• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in that time story above ...
they mention she may have staged (using animal blood) it and wandered "injured" to draw her attacker(s) to her ... perhaps down an alley ... so she could catch them by surprise

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just popped into my head...

What if "a girl" becomes "a Lady"? Change from the books enough to through off all the readers, but still fills the vacuum...

It could happen. I don't think it would have quite the same impact as it would if they were to stick closer to the original story though. Also with the Brotherhood already behaving differently than we last saw them, it seems like "a Lady" is already in The Riverlands while a girl is still in Braavos.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen. I don't think it would have quite the same impact as it would if they were to stick closer to the original story though. Also with the Brotherhood already behaving differently than we last saw them, it seems like "a Lady" is already in The Riverlands while a girl is still in Braavos.
Agree.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sudden thought came to me today while I was working (you have to be caught up in the TV series if you want to avoid a spoiler) this is my thought on the future

what if Hodor returns as a walker and then Bran can still control him and uses him to kill the night king, it would be quite a vision for fans to see hodor like that

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sudden thought came to me today while I was working (you have to be caught up in the TV series if you want to avoid a spoiler) this is my thought on the future

what if Hodor returns as a walker and then Bran can still control him and uses him to kill the night king, it would be quite a vision for fans to see hodor like that

I think we could see the first part of that. The second part seems very interesting. Hard to say if it would happen or not.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could see the first part of that. The second part seems very interesting. Hard to say if it would happen or not.

Agreed. Definitely the first part, but I suspect the second part is attempted but fails. It will come down to fire and ice (valyrian steel) I believe.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Definitely the first part, but I suspect the second part is attempted but fails. It will come down to fire and ice (valyrian steel) I believe.

more I thought about it the more I agree.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen fire and I've seen ice,
I've seen castrations that I thought would never end,
I've had lonely times when my sister tried to bring about my end,
But I always thought that I'd see Hodor again.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole episode was good tonight but I loved the ending. The Arya / Waif chase scene was a lot of fun. The Waif was terminator-like in her pursuit. I'll miss her.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were cersei and her spy guy talking about when he said his little birds confirmed its worse than they imagined?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole episode was good tonight but I loved the ending. The Arya / Waif chase scene was a lot of fun. The Waif was terminator-like in her pursuit. I'll miss her.

Funny you make the Terminator analogy. Mrs BGD said the same thing.

Although I liked the episode, and loved the swerves, the one part I did not like was the Arya story. I will spoiler the next part so as not to ruin it for those who have not watched yet.

I feel like the directors insulted the viewers, and dumbed it down to a WWE-level farce. Last week Arya is stabbed multiple times in the abdomen including one twist of the blade, and is on deaths door, presumably bleeding out. This week she is sitting up in bed, a little tired and sore but none the worse for wear. Uhhh, were you just stabbed and almost bled out? How did they miss organs? And most of all, how the hell did you survive? The writers didnt even try to justify that one. A lame "it was just a scratch" explanation would have been bad, but at least addressed the basic question of how did she survive? Nope, no explanation. I guess multiple stab wounds, somehow miraculously missing organs, is just another day in Braavos. And then the chase scene. OK so she is 24 hours or less from a stabbing, and Arya now goes full OJ running through the airport (errr, streets) looking like she is trying out for the Westeros team and is going to Rio next month. Huh? Abdominal wounds and you are up and running? But the lamest part was when she jumps. Ohhhh, THAT almost killed her. Now she is leaking from multiple points, bruised and broken, leaving a trail of blood ??? Inconsistent does not even begin to describe it. What saved it for me was the last scene "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I am going home". And the ever so slight nod of respect from Jaqen. That I did like.

The writers are doing a good job of messing with the avid book followers this season. Particularly the Hound scene this week. Is she or isn't she?

Given that it is Episode 8 and there are many storylines, I suspect we have seen the last of Arya, Brienne, Varys, Sam and perhaps even the Hound for this year.

Next week's episode is titled "Battle of the Bastards" which I think is pretty funny since I believe the anticipated battle has been called that for months on the internet. Looks like virtually the entire week will be about the attempt on Winterfell. That leaves a TON to do in Episode 10, and since that hour episode will only have 22 minutes (see what I did there?)
no it will be an hour, that was a shout out to an absolutely hilarious former comedy show by my favorite Newfie comedians
it looks like a number of expected scenes and plot developments may get pushed back to Season 7.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were cersei and her spy guy talking about when he said his little birds confirmed its worse than they imagined?

Mrs BGD said the same thing. I missed the whole part. I really need to stay awake past 8 pm.

She thought the reference to little birds was hinting that Varys may be returning to Kings Landing. I don't think so, in an earlier episode Cersei and the maester talk to Varys' former birds and tell them they are her birds now.

I thought their little confab was about the wildfire stocks the Mad King was planning on using before Ser Jamie stuck a sword in his back. My guess is the dude has located the wildfire stash. Episode 10 could be a feast for crows, no, a feast for the eyes if Cersei loses her trial and tries to "spark" something.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you make the Terminator analogy. Mrs BGD said the same thing.

Although I liked the episode, and loved the swerves, the one part I did not like was the Arya story. I will spoiler the next part so as not to ruin it for those who have not watched yet.

