• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is discussing trades via pm's cheating? There are ZERO rules against it and I see no reason why anyone has to keep YOU informed of any trades that might come up. Unless you can provide any real proof of cheating, shut the fuck up and put your tampon on!!

Seems like that struck a nerve eh? I wonder why... :der:

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time is money and there's been plenty of time spent on this league by a number of people, myself included. Thanks for your thoughtful input however. The fact that BTM has openly discussed cheating via PM's and then acted on it via trades in this money-free league might interest you and help explain why there is so much "bitching and moaning."

If your free time is that valuable don't play is all I'm saying. Just quit setting your team. I've played in a bunch of free (and money for that matter, lol) leagues that have had shady things go on. I voice a (a = one) complaint and if it's not followed through on or rectified, I just quit playing in the league. I'm not saying you're wrong Mav (as it does seem like there have been some strange happenings), I'm just saying why waste your time/money on a league you don't enjoy and then even more time and money complaining on here? Especially when there is no actual money to be lost and since your time is money, it would actually gain you money to quit.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like that struck a nerve eh? I wonder why... :der:

Provide proof of cheating. You can't because there wasn't any. There's no rule saying you cannot have contact with other owners via messaging. There's no rule saying you cannot trade with owners who aren't very active. There's no rule against making daily free agent moves. As a matter of fact, thee aren't any rules backing any of the bitching you've done. What we would like to know is, what makes you think your opinion is the know all, final say opinion? As far as you're concerned, your trade was the only fair, legal, even trade, and everyone else made unfair trades. Obviously you don't know the rules. Only 4 owners are needed to veto trades, and there are more than 4 active owners in both leagues. You also have the option to e-mail the LM and protest any activity regarding trades and FA. You chose to whine like a jilted school girl instead. You didn't strike any nerve believe me. I'm just waiting for your proof of any cheating at all?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bitching and moaning aside, there's a pretty good match going on in the 4-5 battle in league 1.

goals, assists, PPG, PPA all tied after a week.

Yeah, Puck. SO sick how close this match is. I'm glad I'm ridiculously busy at work right now or I'd be obsessing over it. I have so many players overlapping this week, I think it might do me in. But awesome match either way it goes! :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will miss me. Why? I'm strong competition and I'm not a fan of bullshit. Apparently this was a league where anyone can get away with whatever they like and nobody cares. You guys have fun with that next season. Again, I don't need to make shady trades or use the free agent pool as my bench to get there either. I do my homework, draft smart and I'm right on top of the trends in order to pick up better players asap via free agency. That's why I have my division won easily in both leagues with or without any trades.

Except that you did! Hilarious. It's a good thing the season is almost over... your soapbox must be buckling under the constant weight.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Puck. SO sick how close this match is. I'm glad I'm ridiculously busy at work right now or I'd be obsessing over it. I have so many players overlapping this week, I think it might do me in. But awesome match either way it goes! :)

I hate weeks where the players games line up like that. They all play one day, then no one does.
My goalies are kind of like that this week, but I am down to 1.5 active goalies now. I have no chance on wins and saves, so I need to pick my spots to protect sv% and GAA (so no games for Voukun even if he does play :) )
And if i get through this, Sid could be back in time for the semi-finals.
that would help

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Two days to go and it's all tied up, 6-6-1.
Save % is within 0.0009.

You do realize that this could come down to Ovechkin vs Crosby on sunday. :eek2:.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit. -11 tonight! Ritari is slowly catching up to me in +/-!!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe how close everything still is, Puck. Incredible matchup. Hats off.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Can't believe how close everything still is, Puck. Incredible matchup. Hats off.

looks like no Sid for me tomorrow.
thought that might have been the kicker.

good thing that site auto-refreshes, otherwise I might break my F5 button.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like no Sid for me tomorrow.
thought that might have been the kicker.

good thing that site auto-refreshes, otherwise I might break my F5 button.

Phew... as a Caps' fan, if Sid would have sunk me, that would have been a killer. I can take it if Zetterberg or Higgins does the deed. :)

I'm very excited to not be working right now (have been doing 70-75-hour weeks for a month now) and to get to watch some hockey tonight.

Should we start a Puck v. Eloco GNT?

I have a box of Girl Scout cookies and I'm watching hockey highlights all night. Lol. God bless NHL Tonight.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the 8:00 games begin. It's about to get real in the Whole Foods' parking lot.

Differential =
Goals +3 Puck
Assists +4 Eloco
PIMs +6 Puck
PPG tied
PPA +1 Puck
STP +2 Eloco
Shots +10 Eloco

Uncontested
ATOI - Eloco
Wins - Eloco
Saves - Eloco
+/- Puck

GAA/Save Pct split but no goalies in action. 7-5-1 Eloco ahead.... for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Puck, it all comes down to today in a super tight battle. 6v6 with some big names on tap.

I think there are four categories in play today:
Power play goals - tied
Power play assists - you are down 1
Shots - you are down 4
Save percentage - micro fractions apart

If you can take 3 of those 4, you'll probably win. If not, then it looks like I move on.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goalies have let in only 1 on the last 70 shots or so... all while on the bench. :L

I have a bad feeling. God damn it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well Puck, it all comes down to today in a super tight battle. 6v6 with some big names on tap.

I think there are four categories in play today:
Power play goals - tied
Power play assists - you are down 1
Shots - you are down 4
Save percentage - micro fractions apart

If you can take 3 of those 4, you'll probably win. If not, then it looks like I move on.

Also, if lundqvist makes 205 saves today, I can steal that category too.

I did give consideration to picking up every scrub on the free agent pile that was playing today
Oh well, I think it's going to be too little, too late for me. And I missed sid by about one game.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 total periods left to play for each side after two weeks of play and PPG and PPA are both tied making it a 6-5-2 or 5-6-2 match. Next PP point probably wins it or if Lundqvist can hold down the fort.