• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow would make for a great NRA leader

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee I guess if we were like the Taliban and didn't want girls to go to school there would have been 12 less victims last Friday. The solutions some people come up with are mind boggling at times.

Oh, I forgot the teachers. Not trying to make light of this but DAMN !!!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, as a fellow hockey board denizen for the past 7 or so years, I'm a little disappointed in our treatment of WYOSteelers. He has not been trolling and has remained civil throughout (at least on our board, haven't read every gun thread) this "hot button" topic. I don't know much, but what I do know is that two completely different mindsets can both have good insights and points. When things of this magnitude and this emotive come about, it's easy to point fingers, speak harshly and belittle people who don't think the same as we do. That said, I think the greatest disservice we can do is ridicule the "other" side of the coin. Doing that can just turn rational minds into fallacious arguers who don't have compromise and solution in mind as the final goal. I know none of us posters on here is going to come up with a fool-proof solution (and even if we did, it's not like our government would pass it anyway, lol) to this senseless victim in Newtown (and many others I don't choose to relive/repeat). Sometimes, something as simple as a "good conversation" can breed great understanding and answers. That said, it's starting to look like the "Politics" board in this thread. We're better than that here in my humble opinion.

Not that any of you asked for it, but that's my two cents. I apologize in advance, but I felt something needed to be said. I'll now get off my soapbox.

FWIW, I'm not in 100% agreement (hell, not even sure if I'm 50% in agreement) with WYO's stance. I think stricter requirements need to be put in place to acquire a gun and I think certain guns/magazine sizes need to be analyzed to see if the general public should be able to acquire them.....

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's trolling and at times I agree with him. I have no problem with him at all and we are all here to debate topics that's what the forum is for.

Hell during the hockey season we have some pretty heated debates between fans of different teams and I've had a couple of times where I have apologized to fans of my own team because things got heated.

It's a message board and we are not always going to agree on a lot of topics. He is more than welcome here and I'm sure most posters feel the same but if we all agreed on every topic it would be a pretty boring place.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what Boss said, I don't have a problem with wyosteeler, he seems like a pretty cool poster to me and can post here anytime as far as I'm concerned. This is certainly a hot button issue and emotionally charged one as well.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started out teasing, as (in case you didn't know) I am prone to do. I understood the point and have no problem with him as well.

It is a very charged issue, and no one has the answers. I do get exceptionally annoyed at the "I am here to save you citizen" types, and was frankly surprised to see something that resembled it from wyosteelers after his involvement in this thread, so I joked.

I'll stop now.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the solution really is (I don't think it is) to have armed guards in every school in this country, then this country fucking sucks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the solution really is (I don't think it is) to have armed guards in every school in this country, then this country fucking sucks.

You'd change your tune if you:

a) Weren't such a namby pamby
b) had stock in the companies required to manufacture all the guns needed to equip those guards

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's trolling and at times I agree with him. I have no problem with him at all and we are all here to debate topics that's what the forum is for.

Hell during the hockey season we have some pretty heated debates between fans of different teams and I've had a couple of times where I have apologized to fans of my own team because things got heated.

It's a message board and we are not always going to agree on a lot of topics. He is more than welcome here and I'm sure most posters feel the same but if we all agreed on every topic it would be a pretty boring place.

Well said. Worth noting that WYO was part of a long discussion a few days ago and contributed a number of good posts, whether I agree with him or not. He even went so far to say he enjoyed it and liked the hockey board. So I understand what filo is saying, but he seems to like us. He really, really likes us. ;)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guns. man...... fucked up. please keep that attitude out of my beloved home.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the NRA know that there was an armed officer assigned to Columbine High School?

DEPUTIES_TEXT

Last edited by a moderator:

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya see.. we have languages for a reason. Words have meanings that are generally accepted by other speakers of a given language.

When you said you were a guard at a given location it was misleading. What you meant to say is that you are your own personal bodyguard.

That's cool because I am my own guard as well. I don't have a gun but my track record is flawless. I haven't been shot or stabbed or blown to smithereens yet!!

But that's exactly what I said.....I arm myself because I want to fall asleep next to my wife every night, not because I want to play rambo

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, guys, I'm pretty sire I won't get treated this good at my own funeral

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But shit already sucks.....that's why kids are getting shot

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WYO is alright in my book. :yo:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Unhappy is the land that has no heroes.
No, unhappy is the land that needs heroes

- Bertolt Brecht, 'Galileo'

/droppin' literary bombs, yo

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only there was an armed guard at Fort Hood when Nidal Hasan shot it up.

Obviously, the answer is even more armed guards for places like that.

Like a Militia or something.