• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Last of US

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I'm going to miss Joel. I guess Ellie should have went with Tommy

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I'm going to miss Joel. I guess Ellie should have went with Tommy
just a flesh wound

200w.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bella and Pascal were pretty great in that episode.

Everyone loves contractors!

Funny to me, I am playing the game again and Ellie was trying to whistle as I was playing Saturday night. Then pretty much the same thing Sunday. "Does it sound like I can whistle?"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bella and Pascal were pretty great in that episode.

Everyone loves contractors!

Funny to me, I am playing the game again and Ellie was trying to whistle as I was playing Saturday night. Then pretty much the same thing Sunday. "Does it sound like I can whistle?"

I never finished the game and now I am caught up to where I left it and will pick it up later.

this show is so much better than The Walking Dead

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never finished the game and now I am caught up to where I left it and will pick it up later.

this show is so much better than The Walking Dead
I remember thinking that, for the first year or two, Walking Dead was the bomb...not sure this is anything better

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember thinking that, for the first year or two, Walking Dead was the bomb...not sure this is anything better
I think it moves along better, maybe too quickly at times. The first season of TWD was great but I felt the second at the farm was 3 episodes of material stretched into 13 episodes.

Also admittedly I am not the best judge of The Walking Dead. By the end there were more episodes I did not see than I did. Some episodes in the six seasons I watched were great, some seasons were good., a lot were awful. I couldnt watch anymore after Daryll was locked up with that goofy song on repeat. It was unintentionally hilarious.

Last edited:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I was there right until they arrived in Alexandria. I even loved the farm and prison seasons. I am going to rewatch it and just stop when they arrive at the gates to Alexandria. I didnt think they could do wrong on that show. man was I wrong lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it moves along better, maybe too quickly at times. The first season of TWD was great but I felt the second at the farm was 3 episodes of material stretched into 13 episodes.

Also admittedly I am not the best judge of The Walking Dead. By the end there were more episodes I did not see than I did. Some episodes in the six seasons I watched were great, some seasons were good., a lot were awful. I couldnt watch anymore after Daryll was locked up with that goofy song on repeat. It was unintentionally hilarious.
The Last of Us is only going to have one more season (as of today) so I think this will manage to retain its watchability.

I read somewhere talking about where Walking Dead "jumped the shark" and it did a good job of explaining that when the moral compass on the show (Dale) was killed, it was downhill from there. Kind of agree with that :noidea:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The Last of Us is only going to have one more season (as of today) so I think this will manage to retain its watchability.
yeah, if this goes on forever, it will become a grind as well.

and now that Joel is dead, Ellie won't last long. 1 or 2 episodes left, then the mushrooms win.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
normally back story episodes are snoozefests, but this was quite good.

gave more insight into:
- why Ellie has this attitude at the outset,
- more on fireflies,
- a bit more to ponder about Marlene's role,
- some parallels with Ellie/Riley and Joel/Tess
- and the version of the Cure's "Just Like Heaven" on the carousel was a nice bonus.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
normally back story episodes are snoozefests, but this was quite good.

gave more insight into:
- why Ellie has this attitude at the outset,
- more on fireflies,
- a bit more to ponder about Marlene's role,
- some parallels with Ellie/Riley and Joel/Tess
- and the version of the Cure's "Just Like Heaven" on the carousel was a nice bonus.
I would also add that it humanized FEDRA a little bit in her scene with whatever-his-rank-was Kwong.

It also serves as an excellent teaser for the eventual reveal that the Fireflies are themselves morally ambiguous, at best (assuming they don't change this of course). An unequivocal bad guy is a good role for them in the game because of the mechanism of the medium, but wouldn't have suited the TV medium as well.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm replaying the game and it's amazing some of the stuff I missed. Nothing hugely important, you get all that from the dialog and cut-scenes, but a lot of background and side stories are told via collectable notes and posters. So if you don't wander behind a staircase you might not find information on what happened there.

Very mild spoiler, if at all:
I missed a lot of the Firefly ambiguity the first time. Now I'm in Pittsburgh (KC in the show) and even this early I have already found numerous things saying the Fireflies were not so good. One note had someone bitching the Fireflies made them fight then decided to move onto another city leaving everyone that helped alone. Another was a notice saying any able bodied person who doesn't help fight will be executed. Nice.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I recommend another streaming story?

That Dirty Black Bag on AMC+... spaghetti western with Dominic Cooper. It doesn't disappoint

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I recommend another streaming story?

That Dirty Black Bag on AMC+... spaghetti western with Dominic Cooper. It doesn't disappoint
I'll look it up.

I went through this last night and wondered how I did not notice the first time. lol, because I am not sure its a real Office easter egg or not. At least when playing it, except for the curved reception area its pretty much just like any office.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
one of the best deliveries of a line I have ever heard on television.

"It's OK. I believe him"

holy fuck.
A whole lot of insight there.
gave me shivers.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK, baby girl. I got you.

I wonder if that guy is still alive.....if so that may came back to bite them. Pretty great episode.

RIP the horse

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK, baby girl. I got you.

I wonder if that guy is still alive.....if so that may came back to bite them. Pretty great episode.

RIP the horse

How many times did you hear Ellie referred to as “the girl” over and over again in that episode and also that she could never possibly survive all alone without her friend … a man … by her side

That was an amazing line you mention … amazing job of framing by the writers the entire episode … after all ellie had been through, it seemed like she didnt need to hear it … that she was so strong that she was the polar opposite of a baby girl … but in the end she did need to hear it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How many times did you hear Ellie referred to as “the girl” over and over again in that episode and also that she could never possibly survive all alone without her friend … a man … by her side

That was an amazing line you mention … amazing job of framing by the writers the entire episode … after all ellie had been through, it seemed like she didnt need to hear it … that she was so strong that she was the polar opposite of a baby girl … but in the end she did need to hear it.
and on the eve of International Women's Day as well.
Disgraceful