• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you had no problem with someone trying to acquire Jeff's 4 best players, but have a problem with my deal. Giguere has been injured with a groin injury, that's why he's been on the bench. Before that, he had started 6 of 8 games dating back to 1/24, and started last night and got the win against the Wings. But if it'll keep you from whining and let win win in both of these distinguished league, I'll bench my entire team from here on out. You act like it's a money league or something.

It's not a money league, but really...why even bother to play if this is how it's going to be at the end just before the playoffs?

I'm not against trades by any means, but when you see two buddies, one in last place and one solidly in the playoffs, swapping players that compare in no way, it looks pretty bad, no!?!

LOL It's fucking laughable. Are you really going to argue me on this!?! This trade happened, the other didn't. What is your point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not waste my time setting lineups, benching certain players at certain times and replacing injured players with just the right free agents etc. etc. just to have an idiot dump his players to a contending team right before the playoffs. REALLY!?! ROFL

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a money league, but really...why even bother to play if this is how it's going to be at the end just before the playoffs?

I'm not against trades by any means, but when you see two buddies, one in last place and one solidly in the playoffs, swapping players that compare in no way, it looks pretty bad, no!?!

LOL It's fucking laughable. Are you really going to argue me on this!?!

Nope, not going to argue over a meaningless fantasy league. I'm benching my from here on out in order to give lower teams the playoff spot and EVERY player on my team is up for grabs. Make any offer people.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not going to argue over a meaningless fantasy league. I'm benching my from here on out in order to give lower teams the playoff spot and EVERY player on my team is up for grabs. Make any offer people.

Go ahead, blow the whole fucking league up. I'd call you a sore loser, but you're not even going to give me the opportunity to beat your ass fair and square.

:clap2:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead, blow the whole fucking league up. I'd call you a sore loser, but you're not even going to give me the opportunity to beat your ass fair and square.

:clap2:

Funny how you're calling someone a sore loser, who hasn't lost anything yet, but are doing the bulk of the whining over trades in BOTH leagues. You had no problem upgrading your team though huh? Enjoy the trophy you win, LMAO

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you're calling someone a sore loser, who hasn't lost anything yet, but are doing the bulk of the whining over trades in BOTH leagues. You had no problem upgrading your team though huh? Enjoy the trophy you win, LMAO

I said "I'd call you a sore loser, but..."

That means...I didn't call you one because you're not giving me the chance. Buy a fucking clue...lol

I made two trades in ONE of the leagues (after two others) that were in my opinion better deals for the Isles than he got elsewhere.

Now you've made one in League 2 that is just absurd...and yet you're taking shots at me...

:der:

Alright, so Giguere WAS injured. Lecavalier REMAINS fucking injured, you dolt. Please explain that. The fact of the matter is that you're raping him in the trade, but he couldn't give two shits because he's in last place and isn't playing. Might as well have a Bruin win it all, eh? lol

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said "I'd call you a sore loser, but..."

That means...I didn't call you one because you're not giving me the chance. Buy a fucking clue...lol

I made two trades in ONE of the leagues (after two others) that were in my opinion better deals for the Isles than he got elsewhere.

Now you've made one in League 2 that is just absurd...and yet you're taking shots at me...

:der:

Of course you going to say YOUR deals were better deals. And I'm pretty sure YOU are the one throwing stones at everyone. I'm done with this convo.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see a huge difference between my trades and this one, God help you.

It doesn't matter anyway. You're still holding a serious grudge against me for speaking out earlier in the season and wouldn't take my side even if you secretly agreed with me 100% in full.

Lol. It's not a grudge. I don't like you. Holding a grudge would imply I think about getting back at you, in which case I would just trade my best parts to someone so you wouldn't win. That's not the case. I think you are a small, annoying person who brags constantly to fill what hole in your life I don't know. You tell everyone what they should do, act like you know everything, and belittle others. Is that a fun person to be around? Not really. You've made the league not fun at times. You've made very trivial matters into a big deal. You asked me how I can sleep with myself at night b/c of some add/drops. Is that a fun person to be around? Not really.

