• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you meant this some other way, but teams should not be trading to help improve playoff teams at their own expense. That's pretty unfair to competitive balance of the league.

Surprised there isn't a trade deadline actually.

Trade Deadline
Wednesday, February 29, 12PM ET

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you meant this some other way, but teams should not be trading to help improve playoff teams at their own expense. That's pretty unfair to competitive balance of the league.

The trade that was made earlier today was fair. I assure you nobody is going to get an unfair advantage from any trade I make.

If you or anyone else is interested in players on my team in League 1 make me an offer.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, I started 3 skaters tonight and ended up with 4G, 3A, 3 PPG, 2 PPA.

That's more than I get when I start a full roster some nights!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus H Jeff aka Antarctican skullfuckers.. you want me to take over your FHL this year too? :sly: :doh:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veto Both Trades in League #1

Isle of Doom, with all do respect, what in the hell are you doing!?

You're 6 and a half games back of a playoff spot with two weeks to go AND already up a few games on the guy you're chasing (for this week) and what do you do?

You give him Datsyuk and get lesser talent in return... (Getzlaf is normally close, but he's having a rough year)

Umm alright... (Whitney is scorching hot, that's about the only plus for you whatsoever in this trade)

Even more shockingly, you also give up Claude Giroux, who is tied for second in the Nhl in points, for two guys on non-playoff teams. Yeah, Tavares is having a nice season and all, but not the breakout year that G is. Then you have Cammalleri, who is slumping badly, especially with his new team.

I will say that the trade to The Monster Ballads is way more unfair, but they are still both considerably lopsided in my opinion.

Anyway, I would've thought you'd be dressing the best players you possibly could and going all out to make the playoffs, but instead, you're downgrading to help the very teams you're chasing upgrade.

Unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the trade I made with Isles is very fair. Look up what their rating is.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the trade I made with Isles is very fair. Look up what their rating is.

Ratings don't mean anything. You're smart enough to know that.

Getzlaf's production is down almost 40% from just last season and his team is struggling just the same. He's third on his non-playoff team in points and has recorded only 8 goals this entire season with a putrid -13.

Datsyuk is one of the top players in the game for one of the top teams. In fact, you could argue he's the best player on the best team. He's right on pace with last season except healthier. Point per game, huge assists, power play and +/- to boot.

The other two players involved in the deal aren't as noteworthy. Ryder leads his team in goals and Whitney leads his team in assists/points with both of them on teams that are battling for their playoff lives. Whitney is scorching hot (although he is about to turn 40 and will very likely slow some). That is the one and only advantage to the Isle of Doom in this trade.

Meanwhile, you've got plenty of advantages coming your way with Datsyuk alone, but I suspect you knew this already (which is why making the trade was a no-brainer, for you).

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter anyway as there's probably not enough time or active managers to get the trade vetoed by this afternoon anyway.

Congratulations. :thumb:

On that note, I really do look forward to having a full, active league instead of two leagues with 60% participation in each. I think we could definitely fill one league with 10 or hopefully 12 teams (the more, the merrier) and have it be a lot more competitive.

Thank you, Eloco. :first: :peace2:

I think this makes my team the Capitals with a shot at becoming the Red Wings, no?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Both trades are lopsided, especially the one involving Giroux. That is an absolute steal. I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll just put it simply.

Giroux > Tavares (by a lot) and Williams > Cammalleri (by a lot)

Hell, even the teams they play for are much better altogether.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isle of Doom, with all do respect, what in the hell are you doing!?

You're 6 and a half games back of a playoff spot with two weeks to go AND already up a few games on the guy you're chasing (for this week) and what do you do?

You give him Datsyuk and get lesser talent in return... (Getzlaf is normally close, but he's having a rough year)

Umm alright... (Whitney is scorching hot, that's about the only plus for you whatsoever in this trade)

Even more shockingly, you also give up Claude Giroux, who is tied for second in the Nhl in points, for two guys on non-playoff teams. Yeah, Tavares is having a nice season and all, but not the breakout year that G is. Then you have Cammalleri, who is slumping badly, especially with his new team.

I will say that the trade to The Monster Ballads is way more unfair, but they are still both considerably lopsided in my opinion.

Anyway, I would've thought you'd be dressing the best players you possibly could and going all out to make the playoffs, but instead, you're downgrading to help the very teams you're chasing upgrade.

Unreal.

If you & others vote to veto the trades so be it. It's up to you. I set my lineups everyday. Believe it or not I am trying to make the playoffs. I just feel the odds aren't very good at this point. Tavares is having a very good season & the Isles are playing very well right now. When it came to Cammy I decided to go with my gut. I think he's going to kick it into gear the last part of this season.

The Ducks are kicking butt right now. Getzlaf is starting to put up points. Whitney is on the Yotes top line & a big reason why Vrbata is doing so well.

I just accepted a trade offer from Johnstown. You & others will probably want to take a look at it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
negotiated trades are what they are. Giroux and Tavares have the same amount of goals, and are only 7 points difference. They aren't the worlds apart you are making out.

DBNI and I had several players in discussions, and came to an agreement of what we both wanted.
We had a similar trade last year where I got one of the Sedins from him... there was mild outcry because i got "the best player" in the deal, but that was a pretty distinct turning point in his season getting better.

bottom line - DBNI very clearly said he wanted to make some trades. Everyone was free to make offers, and he was free to accept / decline / counter.
the way I read it, he isn't tanking to help others, he is shaking things up to try to pass one team.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are winners in each of the trades but I do not think any of them are anything sneaky or dastardly. So therefore I allowed each.

I have forgotten to switch my lineups a few times but overall I am active but just suck.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these trades can be vetoed because there aren't enough active users (in addition to the teams trading) to veto them...lol

It doesn't matter. If you guys are going to make these deals, then I am too, and so should everyone else. May the best team win come playoff time.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these trades can be vetoed because there aren't enough active users (in addition to the teams trading) to veto them...lol

It doesn't matter. If you guys are going to make these deals, then I am too, and so should everyone else. May the best team win come playoff time.

Feel free to make all the deals you want. I'm open for business.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are winners in each of the trades but I do not think any of them are anything sneaky or dastardly. So therefore I allowed each.

I have forgotten to switch my lineups a few times but overall I am active but just suck.

You just haven't patched enough holes. There are 8-10 players on your team that are either injured and/or have no business being on any fantasy team. If you swapped them (once each) for better players on the free agent market and started them daily, your team would perform much better.

I think the shapely ass at the top of this page is slowly hypnotizing me, which keeps me coming back for more. :faint2:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings don't mean anything. You're smart enough to know that.

Getzlaf's production is down almost 40% from just last season and his team is struggling just the same. He's third on his non-playoff team in points and has recorded only 8 goals this entire season with a putrid -13.

Datsyuk is one of the top players in the game for one of the top teams. In fact, you could argue he's the best player on the best team. He's right on pace with last season except healthier. Point per game, huge assists, power play and +/- to boot.

The other two players involved in the deal aren't as noteworthy. Ryder leads his team in goals and Whitney leads his team in assists/points with both of them on teams that are battling for their playoff lives. Whitney is scorching hot (although he is about to turn 40 and will very likely slow some). That is the one and only advantage to the Isle of Doom in this trade.

Meanwhile, you've got plenty of advantages coming your way with Datsyuk alone, but I suspect you knew this already (which is why making the trade was a no-brainer, for you).

Ratings may not matter in the real game, but in fantasy sports they mean a hell of a lot. The trade I made was fair, and I couldn't care less what others think of it.