• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Sixers trade Rumor

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the airwaves: A proposition - would you trade Simmons to Sacramento for De'Andre Fox + Buddy Hield?
I would, and take the chance that Simmons will never develop a mid-range jump shot. I know it is risky, but Simmons is not working on his shot with a coach in Philly, but will do so (so he says), in California with his brother. Therefore, I would make this trade in a split second. I'm tired of Ben not trying to improve his shot. He certainly could prove me wrong, but so far I don't see any signs that he will. Plus, he really wants to play in California anyway.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the airwaves: A proposition - would you trade Simmons to Sacramento for De'Andre Fox + Buddy Hield?
I would, and take the chance that Simmons will never develop a mid-range jump shot. I know it is risky, but Simmons is not working on his shot with a coach in Philly, but will do so (so he says), in California with his brother. Therefore, I would make this trade in a split second. I'm tired of Ben not trying to improve his shot. He certainly could prove me wrong, but so far I don't see any signs that he will. Plus, he really wants to play in California anyway.
Not without an unprotected 1st rd pick. I have never been crazy about Buddy Hield, and not sure about Fox. I have not seen him play much.

Now, the rumors and they are just rumors, I have heard, some type of deal involving Simmons and AD. I would not do it without AD signing a long term agreement, but if he did, I would.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Manny. I definitely want AD, and hopefully Elton will get it done. He has been a great GM so far.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not. Remember Simmons is still very young. Kawhi didn't develop his jumper for a few years. I think there may be some resemblance of the two, just my opinion.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no.

I think Simmons has deficiencies but I would rather bet on the chance that he develops into a better all around player than trade him for the equivalent of two mediocre NBA players. Even with his flaws Simmons is a star NBA player.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be the consensus. It was on talk radio.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no.

I think Simmons has deficiencies but I would rather bet on the chance that he develops into a better all around player than trade him for the equivalent of two mediocre NBA players. Even with his flaws Simmons is a star NBA player.
I agree but, I wonder if Simmons is here for the long haul. We know JoJo is, but there has been talk the 2 do not get along so great.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Fox in that draft. Then Colangelo totally fucked us and someone should kill him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a hater, but Colangelo brought me close to it. The stupidest trade in the world that he made seemed like he purposefully tried to undermine the Sixers. Just think how good Jason would have been with the Sixers! Oh well, we have a good nucleus if we can keep them, thanks to Elton's trades. sort of like Howie Roseman fixing Kelly's blunders.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a hater, but Colangelo brought me close to it. The stupidest trade in the world that he made seemed like he purposefully tried to undermine the Sixers. Just think how good Jason would have been with the Sixers! Oh well, we have a good nucleus if we can keep them, thanks to Elton's trades. sort of like Howie Roseman fixing Kelly's blunders.
Adam Silver forced the Sixers to hire Colangelo to sabotage the rebuild.

Silver is a scumbag that should be sent back to Israel in a locked oven.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So draft day is here ... do you guys have any preferences?

I like Cam Johnson from North Carolina at SF ... older prospect, but he can shoot the lights out. Doesn't have to be a star, just hit those 3's and not get killed on D. Also love Carsen Edwards from Purdue at Point. Both may actually slip to Rd 2. At 24 I like Alexander-Walker from VT if still there.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattisse Thybulle
Cam Johnston
Take a gamble on Okeke/Porter if they are there early in the 2nd.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would NO be interested in Ben Simmons and our 2019 1st rd pick for their #1?
Or what about Simmons for Jrue and #4?

Some interesting possibilities with NO..... not that anything would happen.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattisse Thybulle
Cam Johnston
Take a gamble on Okeke/Porter if they are there early in the 2nd.

Thybulle should absolutely be an option at 24 if still there ... you don't get much Offense, but that D is deadly.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thybulle should absolutely be an option at 24 if still there ... you don't get much Offense, but that D is deadly.

Very difficult to teach scorers to defend.
Occasionally, you can teach a good defender how to shoot.

If it were me, draft as many defensive-minded wings with 7' wingspans and hope that one of them learns how to shoot......

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a rumor that Sixers are one of 4 teams in on Al Horford.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So draft day is here ... do you guys have any preferences?

I like Cam Johnson from North Carolina at SF ... older prospect, but he can shoot the lights out. Doesn't have to be a star, just hit those 3's and not get killed on D. Also love Carsen Edwards from Purdue at Point. Both may actually slip to Rd 2. At 24 I like Alexander-Walker from VT if still there.

Cam Johnson seems like the likely pick at #24. If Edwards is still available in the second, grab him. I see him as another Curry. Similar, not saying as good, but similar.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't possibly be a worse shooter than Simmons.