• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's a bit of a dick move to rotate the bottom of your roster out every day.
however, the biggest point is.... everyone is free to do the same.

it's a free league, no prize at the end. frankly it doesn't seem worth the effort to scour the schedule every day for the entire season. Loco apparently thinks it is.

when there was a discussion earlier about limiting moves to 7 per week next year... I'd prefer to put that down to about 2. just enough to take care of occasional upgrades or injury replacements.

You're right. Absolutely everyone could swap out the bottom of their roster daily if they so desired, it's just not worth it like you say and it IS a dick move.

Also, some rosters are stronger than others, which may or may not mean you have fewer players that are bad enough to be swapped without losing them for good.

If someone like Vadered were to start swapping his players out 10-12 times a week, he may lose a few of them to other managers and ultimately that may hurt his team in the long run. Whereas, someone with a few players they don't care about can just keep swapping them out endlessly without fear just to get the extra games played.

Like I said, I agree with you that somewhere in the line of two moves per week maximum is a great number to work with. Nobody NEEDS more than that unless they drafted a horrific team or are player swapping to gain an edge.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the reason you have no clue what I'm talking about when I claim that the amount of moves per week that you have been making is highly excessive and often frowned upon. I'm a fantasy hockey veteran to say the absolute least and I can tell you from past experience that you don't swap out the same players again and again just to gain an edge in games played. Why? It's just not part of the winning strategy. If it were, you bet your ass I'd be doing it. Don't even begin to tell me that's not what you're doing either because you won a few categories against me based off of that alone. I have seen excessive swapping done in the playoffs when it's all on the line, but nobody in their right mind does it on a weekly basis (except you).

Regardless, losing to you is not what got me in an uproar over this. I have the division lead back anyway, so that has nothing to do with it. Besides, I had my problems with what you're doing long before our week was ever decided or had even begun. It was however cute and typical of you to think I was upset with your tactics simply because I lost, but that is not the case, I can assure you.

An IR spot wouldn't hardly lessen your moves. Why? For the most part, you're dropping perfectly healthy players, then picking them up again two days later. It's laughable and frankly it should be embarrassing on your part, but it's not officially against the rules eh...so keep doing it and have fun...lol

And finally, if someone busts your balls on here because they beat you head to head or took the division lead from you, it's nothing more than a little talk and I sure as hell wouldn't take it to heart as you did when I gloated a bit. Actions speak louder than words however, so if you're going to attempt to player swap your way to the finals, you can do so without my respect and that of a few others as well I am sure. They just don't have the courage to come out and say it.

:finger:

Jesus christ. As I said, it's my first time playing. No idea it was frowned upon. But it was within the rules and I had no idea I was doing anything wrong and I wasn't violating any league rules. Other people actually did say something and I will respect and listen to someone like Vadered who had a reasonable and fair perspective than someone like you ranting and asking "how I sleep at night."

I'm just trying to play and enjoy the game. There are consequences to rotating. Someone picked up Girardi and he's done really well. That's part of the game. Additionally, I've had lots of injuries (2 guys I picked up last week were hurt that same day), so it's not just trying to rotate guys either.

You seem to take it WAY too seriously and act like a giant fucking asshole. Not sure if I'll play next year, but if I do, I hope Mav isn't invited back. I've enjoyed talking, debating, and playing with the rest of you. He is a complete douchebag and he talks down to everyone like they know nothing. That's not how you treat people. Go fuck yourself.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don't know if I even want to play this year. Fun is all being taken out of it now. Dick move? That's a bit much.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ. As I said, it's my first time playing. No idea it was frowned upon. But it was within the rules and I had no idea I was doing anything wrong and I wasn't violating any league rules. Other people actually did say something and I will respect and listen to someone like Vadered who had a reasonable and fair perspective than someone like you ranting and asking "how I sleep at night."

I'm just trying to play and enjoy the game. There are consequences to rotating. Someone picked up Girardi and he's done really well. That's part of the game. Additionally, I've had lots of injuries (2 guys I picked up last week were hurt that same day), so it's not just trying to rotate guys either.

You seem to take it WAY too seriously and act like a giant fucking asshole. Not sure if I'll play next year, but if I do, I hope Mav isn't invited back. I've enjoyed talking, debating, and playing with the rest of you. He is a complete douchebag and he talks down to everyone like they know nothing. That's not how you treat people. Go fuck yourself.

Oh come on. I made the comment you're speaking of half jokingly. I had a feeling this was your first league, but I wasn't sure until you confirmed it for me. I surely wouldn't have said what I said originally if I knew you really, truly didn't know any better. It's a little naive of you anyway to not see what I'm saying considering everyone else is averaging about 10-12 moves to date and you're sitting there with 57...lol

I'm not an asshole. I'm just the first one that had the balls to point out the one glaring issue with this league. Who else in our league am I talking down to if I'm such a "douchebag" and I talk down to everyone?

And yes, it's supposed to be a competitive and fun league. That doesn't mean we have to all sit through it like a bunch of lemmings and ignore something that's frowned upon. If that makes me too serious, so be it. Also, I don't care what game you're playing, if you feel like someone on the other side is cheating you (and others) on purpose, it pisses you off. That's just part of competing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's a bit of a dick move to rotate the bottom of your roster out every day.
however, the biggest point is.... everyone is free to do the same.

it's a free league, no prize at the end. frankly it doesn't seem worth the effort to scour the schedule every day for the entire season. Loco apparently thinks it is.

when there was a discussion earlier about limiting moves to 7 per week next year... I'd prefer to put that down to about 2. just enough to take care of occasional upgrades or injury replacements.

We don't have to scour the schedule to do it. We just click ADD PLAYER, pick the position & it's done for us. It's easy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gone for now. It'll be a lot easier for you to talk about me while I'm not here.

:laugh:

I think I type with a lot of humor and sarcasm that people don't always catch. Anyway, I said what I thought I had to at the time and all things considered, I don't regret it.

:nod:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it's a losing strategy, why complain about it? You don't make any sense.

It's not a losing strategy. It's a cheating, potentially very successful strategy that often leads to more wins.

But, as has already been discussed, it's entirely frowned upon. This is why you're pretty much the only one doing it. Go figure eh?

Goodbye. ;)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Actually, I don't know if I even want to play this year. Fun is all being taken out of it now. Dick move? That's a bit much.

you've been called worse by better people, I'm sure. :drama: :D

honestly.... I'm just waiting for you to drop a mistake.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puckhead traded one goalie for Lecavalier & got Crosby for scraps. His team is set up for the playoffs that's for sure.

I agree with the open communication on trades. This would let everyone know who's available in a trade.

I posted multiple times I was willing to trade. ANYONE could have made an offer, but only Puck made an attempt. I don't have to post any info on who's available, period. Puck posted in this thread he had something in mind, contacted me and made an offer, Puck got Crosby. Quit crying.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted multiple times I was willing to trade. ANYONE could have made an offer, but only Puck made an attempt. I don't have to post any info on who's available, period. Puck posted in this thread he had something in mind, contacted me and made an offer, Puck got Crosby. Quit crying.

I'm not crying. I'm stating a fact that the deal you made was lopsided beyond belief just like many on here said I was the one who got schooled in the deal we made.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is to be seen whether or not the deal is lopsided. If you got "schooled" in our deal, blame yourself. YOU made the offer, all I did was click accept.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is to be seen whether or not the deal is lopsided. If you got "schooled" in our deal, blame yourself. YOU made the offer, all I did was click accept.

I don't think I got schooled at all. My record since the trade speaks for itself.

Crosby got 4 points last night. In one game he passed over 200 players in scoring.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I got schooled at all. My record since the trade speaks for itself.

Crosby got 4 points last night. In one game he passed over 200 players in scoring.

I didn't go through all your box scores, but Slugs wasn't even setting his rosters each night. He probably had as many active players on the bench as in the line-up last week, LOL

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't go through all your box scores, but Slugs wasn't even setting his rosters each night. He probably had as many active players on the bench as in the line-up last week, LOL

How is that my fault? I'm sure at least one of your opponents didn't participate either.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that my fault? I'm sure at least one of your opponents didn't participate either.

Not saying it's your fault at all. As you can tell be my record, I haven't had the luxury of playing an owner who doesn't care, yet.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's your fault at all. As you can tell be my record, I haven't had the luxury of playing an owner who doesn't care, yet.

It's only happened to me once in each league. It's very early in the season. You will definately get some easy weeks as well.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only happened to me once in each league. It's very early in the season. You will definately get some easy weeks as well.

It's why I might talk to Tyler about a keeper or even a money league next year. I like a league where the owners actually care.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I might talk to Tyler about a keeper or even a money league next year. I like a league where the owners actually care.

Everyone who doesn't participate has a reason. I realize it doesn't take more than a few minutes to set our lineups though.

A keeper league would be interesting. As long as we're allowed to still trade everyone.