• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I thought it felt like that. At the same time the use of the dragon didn't seem "fair" and I wanted it stopped but I also didn't want it to be killed.....

Kinda like Secretariat at the Belmont.

#unfair

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have any grasp on Littlefinger's angle? He's obviously up to something but with each new variable (and Bran the mind reader) it seems like any gameplan he had needs to change on the fly. He lingered quite a bit during that Briene/Arya sparring session.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Sansa-Arya reunion. I thought it was well written and acted. Both have changed so much since Season 1 and Kings Landing, but when they first meet, they default to their last memories of each other. Totally correct. Eventually they hug it out. Awesome. And Littlefinger thinks he has everything right where he wants it. He has no idea what Arya is capable of, and is just getting a glimpse of what Bran knows or might know. The Winterfell scenes may be short on excitement, but will be long on drama and suspense!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She left him behind and was a little cold about it. So yeah, I think its possible :noidea:

I've been thinking since last season that we haven't seen the last of Daario. Otherwise they probably just kill him off. I was really glad that the gold made it to King's Landing and that they'll be doing more business with the Iron Bank because if Daario comes back I want him to go against Daenerys. Would have been lame if the Iron Bank backed Daenerys and she decides to hire him.

Cersei also mentioned putting more money into her navy. Why? Euron seems to be getting the job done. Could be that she is already looking ahead to when she needs to take Euron out. I wonder if we'll see Davos' old buddy Salladhor Saan make a return.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have any grasp on Littlefinger's angle? He's obviously up to something but with each new variable (and Bran the mind reader) it seems like any gameplan he had needs to change on the fly. He lingered quite a bit during that Briene/Arya sparring session.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either. Does he really think he still has a chance with Sansa? That was always a long shot at best, she still is angry about his betrayal, and she is stronger now. Then again, he did spend his life pining after his mother, so it's kind of his thing.

Long term I imagine he takes on a role to her similar to Gary on Veep.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode! I'm sure nitpickers will mention a few things at the end (where did Bronn come from? How did the lake get so deep suddenly....alright I guess I just did), but that was fantastic!

Is it just me or did Daenerys seem like the antagonist in that last sequence? They didn't give her a line, had her go up against fan favorite Bronn, semi fan favorite Jaime, and they even built up Sam's brother a bit to be a likeable guy. Not to mention she ignored the advice of the 2 other main protagonists. She seems like she could pull an Episode 3 Anakin Skywalker and turn to the dark side! I don't see it happening but would love it if she did.

I also really enjoyed the episode overall... except the ending.

Was Jaime's death certain? Or are they leaving it open? If they were filming a death sequence, it should have been longer and more definitive. If they were trying to leave it open, that is kind of lame.

Jamie should have been burned by the dragon. It would have been a true death for a knight, something that has been questioned about him the entire series. And Tyrion would have seen the impact of his choices, even if they were the right ones. Meanwhile, Bronn slips away from the battlefield, back to who he was all along - a scavenger, a survivor.

9 episodes left and a cliffhanger? ...Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like how Jaime and Bronn both looked at each other after Poppa Tarly suggested whipping the men to speed things up with a "that guy is way too intense even for us" glance.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Jaime dying, like eloco said it would have been by fire. He will be back

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also really enjoyed the episode overall... except the ending.

Was Jaime's death certain? Or are they leaving it open? If they were filming a death sequence, it should have been longer and more definitive. If they were trying to leave it open, that is kind of lame.

Jamie should have been burned by the dragon. It would have been a true death for a knight, something that has been questioned about him the entire series. And Tyrion would have seen the impact of his choices, even if they were the right ones. Meanwhile, Bronn slips away from the battlefield, back to who he was all along - a scavenger, a survivor.

9 episodes left and a cliffhanger? ...Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yeah I can't see Jaime being dead at all. Because as you said, if they were going to kill him off this episode then he should have been fried. Might be hard to swim with all that armor and one hand but someone will help him out. I think he and Bronn will be taken prisoner and perhaps eventually switch sides.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Jaime died.

He's one of the biggest characters on the show, it would've been more definitive and dramatic than that.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can't see Jaime being dead at all. Because as you said, if they were going to kill him off this episode then he should have been fried. Might be hard to swim with all that armor and one hand but someone will help him out. I think he and Bronn will be taken prisoner and perhaps eventually switch sides.

Are you saying someone is going to give him a... hand?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like how Jaime and Bronn both looked at each other after Poppa Tarly suggested whipping the men to speed things up with a "that guy is way too intense even for us" glance.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Jaime was like "Who the fuck is this guy?", coming from a guy raised by Tywin Lannister.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dothraki and what's left of the "good guy" Greyjoys will prove to be incompetent miners and Daenerys, Jon, and Tyrion will realize they need Cersei's cooperation to bring in some miners from the Westerlands.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Start of next episode will probably show Jamie picking Bronn up because the water they are in is only TWO FEET DEEP.

There was no "lake" there

Then we will have a scene where Dany tries to use prisoner Jamie as a bargaining chip and Cersei responds with "Jamie who?"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dothraki and what's left of the "good guy" Greyjoys will prove to be incompetent miners and Daenerys, Jon, and Tyrion will realize they need Cersei's cooperation to bring in some miners from the Westerlands.

Can she not gather up a couple slaves she freed along the way to come do that hard work? Im thinking she can :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky Jon Snow. Whenever a woman is unsure how she feels about him, he takes her into a cave, and suddenly the problem is resolved.