• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought everyone from Philly was by very definition, an asshole?

Sorry I'm not representing our city well, boys.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestions for rule changes for next year (to make everyone happy)...
-Trade deadline a month before the playoffs
-Limit the number of transactions to the equivalent of about 3-4 per week
-1 IR spot so you can hold on to an injured player you believe in

I'd also say take the best/most active/non-asshole owners from each league and just have one.

From League 1, I think that's Puck, Vadered, Rit, Comeds, and myself. I'd say maybe Isle and Beantown, but some questionable shit down the stretch. I've never been a part of any fantasy league with this many weird deals happening at the end with teams that weren't going to make the playoffs. Pretty disappointing end to a mostly fun season.

-Yeah, deadline should be farther out.
-Never liked limits on transactions
-Yeah, I meant to have 2 IR spots at the beginning of the year, my bad.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Yeah, deadline should be farther out.
-Never liked limits on transactions
-Yeah, I meant to have 2 IR spots at the beginning of the year, my bad.

No worries, Rit. You've done a good job. I agree with some and not with others, but that just seems like a good laundry list of suggestions some have made at one time or another this year.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I try to mostly stay out of everything and let the members of the league "run the league". Obviously I still have to get involved sometimes, but I've had over-involved LMs before so I guess that's why I run it that way.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestions for rule changes for next year (to make everyone happy)...
-Trade deadline a month before the playoffs
-Limit the number of transactions to the equivalent of about 3-4 per week
-1 IR spot so you can hold on to an injured player you believe in

I'd also say take the best/most active/non-asshole owners from each league and just have one.

From League 1, I think that's Puck, Vadered, Rit, Comeds, and myself. I'd say maybe Isle and Beantown, but some questionable shit down the stretch. I've never been a part of any fantasy league with this many weird deals happening at the end with teams that weren't going to make the playoffs. Pretty disappointing end to a mostly fun season.

Oh, so let's see, you add and drop players every day to gain an advantage of having more players in your daily lineup, thus giving you a chance for more G/A/PIM/PPG/PPA/W/SV, but that's ok because it's within the rules. Yet my moves are questionable because they happened at the end of the season. My trade with Isles was fair, as fair as any trade made with him, and I told Tyler he could veto the trade with Jeff if he wanted, so kiss my ass.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, had anyone bothered to look up the league settings, only 4 votes were needed to veto any trades.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so let's see, you add and drop players every day to gain an advantage of having more players in your daily lineup, thus giving you a chance for more G/A/PIM/PPG/PPA/W/SV, but that's ok because it's within the rules. Yet my moves are questionable because they happened at the end of the season. My trade with Isles was fair, as fair as any trade made with him, and I told Tyler he could veto the trade with Jeff if he wanted, so kiss my ass.

First off, I've moved hardly any players in months, so that's not really a salient argument and I actually suggested we have a transaction limit next season above, so how is that relevant? Even if you didn't like that way of playing, yes it was within the rules and it was to help my team, not hurt anyone elses. Second, you're barely behind me in transactions, so you know what they say about people in glass houses. Third, it has nothing to do with the time of the season, it has to do with the fact that a few pages ago you basically said take any of my players you want. That's a bad attitude to have and it ruins fantasy leagues. It's precisely why trade deadlines were created in the first place. I don't care about trades that "seem" one-sided or that someone might think favor someone. Earlier in the year I actually argued that the trade you had with Isles had advantages for both of you when some people were complaining about it. I care when people say "I'm punting, take my good players, I don't give a fuck anymore." Which seemed like what you were saying and seems to have grown to a fever pitch at the end of this season. I thought it was poor form and I don't think that makes for a good league. That's just my opinion. I'm sorry you were so offended by it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck - quite a duel we have going this week. I think I have ATOI locked up and I think you've got GAA. Other than that, a really good match as expected.

I only wish I'd spent some more time looking at my lineup earlier in the week. Hadn't used Bob in forever and could have used an extra skater this week. doh!

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I've moved hardly any players in months, so that's not really a salient argument and I actually suggested we have a transaction limit next season above, so how is that relevant? Even if you didn't like that way of playing, yes it was within the rules and it was to help my team, not hurt anyone elses. Second, you're barely behind me in transactions, so you know what they say about people in glass houses. Third, it has nothing to do with the time of the season, it has to do with the fact that a few pages ago you basically said take any of my players you want. That's a bad attitude to have and it ruins fantasy leagues. It's precisely why trade deadlines were created in the first place. I don't care about trades that "seem" one-sided or that someone might think favor someone. Earlier in the year I actually argued that the trade you had with Isles had advantages for both of you when some people were complaining about it. I care when people say "I'm punting, take my good players, I don't give a fuck anymore." Which seemed like what you were saying and seems to have grown to a fever pitch at the end of this season. I thought it was poor form and I don't think that makes for a good league. That's just my opinion. I'm sorry you were so offended by it.

All of my moves were made legally also. Name one that wasn't? NONE of my free agent moves were made to gain an advantage in number of players nightly. If you look, goal tending has been an issue and have been the majority of my moves. None of my free agent pickups were for daily advantages. I don't care about you playing that way, I care that you did then commented on other legal transactions. It's not my fault some owners aren't active. All you had to do was contact the league manager about any suspicious transactions. I have a list of active owners for next year (I'll post it at the end of this rant). I'm hoping to get active, committed owners who want to be in the league for multiple years so we can have a keeper league. Also if you notice, I didn't shut it down for the season (you're not even in the league in question). I did decide to make the last week interesting for me, Hawaii, and Bolts making 2 playoff spots available for 3 teams (ddd now has a poor chance after this week against Isles). I could have locked up a playoff spot if I had set lineups Mon and Tue. Here's a list of active players from both leagues:

Maverick
Tyler Ritari
Eloco
dabolts
Hawaii
Jim Allen?
Vadered
KenyG
BTM

:hockeysmile:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but I cannot just let this go. I'm not aware Comeds has said one offensive thing all year. ;)

Screw you jackass!

All of my moves were made legally also. Name one that wasn't? NONE of my free agent moves were made to gain an advantage in number of players nightly. If you look, goal tending has been an issue and have been the majority of my moves. None of my free agent pickups were for daily advantages. I don't care about you playing that way, I care that you did then commented on other legal transactions. It's not my fault some owners aren't active. All you had to do was contact the league manager about any suspicious transactions. I have a list of active owners for next year (I'll post it at the end of this rant). I'm hoping to get active, committed owners who want to be in the league for multiple years so we can have a keeper league. Also if you notice, I didn't shut it down for the season (you're not even in the league in question). I did decide to make the last week interesting for me, Hawaii, and Bolts making 2 playoff spots available for 3 teams (ddd now has a poor chance after this week against Isles). I could have locked up a playoff spot if I had set lineups Mon and Tue. Here's a list of active players from both leagues:

Maverick
Tyler Ritari
Eloco
dabolts
Hawaii
Jim Allen?
Vadered
KenyG
BTM

:hockeysmile:

I was active up until a few weeks ago when I officially had no hope.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was active up until a few weeks ago when I officially had no hope.

Maybe so, but those last few weeks you aren't active could affect division championships, playoff teams and seeding, ect...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but those last few weeks you aren't active could affect division championships, playoff teams and seeding, ect...

Well I wont argue that. Not that my records were that different than they were when I was paying attention.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year, active participants from this years leagues only!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck man, I should have taken Malkin instead of Ovechkin.