• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Luck Derby

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the Rams would trade Bradford. I think some other team would offer the moon to move up to #1, and while Luck is the best QB prospect in some time, he's not a guarantee. They know what they have in Bradford, and like him, and a chance to add more through a trade makes more sense.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After suffering through an entire season with Bradford, they might have differing feelings. however, I would expect him to win eventually.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok, and with 3 blue chip prospect QB's coming out, teams will be waiting to see how the draft goes before they will make a trade. Then it will be really hard to work out a deal on draft day. After that they have to wait another year to get the picks they will get from Bradford. STL is not trading him.

Not necessarily. If I'm "x" team sitting with the 7th pick and the QB I want is no longer on the board, I'm on the phone with St. Louis offering up my pick and any number of picks in the 2012 and/or 2013 draft for Bradford. And with the Rams knowing they'd select Luck with the 1st pick, you'd better believe they'd be ready for an all out deal as the above at any juncture in the draft.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not necessarily. If I'm "x" team sitting with the 7th pick and the QB I want is no longer on the board, I'm on the phone with St. Louis offering up my pick and any number of picks in the 2012 and/or 2013 draft for Bradford. And with the Rams knowing they'd select Luck with the 1st pick, you'd better believe they'd be ready for an all out deal as the above at any juncture in the draft.

The problem with this scenario is, these teams would be calling about the #1 pick, and not Bradford. The pick would have more value than Bradford, and Bradford is still a good QB. That said, I think it's moot. I think the Rams win some games in the 2nd half and end up picking around 5th.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt the team would be calling offering up those picks for Luck. Stl isn't trading Bradford. Not sure why you can't see that other than your stubborn. Not gonna happen, they like him, he was really good last year for a rookie, he is playing with no O-Line, no WR's and no D this year while being hurt. They aren't going to give up on him and draft a new QB.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The problem with this scenario is, these teams would be calling about the #1 pick, and not Bradford. The pick would have more value than Bradford, and Bradford is still a good QB. That said, I think it's moot. I think the Rams win some games in the 2nd half and end up picking around 5th.

They would be calling about Luck, but this is under the assumption the Rams would have given them the shaft and already have drafted Luck. We're now sitting at pick #2 and beyond. At that point, knowing Bradford is then on the table, teams would come after him. They might low-ball the Rams, but the phones would be ringing nonetheless. The 49ers might be the first callers.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I highly doubt the team would be calling offering up those picks for Luck. Stl isn't trading Bradford. Not sure why you can't see that other than your stubborn. Not gonna happen, they like him, he was really good last year for a rookie, he is playing with no O-Line, no WR's and no D this year while being hurt. They aren't going to give up on him and draft a new QB.

Great argument.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made my argument. Nothing more to say, besides point out your flaw in why you won't read said argument. Not that difficult. Way to stay on track though.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be calling about Luck, but this is under the assumption the Rams would have given them the shaft and already have drafted Luck. We're now sitting at pick #2 and beyond. At that point, knowing Bradford is then on the table, teams would come after him. They might low-ball the Rams, but the phones would be ringing nonetheless. The 49ers might be the first callers.

Umm they could still trade Luck even if they pick him. I know that is unheard of, trading a player that you just drafted but it is possible.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Once Luck is picked, the value of Bradford goes down. They know the Rams aren't going to want to pay Bradford as a backup. If they're trading Bradford it absolutely has to be before they pick.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've made my argument. Nothing more to say, besides point out your flaw in why you won't read said argument. Not that difficult. Way to stay on track though.

So the flaw in my argument is your opinion that because they like him or because he played well, they won't trade him?

Ok.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Once Luck is picked, the value of Bradford goes down. They know the Rams aren't going to want to pay Bradford as a backup. If they're trading Bradford it absolutely has to be before they pick.

I agree. That's why I mentioned in my previous post that they'd probably be low-balled. And frankly, they would probably have to take it too. That's the price of taking a QB with the number 1 pick 2 years after you selected another QB with the 1st pick who still has loads of potential. That said, I think bare minimum they could get a 2nd round pick.

But, imo, it would be absolutely worth it.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my opinion isn't a good enough argument but yours is. Makes perfect sense.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. That's why I mentioned in my previous post that they'd probably be low-balled. And frankly, they would probably have to take it too. That's the price of taking a QB with the number 1 pick 2 years after you selected another QB with the 1st pick who still has loads of potential. That said, I think bare minimum they could get a 2nd round pick.

But, imo, it would be absolutely worth it.

Which is why they need to plan ahead and do whatever it is before they pick. It'll be easier, and they'll get better value by trading the pick instead of Bradford.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Which is why they need to plan ahead and do whatever it is before they pick. It'll be easier, and they'll get better value by trading the pick instead of Bradford.

They'll still be low-balled because teams will know the under-lying factor for why he's being traded. Though I can see how they might have more suitors and definitely more likelihood for a bidding war.

And I don't think anyone is disagreeing they'll get better value for the pick. They'd get a king's ransom. However, when you weigh that against Luck's potential, I believe they'd roll the dice with Luck. Imo, you almost have to.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO you don't. You take Bradford who is a very promising QB in his own right along with the other picks to put players around Bradford. They need a WR, a LT and some D.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that Rey and I are the only two people in the world talking about this.... This is a huge topic in St. Louis - It will even be bigger when baseball season ends!

It has been discussed on ESPN. Several have written about it when forecasting the field for Luck. I heard several sportsradio pieces about it.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've seen both sides of it by the experts. IMO, Bradford still has enough potential and is young enough that you take the king's ransom offered for the pick and build around Bradford. You're not going to get a lot of value for Bradford because of his salary and Luck's hype. I'd rather have Bradford and a ton of picks than Luck and lesser guys around him. That said, the Rams aren't getting the first pick.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fine. But Bradford isn't going to be easy to trade, teams are going to want Luck. You don't take Luck and leave your team at crap. You can't win like that. You have to have other pieces or he gets hurt and has David Carr syndrome. STL needs all the picks they can get, not a new QB. And I doubt STL gets the #1 pick anyways so.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami/Indy are the two favorites to win the Luck sweepstakes imo....St Louis is in a weak division and should win a few games eventually......they have Bradford, SJackson, and BLloyd, eventually they should be able to develop some offense.....Miami is horrible and is in a tough division, and Indy looked horrible the other night, and not ready to beat anyone any time soon......if the Rams do win the sweepstakes I would expect them to trade the pick and use the obtained picks to rebuild the team.....