And this has nothing to do with earlier in the season, it has to do with a few weeks ago you calling people out for bad trades, then you made one yourself, and now you're complaining again. YES, i do see a difference. But they are all part of the same problem.

I've explained this to you multiple times - YOU don't set the line for what is cheating and what is acceptable. And YOU can't participate in trades you admit are wrong only to complain about trades you see as "more wrong." You've lost that privilege. This is the EXACT SAME THING I mentioned to you early in the year - that you as an individual don't set the morality, especially when you refuse to abide by it when it is convenient for you.

Do you seriously not understand how flawed that logic is?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you going to say YOUR deals were better deals. And I'm pretty sure YOU are the one throwing stones at everyone. I'm done with this convo.

I'll repeat this in case you missed it, because it's very telling and you're not going to want to answer.

Alright, so Giguere WAS injured. Lecavalier REMAINS fucking injured, you dolt. Please explain that. The fact of the matter is that you're raping him in the trade, but he couldn't give two shits because he's in last place and isn't playing. Might as well have a Bruin win it all, eh? lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, Wayne, that's not right either.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My league 1 players are up for grabs also. So much for SportsHoopla leagues. Bitching about every trade in both football and hockey leagues.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My league 1 players are up for grabs also. So much for SportsHoopla leagues. Bitching about every trade in both football and hockey leagues.

Please don't do that, Wayne. IMO, I think we should just have 1 league for hockey next year and leave out Mav and the non-participants. If we get the good players in it, it should be fine. But don't just punt the season like that. You're better than that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the bottom line:

When people put a lot of time and effort into a fantasy league (yes, even if it's not for money), they are bound to get upset when someone with a lesser team suddenly upgrades substantially via extremely shady deals at the last minute.

That should be common sense, but I figure I'd explain it for you or anyone else that is a tad slow on this issue.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Wayne, that's not right either.

Fuck it. I don't need the hassle in a league that wins you nothing except bragging rights, which obviously Maverick wants so bad. It's too bad because Tyler is a great league commissioner. Me and Jeff discussed trading these players back in January when we were driving home from Philly. I quit my free chip poker league over the same type of whining and bullshit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's laughable is you participating in it. If I win the playoffs, there won't be an * next to my title. :)

Nor mine. I've had the best team (before and after any trades) and if my team wins, it will remain the best team. If you win, hats off to you, your team will be the best.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor mine. I've had the best team (before and after any trades) and if my team wins, it will remain the best team. If you win, hats off to you, your team will be the best.

Kinda notice you didn't answer any of my comments about being so hypocritical. And no, I would put a * next to your title. Mostly, I hope I never have to play in a league with you again. I'd rather be in last place with some nice/fun guys than be in the playoffs and listen to your bullshit over and over again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda notice you didn't answer any of my comments about being so hypocritical. And no, I would put a * next to your title. Mostly, I hope I never have to play in a league with you again. I'd rather be in last place with some nice/fun guys than be in the playoffs and listen to your bullshit over and over again.

Unfortunately, you don't know me at all, which is a shame. I welcome a fun, competitive, active league with owners that understand all of the rules. I also wish for a league where every player tries to make his team better and not that of someone else.

In case you hadn't noticed, this is a bit of a two on one. I'd be more than happy to go through each of your comments one by one, but I simply don't have the time and it's not getting through to you anyway. Bedtime for me.

If you'd have done this with me before in other leagues, you'd see that I'm very competitive and successful, but also always play fair. Anyone who also plays fair and has success, has earned it and I'm more than happy to congratulate them.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eloco, feel free to make a fair offer if there's someone on my team you like. I agree 100% with the bold. The thing is, Jeff would have traded with anyone who offered. I just kept re-proposing the trade because he was moving again and just got his internet service back. That's when I messaged him and let him know I made an offer.