is over, who are your top 3 GOT hotties?

1. Margaery (new queen) - such a beauty, great eyes
2. Woman in red - although be careful of what can come out of that va-jay-jay
3. Cersei - probably up for just about anything

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Robb's Girl
2. Girl dying in the safe, jhiqui maybe? i think thats the other handmaiden though
3. Margaery

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, overlooked part of the episode, was how Jamie casually said how he could probably overpower and have his way with her. No big deal.

Last edited by a moderator: