• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
is it top 3 from each conference that makes the playoffs, or top 6 overall.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the heck is New Jersey Rabid Squirells? Dude forgot to set his roster.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is having... issues. The Chicago Florida game should be in the 2nd period by now, but according to my fantasy league page, Keith and Seabrook have played about a minute each and there are 17 minutes left in the zeroth (zerotst? zerond? zerord?) period.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opponents in BOTH leagues are getting lights out goal tending this week. What The Fuck!!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opponents in BOTH leagues are getting lights out goal tending this week. What The Fuck!!!

If you look across the entire league, scoring is low this week and there are many teams with monster goalie numbers. Just a low scoring week across the NHL for whatever reason.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my opponent has a GAA of 0.99, and a SV% of .9661, and only one win in four starts, which means his goalies are giving up less than a goal a game and STILL LOSING.

Everyone is standing on their head this week.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think I started the week with 2 shutouts in 3 games.
not helping the low offense by leaving 1G 3A on the bench already today (just poor decisions) :L

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League 1 is winding down much like the NHL regular season does - there are some folks who are pretty much in, some folks who are pretty much out, and a few fighting for the last few playoff spots.

Analysis of remaining schedule of the top seven:

1. Johnstown Jets (122-53-7, leading West) - The Jets are in cruise, with two weeks against sub-70 win teams followed by two against plus 100. I'd say they'd want to build a buffer but they'll probably make the playoffs even if they don't win another game.

2. Finland's Finest (113-62-7, leading East) - A big matchup next week against the Debaters for control of the division. The Finest will want to at the very least draw, as they have the hardest possible schedule remaining (the number 2 seed vs. nos. 4, 3, 5, and 1). A potential big matchup the final week of the regular season against the Jets could very well decide the top seed (if neither side rests their players, haha).

3. DC Doormats (113-61-8, 2nd in West) The Doormats are anything but, but are unlikely to move up or down in the playoff standings as they play a relatively easy schedule, but they might be playing spoiler as two of their opponents are on the playoff bubble.

4. Vadered Debaters (101-68-13, 2nd in East) - The Debaters are a team that realistically could miss the playoffs if they don't win some games, but they are still in decent shape. A big matchup against the division leading Finest could position them to take a shot at the division or knock them out of the race entirely and leave them scrambling for their playoff lives. The Debaters do benefit from a slightly easier schedule than Finland afterwards, but not much.

5. Team Fuzzy Bunnies (90-84-8, 3rd in West) - The Bunnies are the first of the teams truly on the bubble, and their schedule will not help them. They run into 3 of the top 4 teams over the next 3 weeks, and get a breather the last week. The question is, with the two teams below them having soft schedules, will that last week matter?

5. Monster Ballards (90-84-8, 3rd in East) - Tied with the Bunnies, the Ballards are in a good position to make a run and secure a playoff spot. Only one of their final four opponents is in playoff contention.

7. Isle of Doom (84-91-7, 4th in West) - The Isles are 6.5 games out of the playoffs at the moment, but like the Ballards they have a favorable schedule - the best of any of the playoff teams, actually. They only need to catch one of the two teams above them, and they have the tiebreaker (head to head) over each.

My random-guess playoff predictions:
1. Jets
2. Finest
3. Doormats
4. Ballards
5. Debaters
6. of Doom

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Beantown the schedule makers are in your favor Sunday. You have 9 really good players in action today. I'll need a lot of help to win any of the offensive categories. It's been a competitive week. Good Luck.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee my goalies had a 4.88 GAA yesterday. Must have been playing in the 80's!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. DC Doormats (113-61-8, 2nd in West) The Doormats are anything but, but are unlikely to move up or down in the playoff standings as they play a relatively easy schedule, but they might be playing spoiler as two of their opponents are on the playoff bubble.

Good analysis, Vadered. I think maybe you just typed wrong and meant to say hard here. I play 3 of 4 playoff teams down the stretch, so unlikely to make a move on first. Nice to see my team playing so well the last month though.

Looks like PIMs will decided what was basically a draw between Mav and I this week. He'll keep #1 - kudos on that. But I wouldn't be comfortable if I were him and saw me as a playoff matchup this year. :)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
important big score against Wicked Pissah this week.
he's the one directly behind me in the East.

now I just need to get some more distance from DBNI
and Crosby coming back sometime in february would be nice.