• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Luck Derby

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think wins the Luck Derby? Who do you want to win the Luck Derby?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would like to see the Colts win it, only because Manning is there. And looking at their schedule, I think they're probably front-runners.

However, who I WANT to see grab him is Miami. I just don't think the Colts' organization is as good as most, and think he'd go great in Miami.

Last edited by a moderator:

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I absolutely don't want the Colts to get him. I live in "Colts Country" (what a joke) and the "fans" are about as spoiled as they come. I remember a conversation with someone not long ago that hoped the Colts made the Playoffs as a Wild Card team since winning the division all the time "wasn't working" in regard to postseason play.

Again, these "fans" have yet to be heard from this year and it would border on criminal for them to have Manning for 15 years and then Luck for another 15.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
who do I think wins it? The Dolphins. They play in a brutally competitive division, they haven't won a game yet, their starting QB is Matt Moore

who (of the teams with a realistic chance) do I want to win it ? The Panthers. is there any chance they trade Cam and take Luck (unlikely but it makes for an interesting controversy). They would get some crazy offers for either player

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami wins it because I expect them to continue to suck.

I hope the Rams win it. First, I want it to be an NFC team. Second, I think it would create an interesting issue. I think you have to take Luck and make Bradford available. I'd love to see how they played that one.

Bengalfish

BEN-GALS Talent Scout
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This emphatically. I will punch a puppy if the Colts end up with Luck. Got too many of those fans as friends, and you nailed it right on the head with your description. Also I'm getting the feeling that some of the Colts fans are rooting for an 0-16 season. Spoiled little bitches.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami wins it because I expect them to continue to suck.

I hope the Rams win it. First, I want it to be an NFC team. Second, I think it would create an interesting issue. I think you have to take Luck and make Bradford available. I'd love to see how they played that one.

If the Rams, Panthers, and maybe even the Colts win it, it's going up for trade. No chance Rams or Panthers draft him when they can get a kings ransom, probably the biggest ransom in NFL history for it. They have their QB's they won't take another one. If the Colts think Manning is coming back and playing they won't take him. They will trade it, try to win now with Manning and take a QB later.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Rams win the lottery and take the future payments option from either the Dolphins, Jags, Seahawks, or even Vikings if Ponder sucks (I don't think they'd hesitate to pull the trigger on trading him)

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This emphatically. I will punch a puppy if the Colts end up with Luck. Got too many of those fans as friends, and you nailed it right on the head with your description. Also I'm getting the feeling that some of the Colts fans are rooting for an 0-16 season. Spoiled little bitches.

Uh, just two months ago people in here were rooting for an 0-16 season. Hell, after saying I wanted to see us win I was told that "I was apart of the problem".

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rams will pull out of their funk eventually.

miami/indy seem like the likely candidates.

Carolina needs to improve, as their rookie qb is talented and should net some wins.

The truth of the matter is, there are 3 blue chip qb prospects available, so mia/indy and whoever should be happy at seasons end with their draft pick.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is for Denver to win it. Another Stanford QB with a big arm and great leadership skills in Denver for another 12 to 15 years.

Broncos are still my 2nd favorite team, so I am hoping they win it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tebow's 3/5 for 24 after the 1st half...

are they running the option?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should. I think the read option option could work.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Color me not surprised Miami gives up 2 quick TD's along with a 2 point walk-in conversion.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After the Miami performance today, I'm going to put my money on them getting Luck.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be Miami. The division is brutal, and they suck.

If a team with a big $ QB wins it...no way they are going to be able to trade that QB. I don't see Bradford taking a pay cut...also, the salary cap implications on a QB who signed before the new CBA was put into place could be a huge issue for a team like STL, which would see Bradfords bonus money that was spread out accelerate all into the current cap.

Trading the pick would be the smart thing to do, if you already have a good QB (Cam is not being traded). If they were to land the pick (Car), they could get a crazy offer for it since now the #1 pick won't make 1/2 the teams salary cap.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami and Indy are the frontrunners. Seattle has an outside shot.

More and more qb's are able to come in right away and perform well. So, I hope for Lucks sake that he isn't drafted by the Colts.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rams would have to take Luck. What has Bradford done to impress? The Panthers don't have to worry about the pick. I think they'll win at least 4 more games. It's looking like a Miami Indy derby.....Wonder who gets it if they tie?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rams would have to take Luck. What has Bradford done to impress? The Panthers don't have to worry about the pick. I think they'll win at least 4 more games. It's looking like a Miami Indy derby.....Wonder who gets it if they tie?

I'm not disagreing, but it's not like his OL or his WR is exactly helping his cause.

Plus, there's no way they could trade luck. He makes too much money and would kill their cap (I assume) as he was in the last of the big first round deals draft before the new CBA.