• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a) yes, maverick has been a huge bitch all year long
b) that proposed trade is awful and really should be vetoed. Wayne/Jeff - You aren't just fucking w/ Maverick, you are fucking with everyone else in the league
c) Wayne, don't drop your teams, because again, that fucks with everyone else who still cares about their teams.
d) Loco - standing pat with your team will be out of your hands soon. trade deadline only a few days away.
e) I can't believe how shit my goalies have been this week.

The trade you made with Isles was heavily in your favor also, at least to everyone except you, but it was allowed to go through, right? Cammalleri isn't even a top 200 rated player, and yes, player ratings DO mean something in fantasy hockey or they wouldn't rate them. You got players rated at 5 and 87 right now, Isles got 26 and 204. Yeah, the scales are slightly tipped in your favor there.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who would complain if I traded with Hawaii for:

Get:
Ovi
Pavelski
D. Doughty
Bobrovsky

Gave:
D. Sedin
Chara
Toews
Halak

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN!!!

I just took a look at the standings, Puck, and our teams have extremely similar strengths and weaknesses. Most of the categories should be close margins and I expect a tight matchup. Bonne chance, mon ami.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN!!!

I just took a look at the standings, Puck, and our teams have extremely similar strengths and weaknesses. Most of the categories should be close margins and I expect a tight matchup. Bonne chance, mon ami.

Back atcha, brother.
I just need Crosby to miraculously return, and some clarification on lecavalier's timetable.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade you made with Isles was heavily in your favor also, at least to everyone except you, but it was allowed to go through, right? Cammalleri isn't even a top 200 rated player, and yes, player ratings DO mean something in fantasy hockey or they wouldn't rate them. You got players rated at 5 and 87 right now, Isles got 26 and 204. Yeah, the scales are slightly tipped in your favor there.

Uhm, unless someone can give me a good reason not to, as LM I was going to veto the trade in league 2

Do what you gotta do, but I don't know why mine is veto'd yet the one in bold was allowed as it was heavily in Puck's favor. I also find it odd that people complained I traded away an injured player in league 1 earlier this season where the bitching was about me strengthening someone yet now I catch grief trading another injured player because it helps me. It's one particular owner who has been inconsistent with his gripes. Why don't you just veto every trade made within the past 2 weeks and make everyone happy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is I got shit for trading a player who was "out" because I was helping the guy I traded him to, ie the trade helping puck, and now in doing the same thing with Lecavalier the reasoning is reversed, lol. If I were to trade Crosby at this stage, people wouldn't be bitching about puck getting him but me trading him away. A certain person is bitching about "lopsided" trades unless it's him involved also.

I would be more than happy to veto every trade made this season in BOTH leagues (including both of mine). Why!? Altogether, they benefit you and others a shitload more than they benefit me.

I've worked all season long to get my team in prime position and it's peaking right now in both leagues. My stats have never been better. I don't NEED to make any moves. YOU are the guy that feels he NEEDS to make these trades to be more competitive, NOT me.

Now what does that tell us? It tells us that this "unless it's him involved" bullshit you're feeding us is a total crock. My team is SET in BOTH leagues without ANY trades. Yours!? With all do respect...not so much. That's just telling it like it is. I'm not sugar coating anything and some of you have a problem with that, while others just continue to be inactive or have no opinion on the matter whatsoever. So be it.

You're simply taking advantage of the fact that horrible trades can't be vetoed in either league due to inactivity. I don't need that advantage, while you apparently do. That's why YOU have taken the initiative to make them first, not me.

I made my two trades for two reasons ONLY. Two of my competitors (you included) had already made trades and for whatever reason, the Isles still desperately wanted to wheel and deal. If he can trade with you and it's accepted, then there's nothing wrong with him trading with me.

That said, I gave up arguably the hottest goalie in the Nhl to upgrade my defense and for the second trade, Lucic was the player on my block that he wanted for Sharp and I was willing to part with him, despite taking a huge hit in PIM's.

My sincerest apologies on the Datsyuk injury by the way. I'm not sure if that's the equivalent of you getting your hand caught in the cookie jar or not. On the bright side, you could always trade him back (injured) to the Isle for Getzlaf or Tavares (healthy). I hear he's looking to downgrade... :bowl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you just veto every trade made within the past 2 weeks and make everyone happy.

Don't look now, but we're in complete agreement on this. I didn't make my trades to push my team over the top. I can get there without any trades. My hand was forced by you and others, who felt they had to make upgrades to compete with other teams in the playoffs, namely mine.

Also, I'm sure you'd be more than happy to send back Datsyuk now that he's worthless to you for possibly the entire first round of the playoffs. Funny how that works...lol

Nonetheless, I'd gladly veto all trades made in the past two weeks in both leagues. That's two of us. I'm sure there are at least a couple more.

Last edited by a moderator:

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftr, trade in league 2

FukU traded Patrice Bergeron, Bos C to Hawaii
FukU traded Erik Karlsson, Ott D to Hawaii
FukU traded Antti Niemi, SJ G to Hawaii

Hi5O traded John Carlson, Wsh D to Skullfuckers
Hi5O traded Sam Gagner, Edm C to Skullfuckers
Hi5O traded Sergei Bobrovsky, Phi G to Skullfuckers

I'm trying to stay out of things as LM and not become overly active, but in this case Hawaii wins with every player

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftr, trade in league 2

FukU traded Patrice Bergeron, Bos C to Hawaii
FukU traded Erik Karlsson, Ott D to Hawaii
FukU traded Antti Niemi, SJ G to Hawaii

Hi5O traded John Carlson, Wsh D to Skullfuckers
Hi5O traded Sam Gagner, Edm C to Skullfuckers
Hi5O traded Sergei Bobrovsky, Phi G to Skullfuckers

I'm trying to stay out of things as LM and not become overly active, but in this case Hawaii wins with every player

Agreed. Dreadful trade. Again though, all I can do is veto it and then watch it go through a couple days later after others (due to inactivity, not caring etc.) fail to do the same.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work, ESPN. Dubnyk, the Oilers goalie, apparently had a 32 save, 60 minute shutout in a 5-3 win over the Jets.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I don't NEED to make any moves. YOU are the guy that feels he NEEDS to make these trades to be more competitive, NOT me.

...I made my two trades for two reasons ONLY. Two of my competitors (you included) had already made trades and for whatever reason, the Isles still desperately wanted to wheel and deal. If he can trade with you and it's accepted, then there's nothing wrong with him trading with me.

Well that makes sense...

How do you sleep at night? ;)

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the league isn't keeping up with their teams so doesn't really matter who is winning and shit. pretty sad. Can't wait for a keeper league next season.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to apologize for my team. The simple fact is I gave them everything, and picked good players but they let me down every step of the way. There is no I in team boys.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Isle still making trades? Your season is done. So stupid.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestions for rule changes for next year (to make everyone happy)...
-Trade deadline a month before the playoffs
-Limit the number of transactions to the equivalent of about 3-4 per week
-1 IR spot so you can hold on to an injured player you believe in

I'd also say take the best/most active/non-asshole owners from each league and just have one.

From League 1, I think that's Puck, Vadered, Rit, Comeds, and myself. I'd say maybe Isle and Beantown, but some questionable shit down the stretch. I've never been a part of any fantasy league with this many weird deals happening at the end with teams that weren't going to make the playoffs. Pretty disappointing end to a mostly fun season.