• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Sixers trade Rumor

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattisse Thybulle
Cam Johnston
Take a gamble on Okeke/Porter if they are there early in the 2nd.
Hope they take Chuma with one of those seconds as well.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sincere taking paschall with their pick and trading back up into round 1 for Thybulle.

That’s the bench they need.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey gets his man! Good call Rey!

My son hears that Lakers are zeroing in on Butler! :hellno:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed that they couldn't get Cam Johnson, but I like Matisse. If they can somehow manage to convince Kawhi to sign with us, then that changes everything. If we don't, and lose Butler - we're falling back into mediocrity again, and Danny Ainge is still laughing at us. Couldn't Brand trade with another team?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brand out there playing 1d chess

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers going back to what they used to be. Poorly run organization from the top down. I would expect an exodus of players.
Thybulle was as good a selection as any at #24/20 but Brand got handled by Boston.
Laughing stock here they come.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Houston thinks they can sign Buckets. They'd better put on the press to get Kawhi!!

Or else, we will stink again, and heads will definitely roll as Screammin' said.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Houston thinks they can sign Buckets. They'd better put on the press to get Kawhi!!

Or else, we will stink again, and heads will definitely roll as Screammin' said.

They need a max salary slot to sign jimmy buckets..... it is a pipe dream for them to think they can do that. They do not have the cap room.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want a sign and trade deal. i doubt that Houston has anything worth losing Buckets. Paul is old, and they won't give up Harden.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want a sign and trade deal. i doubt that Houston has anything worth losing Buckets. Paul is old, and they won't give up Harden.

For some reason the Rockets are probably putting it in Butler's head that he has all the power when the truth is he does not. The power falls to the Sixers. They can offer Butler 5 years at $190 mil and that is a lot of money to turn down. Sure Butler can go to another team and the Sixers get nothing in return but if he wants to contend for a title I think the Sixers are probably the best team that can pay him the money. The draft has already happened and the Rockets don't have any players the Sixers can use.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the Rockets are probably putting it in Butler's head that he has all the power when the truth is he does not. The power falls to the Sixers. They can offer Butler 5 years at $190 mil and that is a lot of money to turn down. Sure Butler can go to another team and the Sixers get nothing in return but if he wants to contend for a title I think the Sixers are probably the best team that can pay him the money. The draft has already happened and the Rockets don't have any players the Sixers can use.
philly can pay him the most and gives him a great chance to win a championship. fuck houston

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ... a lot of action tonight! Sign and trade Butler for Josh Richardson (imo the best scenario in a sign and trade), we also re-sign Harris (overpaid, but it's either that or lose lose Harris, Butler and JJ). We also signed Al Horford ... not a long term guy, but he's solid in a short-term Championship run. What are your guy's thoughts?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ... a lot of action tonight! Sign and trade Butler for Josh Richardson (imo the best scenario in a sign and trade), we also re-sign Harris (overpaid, but it's either that or lose lose Harris, Butler and JJ). We also signed Al Horford ... not a long term guy, but he's solid in a short-term Championship run. What are your guy's thoughts?
i wish someone could sell me on horford. makes no sense to me even in the short term

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford is great. Can play forward with Embiid, and can spell Embiid at center when JoJo needs a rest, which is quite often. He can shoot 3's, and is a great defender. A no-brainer to me. the key is Richardson, who is young, very good, and cheap. Butler did not want to stay, which although I loved him, he is never happy. Maye he will be happy as "The Man" in Miami. Now, I hope we can sign Patrick Beverly to replace JJ, and sign Morris to fill out the bench. I feel we're on the upswing!

OOPS! Just found out that Beverley re-signed with the Clippers. Darn!

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish someone could sell me on horford. makes no sense to me even in the short term
We talkin bout practice.

Gonna get the best out of Embiid this way.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, still not selling me on this. so, Harris at 3, Horford at 4, and Embiid at 5 in the playoffs? I get him spelling Embiid during the regular season and all ,but not at 100M.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am very happy with what has happened so far in free agency. I would have liked to have Butler back from an overall team perspective he may not have been a good fit. Richardson is a good shooter and while not as good as Redick he is a much better defender. Reddick was a liability defensively and it was mentioned quite a bit last year.

Horford is a banger who's game is in my opinion identical to Embiid's. He is smaller and a better shooter than Embiid but this is going to do so much with opening things down low. This signing gives Ben Simmons more freedom and his lack of a jump shot is not an urgent need to be fixed now. He still needs to develop one but this is a huge IMO when you combine.

I agree that we overpaid for Harris but resigning him was too important not to. Harris only played 27 games for us yesterday and he is much better than his stats for us show. A full offseason program and a full season with the team and he is going get better and better.

From team standpoint so far the Sixers are probably the best team in the East and that is even if Leonard stays in Toronto.