• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: So how was you Christmas?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got some Kings' Swag and spent 5 hours in the emergency room. I had to drive myself, even-though my stomach was doing backflips and I almost had to have a cork for the backend, because my family was yelling at each other at my house. Which culminated in my parents leaving in the middle of Christmas.
After 5 hours at the hospital it turned out that I have a spore in my gut that tends to mess with the digestive system. So I'm on the liquid diet for about a week. Which really stink cause the 27th is my birthday and I will be watching others eat my cake.
Believe it or not, this is a true story.

Bah Humbug!

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
living 2,000+ miles away from family and working nights put a damper on Christmas. I did have the "day" off (I left work Tuesday morning and didn't have to come back until Wednesday night). Myself, my brother, and my sister all used the wonderful internet machine to stream movies Tuesday night until about 3am EST when they went to bed. It was then a normal day of the week for me. Fell asleep around 1pm Christmas day, woke up at 8, back at work at 9:30.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got some Kings' Swag and spent 5 hours in the emergency room. I had to drive myself, even-though my stomach was doing backflips and I almost had to have a cork for the backend, because my family was yelling at each other at my house. Which culminated in my parents leaving in the middle of Christmas.
After 5 hours at the hospital it turned out that I have a spore in my gut that tends to mess with the digestive system. So I'm on the liquid diet for about a week. Which really stink cause the 27th is my birthday and I will be watching others eat my cake.
Believe it or not, this is a true story.

Bah Humbug!

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better by New Years.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
living 2,000+ miles away from family and working nights put a damper on Christmas. I did have the "day" off (I left work Tuesday morning and didn't have to come back until Wednesday night). Myself, my brother, and my sister all used the wonderful internet machine to stream movies Tuesday night until about 3am EST when they went to bed. It was then a normal day of the week for me. Fell asleep around 1pm Christmas day, woke up at 8, back at work at 9:30.

Maybe instead of having Christmas on December 25th, we should have it on a Friday instead. That way people have a long weekend to visit their folks.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about the bummer Christmases. Been there, done that as the saying goes. Had some real bummers back in my younger days. Away from home numerous times while in the Navy but I cannot remember ever spending Christmas at a hospital. That must really suck.

This year however was another nice 2-day family gathering at the Ox house. Grandkids and Greatgrandkids over on Christmas Eve to open gifts and then a nice quiet Christmas day with the 4 of us living here. Got some nice gifts. Nothing major but did get a new Kings License plate frame and a decal for my Jeep Cherokee along with a new Kings coffee cup and Stadium Series tee shirt.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, that sucks Howdy. Not only about the physical issues but also the family ones, holidays have a great way of not only bringing families together but also bringing out the worst in them.

I've had my fair share of blowouts, last one was about 5 years ago when I didn't have legal custody of the girls, their mom got angry at me and I wasn't able to spend Christmas with her (only had the one then). Pretty depressing since I was excited to give her her presents and such, I ended up going to a friends who was also having family issues and we drank ourselves stupid. I don't miss those days.

Have to say since I've settled down (almost 5 years now, crazy) I enjoy spending family time at Christmas with my own. If her or my family wants to be a part of that, great but leave the drama at the door and if not, great too since we have the 8 of us now (us, the 4 kids and the dog and newest member of the family, the cat Bernie who we adopted in October. Dude even had his own stocking). It's funny how the older I get, the happier I have become because I've let go of so many things and I'm not the hot head I once was, it's a controlled thing now and only rears its head when need be.

Our Christmas was wonderful, the kids were spoiled rotten as usual and seeing their faces is what does it for me. Ms. Puck shocked the crap out of me by buying me a new laptop, I needed one as this one is 5 years old. She will be leaving her job on Jan 1 to be a full time stay at home mom and part time student finishing up her Masters so I'll be paying all the bills, so technically I guess I bought it for myself.

=)~~

Did have to take the two middle ones to the doctor yesterday and that was a mess, both developed a cough and were miserable but otherwise it was good.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add onto this, Junior I was pretending to be dad ice skating and was sliding around in his feetsie pajamas this morning. We have wood floors, so you can imagine how this went - he slipped and ht his head on the corner of the TV table and had a goose egg the size of a bounce ball and a nice little gash.

Called my brother in law and he said bring him here and he took a look at him, luckily no concussion, the egg started to go down by the time we got there and no stitches. Dude saved us $150 at the ER but would have sent us if he needed anything since he doesn't work on kids.

Pays to have a bunch of doctors in the house though, he did minor surgery on my finger 4 months ago when I got an infection from a splinter and didn't want to go to the hospital for it. He ran out of anesthetic at their clinic though so that scalpel hurt like hell but he got me repaired in about 5 minutes - cut open, removed, stitched up and antibiotics prescribed.

Christmas just needs to go away already.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christmas just needs to go away already.

Amen, brother puck. Amen to that.