I feel like the directors insulted the viewers, and dumbed it down to a WWE-level farce. Last week Arya is stabbed multiple times in the abdomen including one twist of the blade, and is on deaths door, presumably bleeding out. This week she is sitting up in bed, a little tired and sore but none the worse for wear. Uhhh, were you just stabbed and almost bled out? How did they miss organs? And most of all, how the hell did you survive? The writers didnt even try to justify that one. A lame "it was just a scratch" explanation would have been bad, but at least addressed the basic question of how did she survive? Nope, no explanation. I guess multiple stab wounds, somehow miraculously missing organs, is just another day in Braavos. And then the chase scene. OK so she is 24 hours or less from a stabbing, and Arya now goes full OJ running through the airport (errr, streets) looking like she is trying out for the Westeros team and is going to Rio next month. Huh? Abdominal wounds and you are up and running? But the lamest part was when she jumps. Ohhhh, THAT almost killed her. Now she is leaking from multiple points, bruised and broken, leaving a trail of blood ??? Inconsistent does not even begin to describe it. What saved it for me was the last scene "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I am going home". And the ever so slight nod of respect from Jaqen. That I did like.

The writers are doing a good job of messing with the avid book followers this season. Particularly the Hound scene this week. Is she or isn't she?

Given that it is Episode 8 and there are many storylines, I suspect we have seen the last of Arya, Brienne, Varys, Sam and perhaps even the Hound for this year.

Next week's episode is titled "Battle of the Bastards" which I think is pretty funny since I believe the anticipated battle has been called that for months on the internet. Looks like virtually the entire week will be about the attempt on Winterfell. That leaves a TON to do in Episode 10, and since that hour episode will only have 22 minutes (see what I did there?)
no it will be an hour, that was a shout out to an absolutely hilarious former comedy show by my favorite Newfie comedians
it looks like a number of expected scenes and plot developments may get pushed back to Season 7.

Oh, you must not have been paying attention. The actress used to cut up men then fix them up so now she is a master surgeon. j/k
Honestly I had the same problem with the early scenes, I thought the last 10 minutes were so good I overlooked them. The waif especially reminded me of Robert Patrick in Terminator 2. I really liked how she was above Arya on the wall. I guess Arya got used to being blind, so when she darkened the room she had an advantage?
I felt bad for the actress.
Hats off to the sparrows for really having each others backs. Thanks guys.
I enjoyed the drinking and joking scene. Still laughing about 'knowing how to ask for help in 9 languages'. Hilarious!
Next week looks awesome.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you must not have been paying attention. The actress used to cut up men then fix them up so now she is a master surgeon. j/k
Honestly I had the same problem with the early scenes, I thought the last 10 minutes were so good I overlooked them. The waif especially reminded me of Robert Patrick in Terminator 2. I really liked how she was above Arya on the wall. I guess Arya got used to being blind, so when she darkened the room she had an advantage?

on the bold and on bgdaves spoiler lame lame lame take:

looks like the writers are leaving it up to us to fill in the blanks lol ... not gonna spoiler it because its just assumptions

the waif was a machine and could kill at will and was supposed to kill Arya without suffering ... but I guess we have to assume that she stabbed Arya strategically not hitting any vital organs so she wouldnt die and would instead suffer ... something alot of viewers surmised :noidea:

but yah ... great agility shown by damaged Arya lol

the end scene with Arya drawing the waif into that room seemed to show this was all Aryas master plan ... to draw the waif in and make her fight blind ... assumptions lol

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end justified the means I guess. Arya's last scene was fantastic.

Is it possible that more than a day passed while she was under the care of the actress? I'm grasping at straws here. But if she were on the mend for a few weeks maybe she had recovered. I don't know. That was a huge leap, IMO. And we're talking about a white walkers and dragons.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on this week's Battle of the Bastards(TM)?

"Snow" has to win, right, right? But does it have to be this week, in this battle?

And why haven't we seen Rickon since he was sold down the river by the Umbers?

Maybe I have been watching to much WWE, but I am thinking the early battle looks bad for the good guyx, Wun Wun probably doesn't make it, and at the last moment the calvary rides in headed up by Littlefinger to save the day.

And I still think Sansa is given the hono(u)r of cutting off Ramsay's head, but with those guns she is packing, it ends up being a scratch on the back of his neck. Then she says "feed him to his damn dogs". Fade to black.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on this week's Battle of the Bastards(TM)?

"Snow" has to win, right, right? But does it have to be this week, in this battle?

And why haven't we seen Rickon since he was sold down the river by the Umbers?

Maybe I have been watching to much WWE, but I am thinking the early battle looks bad for the good guyx, Wun Wun probably doesn't make it, and at the last moment the calvary rides in headed up by Littlefinger to save the day.

And I still think Sansa is given the hono(u)r of cutting off Ramsay's head, but with those guns she is packing, it ends up being a scratch on the back of his neck. Then she says "feed him to his damn dogs". Fade to black.

Ive seen entire articles written speculating on what happens based on these 2 episode descriptions released by HBO lol

'Battle of the Bastards': "Terms of surrender are rejected and accepted."

The Winds of Winter': "Cersei faces her trial."

/have at it lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen entire articles written speculating on what happens based on these 2 episode descriptions released by HBO lol

'Battle of the Bastards': "Terms of surrender are rejected and accepted."

The Winds of Winter': "Cersei faces her trial."

/have at it lol

Hadn't seen that. Now I am bummed.