• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in League 1 the Bunnies beat me 8-5. The playoffs are highly unlikely. I'm hoping to continue to make the week miserable for my opponents.

In league 2 I went 8-4-1. I'm barely holding on to 5th place. Hawaii is gaining on me big time.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey a decent week for me! The comeback begins!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis, Vadered. I think maybe you just typed wrong and meant to say hard here. I play 3 of 4 playoff teams down the stretch, so unlikely to make a move on first. Nice to see my team playing so well the last month though.

Looks like PIMs will decided what was basically a draw between Mav and I this week. He'll keep #1 - kudos on that. But I wouldn't be comfortable if I were him and saw me as a playoff matchup this year. :)

Here's a ranking of difficulty of schedules for the playoff hopefuls, based on the combined win totals of their remaining opponents (not counting week 15):

1. Finest 426
2. Debaters 409
3. Bunnies 396
4. Doormats 362
5. Jets 344
6. Ballards 300
7. Isles 286

That puts you right in the middle. I guess you are a glass half empty kind of guy? And I believe I said in the post you quoted that you won't move up or down.

Nah, Finest is seeded 2nd and plays 1, 3, 4, and 5, I'm seeded 4th and play 1, 2, 5, and 7, Bunnies are seeded 5th and play 2, 3, 4 and a non-playoff team, and you are seeded 3rd and play 2, 5, 6, and a non-playoff team. You're doing alright schedule wise.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in League 1 the Bunnies beat me 8-5. The playoffs are highly unlikely. I'm hoping to continue to make the week miserable for my opponents.

In league 2 I went 8-4-1. I'm barely holding on to 5th place. Hawaii is gaining on me big time.

Don't count yourself out in league 1. You still have a FAR easier schedule than the Bunnies, and you play me last and I am easily bribed should my playoff spot be secure.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+/-, ATOI, and goalie stats are all that's really keeping me there..don't think get any higher...I'm damn near bottom of the stats for G/A/PPG/PPA/SOG/STP.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a ranking of difficulty of schedules for the playoff hopefuls, based on the combined win totals of their remaining opponents (not counting week 15):

1. Finest 426
2. Debaters 409
3. Bunnies 396
4. Doormats 362
5. Jets 344
6. Ballards 300
7. Isles 286

That puts you right in the middle. I guess you are a glass half empty kind of guy? And I believe I said in the post you quoted that you won't move up or down..

Easy there. No, I'm an optimist. I play 4 contenders and both the division leaders in the last 5 weeks. I figured other teams had an easier schedule than that, but you are right. I just thought you made a typo, my bad. The contenders are playing each other A LOT in the last few weeks of the season. Craziness.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there. No, I'm an optimist. I play 4 contenders and both the division leaders in the last 5 weeks. I figured other teams had an easier schedule than that, but you are right. I just thought you made a typo, my bad. The contenders are playing each other A LOT in the last few weeks of the season. Craziness.

I DONUT MAEK TYPOS, ELO!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want proof my grammar is correct? I submit to you this sentence:

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

QED.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+/-, ATOI, and goalie stats are all that's really keeping me there..don't think get any higher...I'm damn near bottom of the stats for G/A/PPG/PPA/SOG/STP.

Right now I'll be happy if I make the playoffs in either league. Your team is solid. My goalies are my biggest problem in both leagues. I've been depending on Nabokov a lot lately. Counting on an Islanders goalie is kind of scary.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look across the entire league, scoring is low this week and there are many teams with monster goalie numbers. Just a low scoring week across the NHL for whatever reason.

Where did I say I gave a rats ass what the goalies any of YOU schmucks are facing did? This all about ME!!!

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League 1 is winding down much like the NHL regular season does - there are some folks who are pretty much in, some folks who are pretty much out, and a few fighting for the last few playoff spots.

Analysis of remaining schedule of the top seven:

1. Johnstown Jets (122-53-7, leading West) - The Jets are in cruise, with two weeks against sub-70 win teams followed by two against plus 100. I'd say they'd want to build a buffer but they'll probably make the playoffs even if they don't win another game.

2. Finland's Finest (113-62-7, leading East) - A big matchup next week against the Debaters for control of the division. The Finest will want to at the very least draw, as they have the hardest possible schedule remaining (the number 2 seed vs. nos. 4, 3, 5, and 1). A potential big matchup the final week of the regular season against the Jets could very well decide the top seed (if neither side rests their players, haha).

3. DC Doormats (113-61-8, 2nd in West) The Doormats are anything but, but are unlikely to move up or down in the playoff standings as they play a relatively easy schedule, but they might be playing spoiler as two of their opponents are on the playoff bubble.

4. Vadered Debaters (101-68-13, 2nd in East) - The Debaters are a team that realistically could miss the playoffs if they don't win some games, but they are still in decent shape. A big matchup against the division leading Finest could position them to take a shot at the division or knock them out of the race entirely and leave them scrambling for their playoff lives. The Debaters do benefit from a slightly easier schedule than Finland afterwards, but not much.

5. Team Fuzzy Bunnies (90-84-8, 3rd in West) - The Bunnies are the first of the teams truly on the bubble, and their schedule will not help them. They run into 3 of the top 4 teams over the next 3 weeks, and get a breather the last week. The question is, with the two teams below them having soft schedules, will that last week matter?

5. Monster Ballards (90-84-8, 3rd in East) - Tied with the Bunnies, the Ballards are in a good position to make a run and secure a playoff spot. Only one of their final four opponents is in playoff contention.

7. Isle of Doom (84-91-7, 4th in West) - The Isles are 6.5 games out of the playoffs at the moment, but like the Ballards they have a favorable schedule - the best of any of the playoff teams, actually. They only need to catch one of the two teams above them, and they have the tiebreaker (head to head) over each.

My random-guess playoff predictions:
1. Jets
2. Finest
3. Doormats
4. Ballards
5. Debaters
6. of Doom

PFFFFFFT!!! If it weren't for the fact the goon players on all you other guys team are taking runs at my players, I'd be rabbit kicking your asses!!!!! :finger:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFFFFFFT!!! If it weren't for the fact the goon players on all you other guys team are taking runs at my players, I'd be rabbit kicking your asses!!!!! :finger:

You've exposed my strategy! I tried to collect durable and reckless/nasty players like Ott, Burrows, and Ovechkin to ensure my team is healthy and that your teams are slowly whittled down. ;)

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've exposed my strategy! I tried to collect durable and reckless/nasty players like Ott, Burrows, and Ovechkin to ensure my team is healthy and that your teams are slowly whittled down. ;)

Well you HAD to do something seeing how Bolts has taken up your strategy of adding and dropping players on the daily

:behindsofa:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you HAD to do something seeing how Bolts has taken up your strategy of adding and dropping players on the daily

:behindsofa:

It's all good. I can't help it if Johansson got hurt. He didn't even play on Sunday. My League 1 team has some injuries just like everyone else. Suter finally came back last night. Sharp & Duchene are still out. It is what it is.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. I can't help it if Johansson got hurt. He didn't even play on Sunday. My League 1 team has some injuries just like everyone else. Suter finally came back last night. Sharp & Duchene are still out. It is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a good week for both my FH teams, add on wins by the Bruins and Celtics today, will have to help me get over the Pats losing the SB

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a good week for both my FH teams, add on wins by the Bruins and Celtics today, will have to help me get over the Pats losing the SB

That's the thing isn't it, you'd give up all those wins for the Super Bowl? I know I would. As a Chargers fan I'm very disappointed as well.